Young Writers Society

The Sea

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:21 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Giving Ciannet one last smile, he looked back at the others. They still needed to catch up, but that could wait until later - for now, he needed to sate the curiosity of those who had so eagerly helped him.

"Ciannet is the last person to summon me," he explained. "It's kind of hard to explain, but I need someone to give me a charge for me to take a form in this realm. I thought that I lost her when Kek destroyed our village."

"I thought that I lost you, too," she quietly added from behind him. When he glanced back at her, he saw that she had pushed her hood back. Her black hair was shorter than it had been five years ago, but that wasn't surprising. She had always been one for change.

"When we were planning on overthrowing the 'god' who oppressed her people, I started to teach her some of the things I was skilled at," Maahes said, his smile just a bit prideful. "Since I've been around for awhile, I have some pretty strong talents. Knives are one of them."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:25 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Summon? What was Maahes, exactly?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:42 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kixig had tried to follow them, but was briefly distracted by a street vendor yelling at him about bacon. As soon as he looked back, the group was gone. He looked left and right, a bit confused, and stopped a moment to pick up their smell. But all his nose was selectively smelling was the meat.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:25 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Kellach guessed a "while" meant longer than just a few years. There was absolutely no one here who couldn't easily kill him, was there? He felt relieved that he wanted to be friends, and so did they.

"So, what now?" he asked. "If anyone wants to talk, this probably isn't the place to do it." Kellach pointed up through the shadows, but then he froze. His eyes caught the faint of impression of someone else peering over a roof.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Noticing how Kellach suddenly seemed to be distracted by something, he looked around their surroundings. Annie, appearing to pick up on the same thing, began to also search for what the cause could be. His gaze eventually landed on one of the nearby roofs. It looked like there was a person there, but it was difficult to make out anything else.

Also, where was Kixig?
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:49 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

While Kilian was occupied, staring at the figure on the roof, Rin began to glance around for Kixig. It had been a while since he had spoken, and sure enough, he wasn't there at all. She began to feel a bit concerned for him.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:48 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes didn't know how long they had until the figure on the roof moved away, so he decided to kill two birds with one stone - temporarily relieve himself of the ache that accompanied being away from the Other Place, and discover the intentions of their watcher.

It had been awhile since he had an opportunity to adopt a new guise. He did so with pleasure. His form shifted into one of a bird - he chose a red-tailed hawk, his personal favorite - and landed on the roof beside the person. He reverted the guise he had been using on the ground. Pushing a strand of scarlet hair out of his face, he was surprised to discover the identity of their watcher.

"Oh," he said. "Hi, Tasha."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:11 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kixig finally managed to pull his senses from the smell of meat and slowly dragged himself to find his new found and also lost (by himself) friends. Or acquaintances. One or the other, he wasn't quite sure, but either would suit him just fine.

He finally caught a whiff of what he thought to be Maahes in the air, and he in that direction. It turned out, they hadn't gone ridiculously far. He saw Maahes standing on the roof next to... what he was pretty sure was Tasha. On the ground he saw the woman Maahes had been looking for, along with Kellach and Rin.

"Oh! There you guys are! You found her!"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:29 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@FalconerGal9086, do you want to post next?
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:33 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Sure

Tasha drops to the ground off the rooftop, landing behind the woman so that there really is no escape for her. She doesn't draw any weapons, however.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes quickly shifted into the guise of the red-tailed hawk, flying down to the ground beside Ciannet. She looked thoroughly amused when he returned to the guise the others knew him by. It was only when a feather floated down to the ground that he realized there were some loose ones in his hair. He sheepishly pulled them out.

"So now what?" she asked, looking at the faces of the other people in the alleyway.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:27 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kixig looked at the woman with confusion. "Are you asking what to do?" Why was she asking that? He didn't know.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

She nodded. "You all seem to know each other better than I do, and I'm guessing Maahes has been traveling with you. What were you supposed to do after catching up to me?"
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:41 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"Well, we were really just looking for a place to just sit around and . . . discuss our lives," replied Rin.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:03 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"We could do it in the street!" Kixig suggested.

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights