Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:31 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

The temperature of the room drops by several degrees, and his eyes flicker silver again. He nods mutely.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:18 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"I believe I'm going to go ahead and explore the next room," said Li He. She turned away from Kyou and Cornyx, trying to walk away as fast as possible without breaking into a run. Her stomach turned again. "Anyone who wants to join me, feel free," she added over her shoulder, a little weakly.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:57 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He glances down, able to feel the discomfort he's caused. At least it turned out better than it could've, he supposes, but...

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:32 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane immediately set about trying to figure out how far the cold spot spanned. Thomas seemed uneasy, speaking to Jane in a low whisper. "Are you just going to sit there while this person has their blood sucked?"

Jane shrugged. "He has consent, I don't see a problem."

"I just thought you disapproved of this sort of thing..." He responded slowly.

"And the blood I give to my vampire friends appears randomly out of thin air." She retorted sarcastically.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:16 pm
Mageheart says...

Zion followed Li He out of the room, silent as they entered the hallway. Kyou turned his attention back to Cornyx. He'd hate to be watching something like this; despite his inability to die, horror always gave him an uncomfortable feeling. But he oddly wasn't too scared now. Even if Cornyx did take a little too much blood, his body would recover. Compared to some of the other ways he had died, it would be painless.

"I'm ready when you are," he said.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:36 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden followed Jane, and drew up next to her
"What're you doing?" he whispered to her, after her exchange with Thomas
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

223 Reviews

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:55 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"Cataloging the cold spot." She responded as if it was obvious.

"Probably has nothing to do with anything, but she likes to catalog everything."

"I am this close to a theory." She said, practically pinching her thumb and forefinger together.

"You've been saying that for the past five years." Thomas responded patiently.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

8 Reviews

Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:00 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Theory of what?" he asked, curious. To him, Jane was like some sort of scientist; researching a field nobody has ever heard about.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

223 Reviews

Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:20 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"I believe that there is a correlation between relative power of supernatural phenomenon and temperature change." She explained.

"She's a weirdo in our world too, it's alright." Thomas smiled.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:54 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He moves forward, eyes turning full silver as he sinks his vampire-like teeth into Kyou's neck. It's surprisingly painless, for his teeth are sharp and the action is swift. The nervousness disappears as his eyes change: instinct becomes dominant and the demon takes over, any sign of the reserved, shy young man almost gone but for a faint glimmer that can hardly be felt.

he/him/his

8 Reviews

Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:57 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden opened his mouth to ask something, but the sound of movement from behind him caused him to turn round in curiosity. He saw Cornyx with his teeth sunk into Kyou's neck. A shiver went through his spine.
"Scary..."
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

223 Reviews

Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:24 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane and Thomas looked on- neither one of them appearing surprised or afraid in any way. "I am now even more afraid of Victoria." Jane muttered.

"You- afraid of something?" Thomas asked incredulously.

"Don't act so surprised, she's truly creepy." Jane shivered.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:09 am
Mageheart says...

The feeling of fangs puncturing his neck may have been painless, but there was something deeply disconcerting about the sensation. He tried to keep his face from displaying how uncomfortable he felt. It was hard to. There was first the feeling of Cornyx leaning right over his shoulder - he was close enough that Kyou could smell his breath. And there wasn't a good position to get in to suck blood, really. It involved a lot of awkward movement, craning necks and overall oddness.

He didn't dare to turn his head. The sudden movement would startle Cornyx at best, and involve their heads hitting each other at worst. "Hey, Cornyx? Are you almost done yet?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:34 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He doesn't reply, but breaks off a couple minutes later anyways. His eyes are still silver but he seems to be pretty present. "Are you alright?"

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:04 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"The least that could happen is that he's really lightheaded and woozy from too much blood loss," mused Li He, pacing in the next room over. "Otherwise he's dead and . . . putting himself back together. Hopefully." She covered her mouth and closed her eyes, trying to suppress the feeling that her stomach was going to come out of her throat.

After recovering quickly, she straightened and sighed. "I've got to stop thinking about it. You'd think that I'd be okay with it, as a fox, but I--I'm not. I can't change that. But I can't help but worry about strangers." She groaned and then slapped her cheeks a few times. "Snap out of it!"
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer