z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:58 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Huh." He blinked as the information settled in. He then bent down slightly to look her over.
"Pretty normal though...nothing like what I expected a fox spirit to look like," he mumbled, "Although...I only had anime to go off of...and that's not entirely reliable..." he continued mumbling, before standing up straight.
"Well that's pretty cool!" he said with a big grin.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He tried not to squirm or make a face when he studied her, muttering to himself. With her acute hearing, she was able to pick up most of his words. Some people really loved their anime, apparently. "Um, well, thanks. So . . . where are you from, Raiden?"
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

For some reason, he found the fact that Raiden also watched anime oddly comforting. Kyou's interaction with anime had always been an interesting one; he had spent time both in Japan and America, so it was both from his country and not. Raiden probably wasn't from Japan, so their shared interest was all the more rare.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:49 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He stopped before Raiden could say anything. "Wait a minute . . . you just accepted what I said that easily? Last time I checked, a fox spirit isn't someone you meet every day. Even I don't normally see other fox spirits, with the exception of my family."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

8 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:50 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden blinked.
"Uh, what do you want me to do? Call you a liar? I don't have any reason not to believe you," he said, his face in an expression of slight confusion. He didn't understand what was so bad about accepting it easily. He scratched the back of his head as he spoke, feeling a bit awkward.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

81 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Well . . . It's sensitive info, let's keep it at that." She shook her head and waved a hand. "Next order of business would be . . . ?" She glanced at Kyou and Jane, as well as the wolf who was still out.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:43 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He stands in the shadows, silent, watching. He's too shy to say much but very little stands unnoticed by his quiet scrutiny.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:10 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

A new, unfamiliar scent seemed to reach Li He's nose, but she brushed it off as just being in a strange environment.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:13 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She's not the only one to notice it - Cornyx's head jerks up as he tries to place the scent, unable to identify it.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:17 pm
Mageheart says...

Kyou crossed his arms. "I think we should wait for the werewolf to wake up," he suggested, oblivious to what the others were smelling. "And see if he has a clue about what's going on."
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:22 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Sure," said Li He, having second thoughts about the smell being part of this new place. She cast subtle glances around the area.

8 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:56 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden, being oblivious to the scent as well, looked toward Kyou as he spoke. He shrugged an agreement halfheartedly as he looked over Kyou's uniform a bit closer.
"Why does his uniform look so familiar...?" he thought to himself, tilting his head sightly as he tried to think for the reason as to why it felt familiar. It was most definitely not from around where he used to live. And definitely not a school in his country, if Kyou's accent told him anything about his new acquaintance's nationality. Maybe...
"Hey Kyou," he started hesitantly, "Isn't that uniform from U.A. or something?" he asked, remembering the uniform from Boku no Hero Academia
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:03 pm
Mageheart says...

Kyou looked over at the other boy.

"It is," he slowly confirmed, looking Raiden over with an intrigued glint to his eyes. The U.A. was one of the top schools for heroes in Japan, but this was likely not Japan and it seemed that none of the others had even heard of a Quirk before. Was Raiden like him? "What's your Quirk? I won't judge you if you're Quirkless, but it would be good to know if I can rely on it."

Please know what a Quirk is!
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:04 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

So Raiden knew about Quirks, too, but what was U.A?

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:10 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"What is U.A.? Your school, Kyou?" Li He eyed Kyou's outfit. "Or is this some sort of . . . anime thing?"

No wonder Raiden had said cosplay before.

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale