z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:15 pm
Mageheart says...

Kyou silently followed, still mulling over their theories about their authors and their stories. Cornyx and Zion were both deep in thought; Raiden, Jane and Thomas were all eagerly chatting away. He wasn't sure where to put Li He. She was quiet now, but not in the same sense as Cornyx and Zion. There was a tenseness to their silence.

"I wonder if we'll meet any ghosts," he suddenly said, more to himself than to the others. "We have heard them, but none of us have actually interacted with one yet..."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:18 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I'd imagine we probably will, with their presence so evident," Cornyx replies, broken out of thought, though there's still that nagging worry. He needs to tell them. There's a werewolf and a sentient shadow in the party, and, besides, they already know he's not human...would they really turn on him so quickly? He almost starts to speak again, then goes quiet - there's the possibility they wouldn't, but if they did....
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"I hope they're nice, whatever ghosts we meet," said Li He with a smile.

She turned her head slightly, breathing in the scents of the people around her. Three humans, wolf, and, well, not really much of a smell for a shadow. But Cornyx . . . she couldn't shake the feeling that he was the same one she'd met before. They both smelled - demonic, she supposed.

"So, um, Cornyx. Is there . . . something we should know about you?" she asked delicately, looking him knowingly in the eyes.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:23 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He hesitates, glancing up at her, dark gaze carefully guarded. How did she know? Scent, instinct? Something else entirely? Yes, there is something he needs to tell them, but he's afraid to. Too afraid. Ironic, wasn't it? A demon scared more of himself and his prey than anything else?

"Uh...I...er..." he softly replies, unable to form a coherent sentence for several moments. "...uh...probably, yes, um...how do I say this? I...well, it's fairly obvious I'm not human, and er...I'm not entirely sure what I-I am but it's a fairly safe bet to venture that 'demon' is in the right, uh...category..."

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:45 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane's eyes immediately began to twinkle. "Awesome!" She grinned. "Any flesh cravings?" It didn't seem to dawn on her that if he did have flesh cravings, she might be on the menu.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He shifts a little uncomfortably. "Uh, well, see, that's, er...kind of the...problem, because, uhhh...how do I say this...well, to put it bluntly, most of you are on the, er...menu...Which is a bit of a problem...I-I mean, I'm not going to do anything!" he adds hurriedly. "It's just that if I don't feed for too long then I'm concerned I might...lose control and...well..."

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:26 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"I understand." Thomas said quickly. "Well, not completely- I know exactly when control is going to be lost, so precautions can be made, but I do know the feeling."

"He's being empathetic. I think we need to find some sort of solution to the problem- like finding something- preferably not us- for you to feed on. Our solution is to chain him up in the basement for a night, but I have a feeling that won't work for you."

Thomas basically flinched at the implications of that sentence for anyone who took it out of context. Jane was innocent to the current implications- probably because she would rather not think about it.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:24 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I can't feed off, um...animals, unfortunately...that's been, er...tried...And as you anticipated, no, that will not work on, uh, me..."

he/him/his

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:21 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden watched the their interaction silently
"So uh, what happens when you do lose control?"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:41 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He doesn't meet Raiden's eyes when he answers, looking at the ground instead. "Once someone, uh...died," he replies softly.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:18 pm
Mageheart says...

"Oh," Kyou quietly said, giving Cornyx a worried look. He would be fine, of course, but if they weren't careful, someone else could get hurt or even killed. It wasn't a good situation no matter how he tried looking at it-

"Oh!" he cried out, this time with more force. He turned so he was completely facing the apparent demon. "You need to feed, right? On human flesh?" He gestured down at himself. "My Quirk might be a little weird, but I can't die. You've all seen how fast my wounds heal, and pain isn't a problem for me. You want to feed on me?"
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:54 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He held back from making a retching sound. Sure, a lot of her kind were sort of evil - stories said that some nine-tailed foxes ate souls or something crazy like that (ew) - and she didn't mind messy eating that came while in her true form, but feeding on a live human . . . Her stomach turned.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:13 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

His eyes almost flash silver for a moment, but it's gone as quickly as it comes. "B-blood, mostly, actually..."

he/him/his

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:02 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
Oof I maaayy have read that wrong and now I have changed this post

Raiden gave an uncomfortable smile
"I guess that means it's settled then?"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:14 pm
Mageheart says...

"Blood, then," Kyou corrected himself. He pulled down the collar of his uniform, bare skin of his neck now visible to the others. "I'm guessing this is probably the best spot? There's a large vein, and it's easily accessible compared to other areas."
mage

queer and here.

sweet mother of asparagus
— GengarIsBestBoy