Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:37 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx steps forward, extending a hand to the werewolf as he fights down the demon in him that wants to destroy this rival predator. "I'm Cornyx Blackthorne. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:09 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"The p-pleasure is mine." Thomas said shyly. He was not an alpha wolf- that was Jane, even though she wasn't technically a wolf.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:17 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"Li He Jin," she introduced herself, "but you can call me Lily." Thomas still smelled strongly of wolf. "I'm a nine-tailed fox."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

223 Reviews

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:30 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Thomas looked a little bit more surprised than Jane had been. "I've only ever read about nine-t-t-t-tailed foxes."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

81 Reviews

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:36 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"Well, happy to trick ya--just kidding, I meant it's nice to meet you." Li He grinned in a friendly way at him. "I love jokes and pranks. Do you?"
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:40 am
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Can I please post next? I really didn't want the sun to come up because it ruins the spooky mood, but I do have an idea of how to get it back. I should post tomorrow morning.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:25 am
Mageheart says...

It was hard to give a smile when they didn't have lips to do it with, but Zion tried their best to come off as welcoming. The last thing they wanted to do was terrify the now awake werewolf. "Hello," they said, giving a little wave. "I'm Zion. I'm a sentient shadow - I'm currently trying to find my host."

Kyou shoved his hands into the pockets of his uniform. "I'm Kyou Hideyoshi. Last name or first name is fine with me. I'm as human as can be, though I can't die an unnatural death."

As they were talking, the light filtering in through the window began to grow dimmer. Zion looked outside. Dark, thick storm clouds were rolling in, covering the blue sky. Even the sun was blocked out by the clouds. Torrents of rain began to cascade down from above, and a deep rumbling noise sounded from outside of the mansion. They were, undoubtedly, bearing witness to a thunderstorm.

And it was the type that could last for quite some time.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:29 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
I didn't mean for the sun to come up - just needed it to be morning for Thomas to wake up, right? Or am I just a tard?

Raiden smiled as he heard the crackle of thunder outside, but when he glanced outside his expression faltered. This storm...he didn't like it. Usually storms were fun, but this one gave him the chills. He whipped his head round to the door where they entered from, his eyes wide and mouth open slightly, as if to reply to a question that had not been spoken. He thought he had heard someone. But nobody was there. He breathed in long and slowly, before exhaling equally as slowly.

Calm yourself, Raiden. Just calm down. There's nobody there. It's okay.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:32 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx spins as the thunder rumbles through the building, eyes flashing silver for the quickest instant.

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:18 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"Oh come on," scoffed Li He, who had survived many a storm out in the wild before. "So who decided to try to creep us out with a thunderstorm? That's so cliche."

Spoiler! :
Yeah, as cautious as Li He is about her real identity, she's quite a thrill seeker.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:32 am
Mageheart says...

Something about this situation seemed off, but Kyou couldn't put his finger on what. He would need to stay alert. Even though the majority of his current companions weren't from the same world as him, he couldn't rule out the possibility of a villain being responsible. But what type of Quirk would even be responsible for something like that?

He looked at them. He was suddenly struck by the realization that, in his confusion back in the other room, he had completely forgotten to ask a crucial question. "Does anyone actually remember how they got here, or anything leading up to it?"
mage

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:42 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane began speaking in a high-pitched doll voice- just to creep everybody out. "Do you want to play a game?" She turned her head at an angle that didn't look particularly comfortable.

Thomas- who knew exactly what she was doing- didn't bat an eye. "Nice t-t-to meet you Zion, Kyou." He turned to Kyou. "No, I don't remember anything."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:35 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx ignores Jane and answers Kyou, shaking his head. "No, nothing. You?"

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:08 pm
Mageheart says...

Jane's sudden change in voice was alarming, but, seeing that her friend was far from worried, Kyou guessed that her antics were nothing new. "I remember studying in my room, but nothing after that. One minute I was studying quadratics, and the next I was here."

"I was with my host," Zion said. Seeing that they had spent the first minutes after their arrival searching for them, he wasn't too surprised. "I was helping her with her history homework. I also don't remember ending up here."
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:25 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden, after having just calmed down, almost peed when Jane made that creepy voice. When he turned and saw it was just her, he sighed and shrugged it off, ignoring it as everyone else did
"Before this place all I remember was eating some noodles while watching BnHA," he said, nonchalantly. His eyes widened slightly, and he turned to look at Kyou.
"Crap, I was watching BnHA! What if he asks about it, what then?!" he thought frantically, but he kept his body calm. Only a few drops of sweat formed on his forehead, which weren't all that noticeable.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

These were autumn mornings, the time of year when kings of old went forth to conquest; and I, never stirring from my little corner in Calcutta, would let my mind wander over the whole world.
— Rabindranath Tagore, The Cabuliwallah