Young Writers Society

The Sea

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

The waves crash on the edge of a large two-masted ship. Oarsmen struggle against the water as the captain steers the mighty vessel. You are far from civilization, in the middle of the great oceans - perhaps you were found as a straggler off a sunken vessel or maybe you came to get passage to somewhere else. Maybe you're even a stowaway, hidden beneath deck.

This boat goes through rivers and oceans in all times, places, and worlds. It goes through rifts and appears on the other side unscathed where it picks up passengers, allies, soldiers, sailors, or adventurers and takes them with it. This is The Leviathan.

A young woman with sea-blue eyes and long, black hair tied up in a floppy red ribbon sits in the crow's nest, spyglass in hand. She wears quite panache clothing, with a maroon doublet and brown pants, complete with knee-high black boots. A rapier is at her hip and her outfit is completed with a leather sailor's hat with a bright green feather tucked in it, a long, fluffly one like from an ostrich - if ostriches were iridescent green.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:31 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The man glanced over the side of the mighty ship, only to glance away moments later. The sight of the waves splashing against the hull of the vessel made him incredibly uncomfortable. He was not meant to be so close to the water of his own free accord. And yet he was, despite it going against every bit of common sense he had. He could take on another form and try to fly, but he was far too weak from the last battle he had faced. He glanced at the wound at his side after lifting up his long coat. A strange gelatinous thing was there in place of normal flesh and blood. He placed the coat back down and went back to anxiously observing the sea.

And he couldn't go. Not yet. He needed to see if anyone here knew more about the "man" he had sworn to kill, and if they could provide any useful weapons that could kill him in a single strike.

Spoiler! :
This is Maahes. I don't have a character profile up for him yet, but I should in the near future. I'll add a link to it to this post when I do. Maahes is the normal size for a human. He has dark skin, a long and thick scarlet braid that goes past his waist and dark brown eyes. He's currently wearing a long coat and tall boots. I think he would be a relatively new presence on the ship?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@FalconryGirl9086?
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Land ho!" she cries, swinging like a monkey down the ropes to the ground, passing Maahes as the crew gets into action, untying ropes and swinging masts.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:16 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Relief flooded him when he saw land on the horizon. Land of any kind would be a blessing, and he eagerly anticipated the chance to get off the water. I might be able to get more information where we're going, he thought.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:04 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Grinning, she leans on the mast, blue eyes twinkling as the wind whips at her hair.

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:01 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
I'll be sure to join when the weekend comes! (If I can.)
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He made his way over to the young woman, carefully avoiding anywhere especially close to the water and any of the crew members. "Do you know what place that is?" he questioned, hoping that she had some semblance of an answer. If he recognized the name, it could mean that they had a Stargate he could use.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:59 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She shakes her head. "Nope, sorry. New to me as it is to you. Unless you've been there before. Then it's newer to me than to you," she rambles.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
You could definitely join, @Lael!

"I don't think I have," he said. Even if it was new territory, there was still a high possibility of there being a Stargate nearby. The Ancients had traveled across the galaxy. Surely they had come here.
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:41 am
View Likes
Lael says...

A small, slight young woman with long, brown hair stands at the railing, letting the wind whip through her ponytail. Although she had ridden on ships before, this time it felt much different. However, she couldn't tell whether it was because of the feeling of relief over a long, heavy burden lifted from her shoulders or because she felt as though she almost lacked a purpose now.

She heard a man begin to speak to the captain of the ship, but she decided to only quietly listen to their conversation for now. She wasn't here to make friends, only to get a much-needed break.

Spoiler! :
This is Rin, who has a very complicated/complex background. I'll see if I can put up a profile sometime, though much of her character will probably be revealed through the RP.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:58 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"You want to come out to explore?" she inquires.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He nodded. "I do," he replied, only to realize later how selfish the request sounded. "If there's anything I could help out with when we go to shore, please tell me. I don't want to burden you."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:01 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Sounds like a plan!" she grins. "I'll go get the rest of the team."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:54 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

It would be interesting to see what was on shore. She turned away from the edge of the ship and came to stand beside the man. She gave him a small nod, but didn't initiate a conversation.

okay I think I need to grab some nachos
— BluesClues