Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:09 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"That probably explains the my hotel incident."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:29 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"...On the plus side though," Raiden began, holding up a finger, "Our authors probably created us for a story of their own creation, so we're probably the main characters of our own stories," he said, trying to look at the bright side.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:21 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"I'm probably the sidekick with questionable sanity." Jane grinned. She didn't mind if she was.

"Or maybe we're like Kirk and Spock in Star Trek." Thomas shrugged.

Jane giggled. "Don't you ship them?"

Thomas rolled his eyes. "Yes, but that's not the point. You're the adventurous one, and I'm the logical one."

"Who is bones? The one that insults you a lot?" Jane paled. "Oh god that's Victoria..."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:02 pm
Mageheart says...

"I hope my author is kind," Zion muttered. Something about the comment was almost wistful, as though the sentient shadow knew that wasn't the case but wished otherwise. He glanced over at them. There was a dejected air to them that he couldn't quite explain; he couldn't see their face, yet he was certain that his analysis was right.

Kyou slipped his hands into his pockets. "Well, we should keep exploring, right? I doubt we have the same author; I can't think of many writers who do extensive crossovers like that. So there must be something else at play here."

Spoiler! :
Feel free to have them explore the rest of the mansion! I have a specific room in mind as the end room, but the rest of it is completely unplanned. I'll just direct us to it when we're all tired of the roleplay. c:
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:32 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Well, I think my author adores me," said Li He with a laugh. "That's probably why they gave me such a great personality. Just kidding, I'm not that self-absorbed." She motioned for the others to go ahead. "And lead on. I'd love to see what's inside."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

8 Reviews

Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:57 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
Sae, did you just call Zion a "he"?
0_o

"I'm sure your author is kind, Zion," Raiden said, smiling at the shadow, "Mine, on the other hand, is another story altogether," he finished with a chuckle. He then turned to Kyou and Li He
"Which way do you propose we go?"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:07 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I believe it would be prudent to explain all the abilities of our team before we decide on a course of action," Cornyx says in his usual, soft way.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:13 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

While Thomas was trying to come to terms with Victoria being Bones in their Star Trek crew, Jane was thinking about what kind of author she had. "My author probably hates children."

Thomas shook himself. "Well, a tragic backstory tends to make a character more interesting..."

"Nah, they just hate kids." Jane said matter-of-factly.

Thomas shook his head slightly. "As for powers, I'm a little bit stronger than a normal human, and have a better sense of smell, but the only other power is to turn into a monster when there's a full moon, and that's not particularly useful. Jane is... Well... Jane... If recklessness and luck were superpowers, we might as well call her wonder woman."

"Also I have a bunch of hidden weapons and supernatural knowledge." Jane added.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

8 Reviews

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:46 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Prudent sounds like a fruit," Raiden thought to himself, scratching his nose.
"Do you just, not have control over yourself when you're all wolfie wolfie?" he asked Thomas, referring to the full moon monster thingerie ding.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

223 Reviews

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:04 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Thomas shook his head. "No. It's kind of scary, like I'm watching through the eyes of a murderer with no control over what they do."

8 Reviews

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:33 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Oooohhhhh," Raiden gave a slow nod, "I think I understand."
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:35 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He knows that feeling well enough, but he's not going to say it. They might accept a werewolf who has no control over their actions under a full moon, but a demon who feeds without such change of state may not be so welcome. Of course, they'll have to find out sooner or later, because unless they get out very soon - which seems unlikely - he's going to have to feed.

he/him/his

8 Reviews

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:25 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden cracked his neck
"A'ight, I think we should probably get going. Something's telling me that this room ain't going to be this safe soon," he said, before striding over to the doorway.
"You guys coming?" He asked, looking back at the others
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

223 Reviews

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:26 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"I'm in the mood for adventure." Jane exclaimed mischievously, following Raiden out the door.

"As per usual." Thomas muttered, following her.

"Don't act like you mind." Jane teased.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He hesitates - he should say something, he knows he has to. But the fear of their reaction keeps him silent; he can't afford to be outcast in this strange place, or, worse, actually attacked. He's severely outnumbered. Besides, he doesn't want to hurt them. Yet he knows the truth will come out sooner or later. He will have to feed - it's only a matter of time - and when he does, things could get ugly if he doesn't figure out how to do so before instinct completely seizes control. He can already feel it starting, too, the subtle urge to take some blood and soul for his sustenance.

he/him/his

"Be happy, my friend; and if you obey me in this one request, remain satisfied that nothing on earth will have the power to interrupt my tranquility."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein