Young Writers Society

The Sea

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He looked over at her. Though it was difficult, he directed his attention away from the water beating against the side of the ship and tried to start up a conversation with the woman who was now standing beside him. "Hello," he said.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:42 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"Hello," she replied.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:55 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kixig stared wide eyed at the big ship that just pulled up to shore, and adjusted the sack on his back, its strap hanging over his shoulder. With child-like eagerness, the young ogre ran out to meet the people he saw walking onto the beach.

He ran up to them with awe and wonder dominating his features. "Woah! Where did you guys come from?" He asked, his pointed green ears perking up a little more than they did naturally.

Spoiler! :
MEET MY LIL OGRE FRIEND (I need to make a character profile for him soon but time). He's about the size of a fully grown human adult, and he's an earthy green, covered in small scales, with rough, hard skin. His irises are black, so I would say he has black eyes, but not like, all the way black, you know. He's got long point ears that stick straight out, and he doesn't have like, any hair. Just scales and skin. He's wearing loose brown pants rolled up above the knee and a leather vest with a little crest on the string holding it together. He doesn't wear shoes. He's got big two-toed feet, but he has five fingers and stuff. He's cool and nice and be kind to him, he's hopelessly naive
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:06 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Rin, Maahes!" Jay calls. "Yer with me!"

The woman leaps off the bow of the ship, landing nimbly on the beach and trotting up it, grinning as she spots what appears to be a native of some sort, reminiscent of an ogre.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:41 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

She nimbly jumped off the ship, glad that she'd worn pants instead of a skirt - she'd gotten used to wearing them anyways, on missions.

She turned and waited for the man - Maahes, she supposed - to come down. He seemed cautious about the water, though.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:25 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Taking a deep breath that he technically did not need, Maahes made his way off of the ship. The sight of the water so close to him made him feel sick. A being of fire and earth was not meant to be so near it. Once he finally disembarked, relief flooded him. If he could find a Stargate here, he wouldn't have to relieve that traumatic experience.

Just as he was finally recovering from his brief time on the ship, he noticed what appeared to be an ogre. The sight greatly startled him, though he shouldn't have been so alarmed after the things that he had seen on his travels. A quick check of the planes proved that the ogre was actually what he seemed to be.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:48 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Oi!" Jay cries in greeting to the ogre-beast. "Hello there!"

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:55 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

She turned to study the creature who had just approached the captain. She had never seen such a person - for that must be what he was - in the entire continent of Ardal. She walked a little closer, though not as close as the captain.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:26 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:33 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kixig smiled eagerly when one of them gave a friendly reply. He approached her. "Oh! Yes! Hi! Hello there! Are you visitors from afar?"

Spoiler! :
AAA SORRY, guys, I forgot to subscribe to this!

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:35 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She laughs. "We are indeed! I am Captain Jay of the Leviathan, and this is Rin and Maahes."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:44 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kixig nodded, smiling widely at each of them, revealing point teeth and large canines. "I'm Kixig! It's amazing to meet all of you! Are you travelers? Adventurers?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:19 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Both," she replies with a panache bow. "We travel the seas of many a world where we find quite the adventures."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:06 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"And what about you?" asked Rin, addressing Kixig. Though she didn't bow, she met his eyes kindly.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:02 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kixig adjusted the strap of the sack on his back and stood up straight, with a proud look in his eye. "I want to be - I mean, uh, I am an adventurer! Just started though uh... so like, your ship? Do you like... need any other adventurers to help?"

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn