Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The thought of it being related to anime made him snicker. How would that even work? "It's just my school," he answered, gesturing at the uniform in question. "I'm a first year there."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:32 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden blinked. Either this dude is legitimately from U.A., or he really likes his cosplay. He thought the latter was more likely.
"U.A. is the high school where all the best heroes in the world have come from, and now All Might- the world's number 1 hero- teaches there. He wants to train the next generation of heroes or something," he explained nonchalantly.
"I guess you could say my quirk," he said quirk with finger quotes, "is electricity storage and...specific discharge?" the words sounded strange to him, as he said them out loud, as he had never had to explain it in this way before.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Excuse me," Cornyx says softly. "But what, exactly, is a Quirk?"
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:44 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He snapped her fingers. "My thoughts exactly. Actually, to be honest, Kyou, you look like you stepped out of an anime. That's not natural. I mean, some people would say I'm not natural, but those are the same ones who wouldn't believe in myths. Anyways, would you please explain yourself?"
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He didn't get the air quotes, but, seeing that Raiden actually knew what a Quirk was, he honestly didn't care. He wasn't the only person from his time here! He still needed to figure out why he was here in the first place, but having Raiden as a part of their group was all that he needed.

Kyou turned his attention to Cornyx. His silence had made it easy to forget that he was standing in the room, and it was only when he heard the sound of his voice that he remembered there was another member of their group. "A Quirk is a specific ability that a person can have. About eighty percent of the world's population has it, and those with powerful Quirks usually become heroes. The abilities vary. My class alone has countless different ones."

Then there was Lily's comment to address. "I'm honored that someone thinks I look like I can be in an anime," he said, thinking of all the ones he had binged when he should have been studying for upcoming tests, "but I'm honestly one of the more normal looker people I know. I'm not from an anime or anything like that. I'm just from Japan."

Spoiler! :
I kept trying to reply, but you all beat me to it! :P
mage

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:24 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane sat down on the floor next to Thomas. "I haven't heard of half the things you're talking about, but I have a very narrow field in which I am expert. Basically, I live under a self-imposed rock based on my interest group."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

8 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:32 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Not wanting to break the poor guys vision of reality, he kept quiet about him actually being from an anime. So he was thankful when someone else spoke up.

"What is your field of expertise?" he asked Jane, desperate to change the topic to something else
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

223 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:09 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"Hauntings and paranormal activity." She answered with a grin, gesturing at Thomas. "Case in point."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:18 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"So you would be an expert in a situation like this," Kyou surmised. He looked at the faces of the others in the room; it currently seemed like Jane and Raiden would be the most useful in dealing with whatever they might encounter. His Quirk might be of use if anything life threatening happened, but would be essentially be useless in actually fighting any threats that might arise. "Assuming this place is haunted."
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:40 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"So we might meet some ghosts today?" Raiden asked out loud, more to himself than anything, as he rubbed his chin.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:37 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Probably," Kyou responded, glancing around the room. It certainly looked like they might.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:10 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Well, there were his kind - were ghosts really that far fetched?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He said, "I've met a ghost before. This crazy hotel I was staying at was haunted or something. Whew, that was a wild time."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

223 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:55 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane chuckled awkwardly, making a mental count of how many ghosts she currently had with her in the form of haunted objects.

8 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:50 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"A haunted hotel? How'd that go?" Raiden asked Li He, genuinely interested.
"Did you crap your pants?"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you.
— Maya Angelou