Young Writers Society

The Sea

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I'm fine," he reassured her. It stung a bit as he applied the bandages, but, other than that, it wasn't particularly painful. "It's, um, supposed to look like that when I get cut." Or, in this case, jabbed by a Jaffa's staff.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:06 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Care to explain?" asked Kilian, casually drumming his fingers on the tabletop. Rin shot him a look, but he merely shrugged at her. If they were all going to have a confession session, Maahes shouldn't be the only one there who kept his secrets to himself.

On the other hand, he eyed the one-eyed, orange-haired stranger who had used Maahes' strange abrasion to approach the group.

Rin also looked at her. "Hello, I'm Rin. And you are?"
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:19 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Tasha Hunter," she replies with a respectful nod, though her hand rests cautiously on the pommel of her blade in a relaxed yet wary fashion. Now that she's drawn attention to herself, one of them might notice that she has a peculiar insignia on her gray jacket - a sun with a silhouetted wolf's (or dog's?) head.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:22 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Though happy that he couldn't see the injury anymore, Kellach still felt curious about its meaning. At the same time, the newcomer also caught his attention. She had the insignia of a wolf on her jacket, but she certainly didn't look like anybody from the country that came to mind. Kellach had the feeling that she wasn't from his world either, which didn't surprise him much at this point. He nodded respectfully in her direction. "Nice to meet you. The name's Kellach." Then he turned to Maahes and said, "I don't think that bandage will do you much good. Won't it get infected, or something like that?"
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"If you're worried about that I have some herbs," Tasha offers, against her better judgement.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"It won't get infected," he promised. "I, um, not human. The person I appear to be isn't my actual appearance. It's similar to an illusion, but you would feel this form if you tried touching me. My injury can't get infected because it's not technically there."

He smiled at Tasha. "But thanks for the offer."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:16 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Yeah, no problem," she says, struggling to understand what he means by illusion.

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:58 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Care to explain, Maahes?" repeated Kilian with a slight, unreadable smile. Rin wanted to ask him "Don't you have some explaining to do as well?" for Maahes' sake, but she was also curious about the non-human and besides, she knew Kilian actually hated talking about himself.

Well, he'd already committed himself to it, so it'd come out now or later.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:42 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"You haven't explained anything," Kellach said, scowling at Kilian's imperceptible smile (it was too cold and pompous for his tastes). He looked back to Maahes to avoid Kilian's stare. "But, I have to ask - what's with you? I haven't heard of anyone like you, and the only thing I know that made "illusions" wasn't all that friendly."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:25 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kixig simply stared, his head turning to each new person that spoke, as new, strange information was being shared. He didn’t understand much about Maahes, but he was happy to hear that he would be okay - or so he said, anyway.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:22 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"It's...complicated," Maahes started. When he saw the looks on the other people's faces, he knew that his last attempt at avoiding the conversation was a failure. He let out a sigh. "My full name is Maahes of Egypt, and I'm something called a spirit. We've also been called demons, but no one likes to be called something so hateful."

He sat down in his seat. Folding his hands and placing them on the table, he leaned forward. "Spirits are brought from our home - the Other Place - through summoning rituals. When we're here, we're bound by something called a charge. The summoning and the charge lets our bodies take some semblance of a physical form, but we can change it on different levels called planes. For example, the man you see in this chair is my form on the first through third plane, but my 'actual' form is on the fourth through seventh."

"I've been around longer than any of you have." He thought for a moment. "Or, at least, that's what I'm assuming. I've seen the rise and fall of countless civilizations. It would take too long for me to explain my entire past, so I'll just skim over the basics. I was summoned by a parasitic alien named Ra who controlled a civilization by pretending to be a god. They saw me as his son. He's dead now. I traveled Earth for countless centuries after a group of rebels who had summoned me were killed. I was eventually summoned by their descendants. They were killed by their 'god' Kek, who learned of their growing rebellion."

He looked over at Rin and Kixig. "That woman I saw was one of them."

Then he looked back at the others. "I was supposedly the only member of their town that survived. I've spent the past few years planning my revenge. I got this wound when I was fighting one of his slaves."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:45 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"So you're... not going to be okay?" Kixig asked, his face expressing just as much confusion as he felt.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I'm as okay as I'll ever be in this world," he answered. "Spirits were never meant to be contained into a single form. Even now, my 'body' aches. But I've been dealing with it for so long that I've grown used to it."
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:14 pm
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
Kilian never did any illusions in front of the other RP characters.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I think @TheSilverFox was talking about Maahes, @Lael! He mentioned that his ability to change his form was like an illusion in one of the last few posts.
mage

queer and here.

mashed potatoes are v a l i d
— Liminality