Young Writers Society

A House with Many Doors

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes crossed his arms and studied the text. It was vague at best; he wasn't sure how much help it had actually provided. They were no closer to understanding where they were than they had been prior to reading the book.

He looked back up from the book. "So that means whoever - or whatever - brought us here planned for our arrival, doesn't it? That information suggests that they did their research."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:20 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Oh, isn't that perfect," she drawls. "We were deliberately kidnapped and tossed into some infernal magic mansion with the sole goal of escaping? Who would do that, anyways? What purpose does it even serve?"

They're probably just bored, but instead of k-

No one asked your opinion, Apophis.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:02 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Larrel frowned at the book. Was that it? No, that couldn’t be it. So she flipped to the next page, and for a moment, her heart skipped a beat with hope.

Her eyes lit up, and she felt her brother’s hand on her shoulder.

“A map.”

There was a map of part of the house! This was something they could actually use!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:16 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Oh, lit, a map'll be helpful," Raiden said, sounding quite indifferent. He was interested, though. He was wondering subconsciously about the exit of this place, but the meeting of new people took priority.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes peered down at the map. With so little knowledge of the layout of the building, it was nearly impossible to determine where they were in relation to the rest of it. He stared intently at it. But his attempts to gain a better understanding of it failed, and he was left as confused as he was before he looked at it.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:06 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Larrel frowned at the map. She'd really hoped that it would show where they were, but there was no "you are here" marking, nor were there any rooms she recognized.

"I don't think this is a map of the whole house," she theorized aloud, pointing to a large ballroom that looked important. "Maybe this is a part of the house we need to find?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:36 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
I started typing and it came out as characters at first XD I was just doing Mandarin hw and didn't change the keyboard :,)

"Probably," Auryon agrees, her voice serious instead of sarcastic for once. "The question is, how do we get there?"

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:02 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"I believe it's this way," said Adamina dryly, motioning to the entrance in the wall that she and Edwin had come from.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:27 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden had silently slunk over there already, and was now standing by the entrance.
"So through here, and we'll find where the map leads?"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:39 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Let's hope."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:28 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Larrel and James looked at the still open door that Mina had pointed at, and, Larrel following behind her brother with book in hand, James went ahead, leading the way. He stopped in the doorway, looking back at everyone.

"Well the only way to find out is to go through more doors. But the likelihood of us needing each other to open things might increase, if the book with three markings is any indication. I suggest we all stick together if we want any chance of getting out of here. A door might come that all of us are needed to open."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:21 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I won't object, but I don't know how long Apophis will be out of the picture," Auryon says. "Or, for that matter, how long I'll be safe to be around."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:45 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James's eyes flickered to the sword now on his side, and then he looked to Maahes, who'd been Auryon's strongest advocate for her staying.

"Then we'll deal with that when that comes. If you think you are about to become a danger to yourself and/or others, alert us beforehand as you are able."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:08 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She smiles slightly, a bit wolfishly with a hint of rue. "Sure."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:23 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Adamina looked as if wanted to argue, to force Auryon to be left behind, but Edwin reached over and squeezed her hand. He felt a bit guilty about immediately fleeing at the first sign of her losing a hold, but Mina's safety was the most important. At least now, there were others who could help defend if she lost control. But mostly, Edwin wanted to give Auryon a chance.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

It's unsettling to know how little separates each of us from another life altogether.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore