z

Young Writers Society

The Ruins

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:31 am
Mageheart says...

Why couldn't I be a human? he wondered, nonexistent heart heavy. He had wandered this realm of existence for so long that it had become more of a home than his actual home was, and he knew that no one could ever truly relate to what he had been through. If only I had been born as a normal human. I could have been friends with Jackie, and I would have never left him. We could have joined the SGC together. Explored the galaxy. Ended up on Kartiel and befriend Annie, even though she would be years younger than us.

He quickly glanced at Rowan, only to go back to looking at his bag. Then he wouldn't have been here in this situation. She didn't like humans. That much was evident. While he did appear to be human, she didn't seem to have a problem with it. But being the epitome of everything she hated hurt more than he thought it would; if only he was just a human! Then he could prove to her that not everyone was bad. Now all he could do was keep on lying. If he revealed what he really was, she would hate him the moment he uttered his true identity.

Because even though he doubted the demons of this world were the same as the ones the Ancients had summoned, they were still demons. And no matter how hard he tried, he would never be accepted for it.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:58 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She leans back against a tree, subconsciously running a finger over the scar that runs the length of her face, lost in thought. Her mind is on hunting and on these creatures - what are they after? What are they? How dangerous are they? Does she need to turn the tables on them? What about the burned ruins, what is the importance of that place?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:17 pm
Mageheart says...

He sighed. It was quieter than most sighs, but it was one all of the same. Thinking about the things he couldn't change left him with a heavy, unshakable feeling. It wasn't the first time he had that train of thought. It certainly wouldn't be the last. But no matter how many times he thought in that way, it always hurt.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She closes her eyes, evens her breaths, calms her mind. There's a songbird singing in the trees - poor lonely beast, holding hope that perhaps there's one out there to join him for this season. His song is sweet and high and it harmonizes with the low undertones of the trees' murmurs in the wind.

The wind pushes her higher, and she soars, up and up into the great blue sky. Below she sees the overgrown place that once housed hundreds - now it's home only to the wildlife. A movement catches her eye. She turns, only to see a few foxes disappearing into the trees. She jerks forward, ready to dive, then remembers what her job is; searching, not hunting.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:53 pm
Mageheart says...

Hearing the song of the young bird, he got to his feet. He took a moment to adjust the strap of his bag. He had always been the type to talk to animals. Whether it was the ones of Earth or the creatures of other worlds, he was always drawn to them. The reason had never been more clear to him than it was now. They were just as much of outsiders as him, though it was never expressed between the two parties.

He slowly walked over to the tree the songbird was in. "Hello, little guy," he gently greeted it, giving it a smile. He wondered if it could see past his guise on the first few planes. He held out a hand. He didn't make a move to touch it; rather, it was the offer of a perch.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:51 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Hello, little guy." Maahes' words resound in their ears and she turns, spying the man from her soar. He was speaking to a songbird.

Rowan abruptly jerks out of her reverie, starting slightly before turning to observe the bird and Maahes.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:18 am
Mageheart says...

The bird tilted its little head and chirped. It was undeniably adorable, and he hoped that it would choose to accept his offer. It chirped again and jumped to the part of the branch that was right in front of his hand. His nonexistent heart soared when it chose to perch on his hand. It continued to sing its beautiful song, though it would occasionally look over at him.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:38 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He wasn't human. He couldn't be. Not with a bird behaving like that...right? Her eyes widen and she stares at him and the small avian - not rakhen indeed. Whatever he was, he was unlike any humanoid she'd met until now. He wasn't heartless. He wasn't putting up an act.

She stands and quietly comes up behind him, green eyes observing the bird quietly; she's never seen such a beast behave this way for any being but her. Beautiful beast, truly. "Alyar, miin," she murmurs softly to the bird.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:40 pm
Mageheart says...

He slowly looked over at her after she spoke, curious but wishing to not startle his newfound friend. There was the childish temptation to ignore Rowan because of their disagreement. But, after so many years of being alive, he knew he had to act more mature than that.

"What does that mean?" he questioned.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:10 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"'Greetings, beast-friend.'"

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:30 pm
Mageheart says...

He looked back at the young bird. Chirping once more, it hopped a little further down his arm. "That's a cute nickname," he said, a smile gracing his lips. "I usually call animals 'buddy' or something like that, but I don't put much thought into it. I just say whatever comes to me."

Spoiler! :
Basically me with our cats.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:11 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Me with pretty much every animal I run into lol, I usually call them "little dude" or something like that XD

She shrugs. "Elvish is a unique tongue."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:36 pm
Mageheart says...

"Do you spend much time with animals?" he asked, curious. She seemed quite comfortable around the little bird. He doubted someone would be so interested if they rarely interacted.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:51 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I was raised by wolves in the woods, friend, I've never known life without them."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:10 pm
Mageheart says...

"Oh. Yeah." He suddenly felt incredibly sheepish. "I should have thought of that."
mage

queer and here.

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson