z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:02 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Watch your language, please, young man," said Li He, giving him a glance. She was much older than she looked, though she supposed no one had guessed before this. "And no, it would take much more than that to scare me. I've been through much more than you know. There were a bunch of supernatural beings at that hotel, and this one regular human who blew up the building. We had to rescue the other guests after that."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 pm
Mageheart says...

"That's really cool," Kyou said, awe in his voice. That sounded like the work of a support hero. While he had qualms about becoming one himself, there was something incredibly admirable about that. Putting your life on line to save people you didn't even know? That took a lot of courage, and he wondered if he would be able to do the same if he was in a similar situation.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He glanced at Cornyx, looking for any specific reaction. "Nah, it was nasty business. I had a bad cough and a hard time breathing for a while after that. But I'm glad no one was really hurt."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:43 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He's fairly unreadable, his thoughts and confused emotions hidden underneath a cool mask. There seems to be now particular fear nor worry beneath the concealment, however; instead he is a fearful and torn young man lacking understanding of the situation and terrified of something, something he knows fights to escape. Still, Cornyx has been in situations among others all his life, knowing little of being alone, and has become quite adept at hiding all of this, but to the acute eye it is plain that he is not near as calm and stolid as he appears.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:09 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane chuckled awkwardly again. The bit about the haunted hotel that got set on fire sounded like something she would do, except her hotel was too wonderful for her to set it on fire. Someone else's maybe. Hers provided a safe haven for a bunch of supernatural beings like Thomas. She stroked his head softly, playing with his ears.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

81 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:30 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"By the way, how long do you think Thomas is going to be out?"

223 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:55 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"Hopefully until the sun comes out." Jane shrugged.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:57 pm
Mageheart says...

Kyou crossed his arms. "So it looks we'll need to bring him around with us," he said, glancing out the nearest window at the dark sky. "I don't think we should leave anyone behind here - not until we know what's going on and why we were brought here. Speaking of that, does anyone have any guesses why a bunch of complete strangers would be brought to a creepy place like this?"

Spoiler! :
Does anyone mind if I introduce another character?
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:09 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He shrugged. "Beats me. Strange things happen."

Spoiler! :
I don't mind.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:53 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Not at all

Cornyx shakes his head. "I'm as clueless as you are."

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:07 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"I'll probably wake up at two a.m. some morning with a hypothesis, but right now I'm clueless." Jane shrugged.

Spoiler! :
Go ahead!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
Go Ahead!

Raiden shrugged. He had no idea what was going on. But that didn't stop him from suggesting something.
"Maybe someone brought us here to troll us?"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:45 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"But why us?" Cornyx points out, voice still quite soft. "I mean, we don't know each other, don't seem to have anything in common, and evidently don't seem to have come from the same, er...place."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:47 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kyou crossed his arms. What connection could they possibly have? They were even more mismatched than his classmates, and that was saying something. "Maybe it's like one of those stories where people are kidnapped to play a 'game'," he said. "You know, across different times and space? The game master needs some entertainment, so he decides to take us and throw us into a strange and dangerous area. I think this place would fit the bill of that." And if that was the case, it would neatly explain why only some of them knew what Quirks were - and, surely, there was a Quirk that could accomplish something like that.

Spoiler! :
I'll wait for another post or two before introducing them. c:
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"So...something like Mirai Nikki?" Raiden asked, in reply to Kyou's comment while he looked over Cornyx. The dude was seemed really shy. Raiden wondered if he preferred being alone instead of being with others. If so, this might be really awkward for him. Raiden casually picked his nose in thought.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta