The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:41 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Adamina didn't trust Auryon still, but she was a little desperate to know what was in the book. At least she and Edwin still had an escape route.

"Laurel," she said, making her voice and expression friendly. "Is this your symbol?" She turned the book to show the cover.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:46 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Laurel turned around, looking at the book curiously. "Oh. Yes. That is my symbol... I wonder why it's on a book."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:24 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden gave a small smile to Auryon, before turning to the book Mina was holding out
"...maybe it's to open the book?" he replied to Laurel's question, though his tone made it sound more sincere than sarcastic.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:46 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Laurel raised an eyebrow at Raiden. "Well, that's what I figured. I meant more why as in why my marking with theirs. Since I don't know any of you guys at all, apart from my brother."

81 Reviews

Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:52 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"My question exactly," replied Adamina, a little dryly. "But I believe this book may hold the key to our escape, so if you would . . ." She held out the tome for Laurel to touch, though she wasn't going to let her hold it.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:49 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Auryon leans against the wall, grimacing slightly. The burns really do hurt - there's just not much she knows how to do for them. But jumping through the fire like that...damn Apophis, knowing how to get to her like that.

There's a soft laugh at the back of her mind. Oh, you have no idea.

Why can't you just let me die?

Because that wouldn't be any fun, would it? Malice fills the demon's voice. Besides, I'm still finding you useful...and amusing.

Why me, huh? There were so many other people you could've chosen from. The masked woman slips to the ground, still stoic despite the pain it causes her. So many years as an assassin taught her to hide her weakness well.

You know exactly why, sweetheart. Don't pretend you don't.

She doesn't answer.

Because you left her there, that's why. Because you wanted vengeance so badly. Because you were willing to die just to see that revenge realized.

Enough.

No, it was more than that though...it was because of your dark little secret.

Shut up.

Because you like it. You love the blood on your fingers, the fear in the eyes of your prey, the muffled scream.

Be quiet!

But you know what you love most of all? You love the realization that they're dying. You love the visceral terror you bring them.

"Be quiet!" she snaps, this time out loud on accident. It's fairly evident she's not talking to the other people in the room, because she's not actually looking at them as she says this, but it's a little hard to tell.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;

he/him/his

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:12 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden looks toward Auryon, startled
"J-jeez, I barely just breathed in," he says hesitantly, oblivious to the internal argument going on in her head.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:36 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She looks up. "Did I say that out loud?"

A snicker. Are you so sure you aren't crazy?

"Sorry..." she tries to push Apophis' voice out of her head, to no avail. "I wasn't talking to you."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:22 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes turned and gave her a concerned look.

"It's Apophis, isn't it?" he asked, momentarily prying his attention away from the mysterious book. He couldn't contribute much to that situation at the moment. Though he was a different type of demon than Apophis was, he hoped he could still help. "Don't believe what she says, Auryon. She's trying to upset you. She doesn't care about you, right? So she has no reason to say things that would be helpful."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:46 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James watched, silently keeping at attention and remaining ready to take action when needed. His eyes flickered over to Auryon curiously, but his interests were torn between the troubled woman and the book his that had his sister's marking on it.

Laurel jumped at Auryon's outburst, her hand pulling back from the book momentarily, before she hesitantly reached out for the book again, and set it down.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:35 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She looks up at Maahes, laughing; it's a little unnerving. "It wouldn't bother me if it weren't true, friend."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:00 pm
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
@soundofmind so did Laurel touch the book or no? Sorry, I couldn't tell with your last post.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:55 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
oh!!! aaa she did,yes!! sory!!

81 Reviews

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:34 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Something clicked inside the book, and then Adamina was able to lift the cover. There was no flash of light, or explosion, but that was quite all right with her. She noticed a pen on attached to the book, initially hidden from view.

She turned to the first page. It was blank.

Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
— Chinese proverb