z

Young Writers Society

The Baron

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:35 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

Your country is being threatened by the mysterious Baron. He steals money, bans the practicing of magic and anyone who tries to oppose him is never seen again. You have signed up for a quest to defeat him, but you will have to travel through the realm of Tersa, filled with evil goblins, pits of fire, vengeful demons and many more horrors. Are you up for it?
Spoiler! :
RULES
No sex or anything explicit. Only mild swearing allowed. PG only.
No racism or anti-religion.
No controlling other characters.
You can only include up to two of your characters in the quest. If you have someone extra you would like to insert, try and put them in as a supporting character.

Please put your character description in this format:
Name:
Personality:
Powers:

Spoiler! :
Name: Ebony Lisa Fairbank
Appearance: Long black plait, olive skin, pink peaked cap, leather jacket, white top, blue denim jeans and white trainers.
Personality: Confident, very protective of her friends, loyal and feisty.
Powers: She is a shapeshifter.
Likes: Cake, messing about with Scarlet and calling her brother names.
Dislikes: People messing with her friends, her brothers and evil people.

Spoiler! :
Name: Scarlet Hart
Appearance: Long tangled red curls, a blue skirt with a white flower pattern, navy blue tights, a leather jacket to match Ebony's, piercing blue eyes, black boots and a green T-shirt.
Personality: Feisty, a bit snarky, slightly jealous, a prankster.
Powers: She is an air elementalist
Likes: Loud rock music, annoying her mum, and watching films.
Dislikes: Annoying teenagers, snooty people and marshmallows.

Enjoy!!
Mmm, teatime. I fancy reviews and chips.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Queen Danni of Awesomeland x

104 Reviews

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:40 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

Scarlet turned to her fellow questers. She took a deep breath. "Um, okay, hi, thank you for signing up for this quest. It may be difficult and dangerous, and I can't promise we will come out alive or uninjured. If you want to back out, do it now, as this will be your last chance. We understand that we must liberate our people from this Baron whatever the risk, because that's what heroes do. My-" she faltered, and Ebony gave her a reassuring thumbs up. "-my brother was taken by the Baron's men last week, and I am sure some of you have had family members taken as well. If they are still alive, we must rescue them, and if not, we must avenge them." She bit her lip. Joe couldn't be dead. He couldn't be. "Let me introduce myself. My name is Scarlet Hart, and I am a water elementalist. This is my best friend Ebony Fairbank, a shapeshifter. Please introdce yourself and your powers so we can gauge the strength of our expedition." She gave a sigh of relief. That had been the hardest speech she'd ever done. Scarlet hated to think about what might have happened to Joe, but she had to try - for him and for everyone else in Garcine.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:03 pm
View Likes
BookishBrook says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Tom Smith (Or at least that's the name he introduces himself by...)
Appearance: A young man who has seen much difficulty in his time. He has many scars crisscrossing his face but other than that he would appear to be very plainly clothed and altogether unremarkable. He wears a simple jacket and trousers, both dyed the same forest green.
Personality: Confident and can be quite over demanding. He likes to make a show of himself. Has a soft spot for fellow adventurer Ebony as they are both childhood friends. He left the home aged nine and only returned last year so everyone is warey of his presence. He, however never seems to notice.
Powers: He can bake a good cake? (He isn't yet aware of the full extent of his powers.) However, he is a very fast runner.)
Likes: Showing off. Mucking around with his friends. Anything that makes him seem like a better person.
Dislikes: Anything that slightly resembles a spider.
"I have written you down and you will live forever"
-Bastille

"We are infinite as the universe we hold inside."
-Sleeping At Last

9 Reviews

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:10 pm
BookishBrook says...

Tom Smith steps forward from the crowd.
"Here, Here! Well said Scarlet!" He flashes a beaming smile at Ebony. "I can't wait to head out on this brave quest! Let's finish off that horrible piece of work that is the Baron once and for all."
-Bastille

-Sleeping At Last

104 Reviews

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

"Thanks, Tom." Ebony returns his smile. "I'm glad you came."
Last edited by Danni88 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:44 am
View Likes
wordwing says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Hypnos
Appearance: He has very thin arms and the rest of his body is thin, brown hair almost reaching his shoulders and green eyes occupying his eyeholes. Wears a red tunic and black-orange leggins
Personality: He's an introvert. He likes hanging out with people but not too much and likes to keep a bit of distance sometimes. Has minor trust issues due to bad memories of people teasing him. Meeting new people for him is difficult and draining. He is like a battery. After being with other people, he needs some time alone to recharge. He needs some time to get comfortable around certain people, but when he does, he can talk just fine.
Likes: magic, interesting creatures, nice people, books, combinations of black and orange, blue, red
Dislikes: toxic masculinity, people full of themselves, people showing off, any kind of physical sport, teasing, stereotypes
Powers: earth elementalist

Time to go, he decided.
He reveals his figure, waving awkwardly.
"Um, hello!"

104 Reviews

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:27 am
Danni88 says...

((Yay an elementalist))
"Hello!" Scarlet smiles. " Wow, we have more people here than I expected. What's your name?"

17 Reviews

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:38 am
wordwing says...

"Hypnos," he offered her his hand to shake.

104 Reviews

Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:58 pm
Danni88 says...

She accepts. "Nice to meet you, Hypnos."
Ebony nods to him. "Hello!"

17 Reviews

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:02 pm
wordwing says...

Ok, they seem nice...
He nods back.

104 Reviews

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:45 pm
Danni88 says...

"Okay, is that everyone or are we good to go?" Scarlet asks.

104 Reviews

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:55 pm
Danni88 says...

((OK if anyone else wants to join you have two days from now. If you miss the deadline you can turn up later and we can add you in))

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:38 am
deleted221222 says...

Spoiler! :

Name: Damon Brand
Appearance: A short guy with a head full of bright red hair. Wears a black shirt, trousers, and a red jacket. Left eye is black, and his right eye is red with black sclera.
Personality: A clumsy jokester that doesn't tend to get a lot of laughs. He's pessimistic, but will always make a joke to try and lighten the mood. Always tries to forget about the demon in his eye.
Powers: Has a cursed eye that contains a demon he knows nothing about, but it can create and manipulate its own fire. Overusing the demon's power causes him to blackout.
Likes: Hanging with friends, joking around, candy, and animals.
Dislikes: The demon in his eye, and the thought of it going out of control.

"Ah, wait!" a boy calls out from within the crowd. He trips over someone's foot, stumbling to the ground. Everyone parts way, revealing the boy on the ground as he jerks both his head and his hand up. "I'll volunteer as tribute!"

9 Reviews

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:13 am
BookishBrook says...

Tom scoffs. "Look at him, he's tiny. The baron will simply step on him and that'll be it over."
-Bastille

-Sleeping At Last

9 Reviews

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:19 am
BookishBrook says...

And then Tom spots the red eye of his fellow traveler and suddenly he is quiet. There's something powerful in there and Tom doesn't have the bravery to mess with it. A shadow crosses his face. Tom thinks dark thoughts of this short clumsy possible companion.
-Bastille

-Sleeping At Last

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie