z

Young Writers Society

The Witch's Hut

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:00 pm
Mageheart says...

There's a seemingly little cafe in the middle of a bustling city. Once you step foot inside, though, it's far larger. It has a warm, homey feeling. Spell books and cheap yet wonderful paperback novels line the walls in homemade shelves. There are a variety of places to sit in, including beanbags, tables, and hammocks. The meals and drinks are absolutely magical, in both the literal and metaphorical sense - the owner of the cafe is a very cheerful witch named Carol who excels in potions and the culinary arts. There are several alcoholic drinks available, but you have to show proper identification to prove your age.

All of the staff are outside of society's definitions of normal. For the most part, the guests are as well. There are a few exceptions, but those guests often are accompanied by those who are special.

This cafe is called The Witch's Hut, and it can be accessed from anywhere in the world if you know the right spell.

Spoiler! :
Hello there! I'm saentiel. I'd just like to pop in quickly and leave a brief message. If you feel like you need to include the action of another character in your post, that's alright. Just be prepared to either get a PM or a message in a spoiler from their owner if they're acting out of character. If you're not alright with having people determine what your character says or do, please let everyone know. Also, please feel free to have as many characters in this as you want. Have fun!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:09 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Mira's information is here, so please check it out if you need some clarification on anything about her! I'd be happy to answer any questions you have as well.

A car slowed to a stop at the end of the block. A teenage girl who couldn't have been older than sixteen climbed out of the backseat. After reminding her to be careful for one last time, her parents drove off. She readjusted her backpack's straps as she faced the sidewalk ahead of her. She walked as if she knew exactly where she was going, though she was relying on a Tumblr post as her only instructions.

But it was from a blog that always posted correct information on magical matters, so she trusted them. It only took her several minutes to arrive at her destination. The cafe looked rather small and unassuming, but the moment she opened the doors, she knew that she had come to the right place.

It was gigantic and full of people. She grinned and made her way over to the counter. Sweets and baked goods lined pristine shelves in glass cases. After waiting in line for only a few seconds, she reached the counter. "Can I please have one of the danishes and a cup of chamomile tea?"

The woman there, who had a pair of sharp incisors, smiled at her and nodded. Mira quickly paid for her meal and waited for it to be ready.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:13 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Hey! You said to mention it if you didn't want others playing your character, and I'm fine with minor actions, I just ask that any dialogue or major acts aren't mentioned. Thanks! :D

Also, for anyone who can sense magic auras, etc: Cornyx is a demon, son of Lucifer.

A young man, around 19, wearing a gray vest and slacks and a black tie slips into line behind the girl. Shoulder-length onyx hair frames a slim face that reflects his lanky figure and deep, ebon eyes. There's a small scar on his cheek that is almost unnoticeable against almost unnaturally pale skin.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:17 pm
Mageheart says...

She turned around when she heard someone walk up behind her. She hadn't seen the boy before; she wondered if he was a sorcerer like her. "Hi," she said. "I'm Mira. Have you been here before?"
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:18 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He shakes his head. "N-no. I'm Cornyx, Cornyx B-Blackthorne. It's a pleasure to meet you, miss."

he/him/his

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:58 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

A girl of twenty or so casually walked through the doorway of the building, invited by the warm glow of the yellow lights. She continued to don a heavy cyan jacket, despite the temperature, but she did take off her winter hat, letting her pale yellow hair fall down her back.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:37 pm
Mageheart says...

"It's nice to meet you too," she replied with a smile.

She could barely contain her excitement about being here - she had dreamed of coming ever since she had seen that post about it. It was everything that she had hoped for! She could learn so many things from the other magic wielders here. Maybe even Cornyx was like here, though she knew he could also be something other than human.

Her blue ones met his. "If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you? I'm a sorcerer, and this is my first time here. I'm just really excited about possibly meeting other people like me."
mage

queer and here.

176 Reviews

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:15 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

"Wow, this is a strange cafe? I read on the ad that it was special, but I don't exactly see anything out of the ordinary, not to be rude."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:34 am
Mageheart says...

Mira turned upon hearing the woman speak up. The comment surprised her; this cafe was beyond ordinary. This was the first time that she had ever been to a place that was a magical hub. Did that mean that the woman had been to locations that she could only dream of? And if she heard about it in the paper, didn't that mean that magic was more acceptable from wherever she was from?

The thought filled Mira with excitement. Imagine what type of things I could learn there!

"Hi," Mira said with a smile and a wave. "I'm Mira, and this is Cornyx. We're talking about what we are. I'm a sorcerer, though I've only been one for a couple of years. What are you, if you're okay with me asking about that? Also, what's your name?"
mage

queer and here.

176 Reviews

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:48 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

"Hello. I'm Skyla, and I'm a journalist," Skyla says, smiling warmly.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:05 pm
Mageheart says...

Journalist? Mira wondered. Why someone be here if they were normal? Maybe Skyla was trying to get a good scoop on this place? But that didn't make much sense either - she said that she had seen something about it in the newspaper. Did that mean that the place Skyla was from was a magical place and that Skyla was one of its everyday citizens? The thought filled Mira with excitement.

But that still didn't answer her question regarding Cornyx. She looked over at him and asked, "So what are you?"
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:35 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@FalconryGirl9086, could you please reply to this soon? Sorry for bugging you, but I don't want this to die out.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:41 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

((SORRY I thought I'd subscribed and I didn't lol))

"I, uh...a d-d-demon, actually," he admits.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:49 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Don't worry about it! I was guessing something like that had happened.

Mira's eyes lit up. "That's so cool!" she hurriedly said in a single breath. She had so many questions to ask him, but what if they were rude? Before she got a chance to decide if they were or weren't, her order was ready. She took it from the vampire behind the counter and waited beside Cornyx. Maybe they could sit down together after he got his food?
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:51 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

((If I don't respond within two or three days then you can safely assume I forgot or didn't notice or something, feel free to tag me :D))

He gets his own meal, just a coffee and sandwich. "M-mind if I sit with you?" He asks.

he/him/his

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven - and very, very few persons.
— James Thurber