z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"Or maybe someone brought us together in a place that would be expected to drive us insane and pit us against each other so we fight to the death." Jane responded with no emotion in particular.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:31 pm
Mageheart says...

"I was actually thinking Nightmare Factory. Haven't seen Mirai Nikki yet, so I'm not sure about that one. " He looked over at Jane. "...You're not a villain, are you?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:17 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"Nah, I just have an over-active imagination, and often live in the company of those who died horrible twisted deaths, or were responsible for those deaths." She shrugged.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:21 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He cast a furtive glance at Cornyx again.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:36 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

As he opened his mouth to respond to Jane's comment, he heard movement out in the hallway. Something was out there. He put a finger to his lip. Whatever it was had begun to walk in their direction, its footsteps tantalizingly slow. It sounded like it might be a human, but something about the footsteps was off - they weren't wearing shoes, but they also weren't barefoot.

It stopped by the door.

Kyou's hand went for his knife.

Then it peered around the corner into the room. A feeling of utter dread washed over him as he saw the nature of the newcomer. They were on the cusp of being human; their body was made entirely out of shadows and they lack any facial features.

And when it saw him raise his knife, darkness lashed out from its body in wild strains and burst free from the ground.

Spoiler! :
Meet Zion! Like Kyou, they currently don't have a character profile. Zion's a sentient shadow. Their host is a seventeen year girl with short hair who typically wears t-shirts and jeans, so their outline matches that. They can leave their host if they want to (which they currently have) and use they/them pronouns. Their voice matches them rather than their owner - it's pretty androgynous.
mage

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:41 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane's eyes lit up. "Hi! I'm Jane, and who might you be?" She greeted with excitement.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:20 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The darkness receded. Individual strands licked the air as their owner presumably watched them. It was curious, but it was far from trusting them.

He felt nauseous. He had only seen abilities like this two times before; Tokoyami's Dark Shadow, and the villain they had encountered in the training park. There was nothing to suggest that this shadow was anything like Tokoyami's Quirk; it wasn't connected to anything. Yet it also wasn't like that villain's Quirk, for he couldn't see something tangible in the center of it. How were they supposed to deal with something like this?

"Where is she?" it demanded. The darkness regained its intensity. The strands began to wildly shoot up from the ground, and it took a menacing step towards them.

Though it had no eyes, he was able to track the movement of its head. It was searching for someone. His grip on his knife tightened. He didn't like the tone or the way the query had been worded. Would he have to fight with something that could only be in league with a villain?

Spoiler! :
I forgot to mention this in my previous post, but, when Zion talks, they talk with bolded words and in italics.
mage

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:52 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"No idea. Who are you looking for? Maybe we could help." Jane forged ahead, taking no notice of the creature's threatening appearance.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:56 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden gulped. That thing was scary. If not for Jane's casual attitude towards this...ghost thing, he probably would need a new pair of pants. His feet did not want to listen to what he was telling them; to move. To just move somewhere so he knew they were still working.

He glanced at Jane, then back at the thing. He inhaled sharply, before replying
"A-Are you looking for your girlfriend?" he managed to get out. Though he was scared of how the shadow would react, he at the very least stopped his own knees from trembling.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"No," it answered.

Kyou couldn't stop the hand holding his knife from shaking as it came even closer. He should have sprung into action by now. It wasn't the first time he had dealt with something like this! But the rules of his reality didn't apply here, and there was no simple way to defeat something as terrifying as this.

A strand of darkness shot out and knocked his knife to the ground. Before he could retrieve it, the shadow was upon him. Even though it barely towered over him, an intimidating effect was still achieved. "Where is Aria Wright?" it hissed, wrapping a strand of darkness around his knife and jerking it away from him.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:54 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Think we could slow it down just a bit so I don't get lost in here folks?

His eyes turn silver and slit-pupilled as the shadow takes offensive action, and he moves with inhuman speed through the darkened room towards it. All shyness and reservation suddenly gone, Cornyx Blackthorne's fist becomes engulfed in the very shadow that cloaks the room and the creature they now face as he swings it down on the entity.

Spoiler! :
Basically the attack is a magic/shadow/incorporeal attack on top of a normal punch, if that makes sense. It's a buffing move.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:16 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He poised to defend herself, but waited.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:35 pm
Mageheart says...

The knife went flying as the shadow tumbled back in pain. As the darkness surrounding it recoiled, Kyou took the opportunity to grab his knife from where it had fallen. He had several more hidden underneath his clothes, but he would only use them if it became absolutely necessary. He held it out before him. Seeing Cornyx spring into action snapped him out of his frightened state.

He will defeat this thing, even if he has to die before doing so.

"Is she even here?" the shadow muttered to itself. Uncertainty laced its voice. It drew itself up to its full height and proceeded to do what he assumed was looking them over. It was hard to tell without any identifiable facial features.

The darkness completely receded. Even the strands coming off of its body disappeared. While it had previously been a cartoon caricature of a shadow, it now took on a more defined form. Its hair was short, and it looked as if it was wearing a large t-shirt and a pair of pants. Everything was still completely made of darkness, but it suddenly looked like it could belong to a normal person - possibly a girl.

"You didn't take her, did you?" it surmised.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:11 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden was kinda surprised by Cornyx's reaction. He didn't expect it, but he ignored it for now and answered the shadow's first question.
"Uh, as far as I know, none of these ladies are called Aria Wright," he said, feeling less intimidated by the shadow's current form.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

223 Reviews

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:51 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"I don't know an Aria Wright." Jane shrugged.

[while trapped in a bucket of popcorn] You know what the worst part is? It's not even butter. We're gonna be destroyed by... ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!
— Blake Bradley, Power Rangers Ninja Storm