z

Young Writers Society

"Burn in Hell"

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:36 pm
zaminami says...

"Burn in Hell"

That's what the demon says to you right before you sell your soul to him and he reads it to be evil. That's what the people say to you that you steal, kill, or do a felony against. That's what your own mother says to you as you are kicked out of your own home.

Now you are stuck a a strange asylum, put there by that said demon with no memories about why you have been put there or why the demon took your soul. Your cell is the only safe place, and once you leave, you can never go back.

The hallways are filled with your biggest nightmares and the howls of tortured "guests" in the torture room below you. The spirits that haunt the boiler room and the kitchen aren't exactly the most nice and charitable. There are demons that patrol the hallways to find prisoners that have escaped to take them to the torture room and laugh at their wails. And in the throne room lies Satan himself, the overlord. Your quest is to get your soul back, which will lead you out of here and figure out why you were in in the first place. Be careful though: there may be such things as strength in numbers, but they can sense several bodies converged together... and you might not want to go back after you do find out exactly why you're there...

Please read the rules below before proceeding. This will keep the forum happy and clean and minimize the amount of fights. --

Spoiler! :
RULES:

1. Swearing is allowed. All swearing.
  2. NO EXPLICIT ROMANCE AND/OR SEX! Let's keep it PG excepting swearing please.
  3. You may not control the asylum, the scares, the demons, or Satan. That is my and any moderator's job. I will explain mods in a second.
  4. Only me and mods are able to put twists in, unless you PM me asking for permission.
  5. To become a mod, you need to be extremely active on here, like it, and PM me when you think you're ready to become one. I will quiz you to make sure, so be prepared.
  6. No sex jokes, other than the occasional "that's what she said."
  7. Dont be sexist, racist, anti-LGBTQ+, and/or anti-{name religion} unless you PM me and I allow your CHARACTER to be.
  8. Put all comments that are not your character's in either a spoiler or "(( ))."
  9. Fights are resolved by me or any mods.
  10. You MUST start in a cell. No exceptions.
  11. If you violate these rules, you will get three warnings than you will not be able to play anymore.
  12. Have fun!

Character description: please provide one:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender-- Female, Male, or otherwise:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Three Worst Fears:[/b]
[b]Why Demon Targeted Them:[/b]

ALLLLRIGHTY THEN!

Kara

KARA woke up, dazed, inside of the cell. Where the hell am I? she wondered. Then she remembered. She gave her soul away to a nice ink demon because he asked her for it. Why'd she do it, again? She didn't remember, but didn't care. She just knew that she had gotten there and she wanted to get out.

Inspecting the room, all she found was a lumpy mattress and a very small, cold bowl of soup that she drank happily. Standing up, KARA felt a bit whoozy. She collapsed on her bed, nearly asleep. They drugged it, was her last thought before she passed out.

--

KARA woke up again, and this time in the same room with no soup. Why did they drug her? She wondered. She held her hand to her head and felt a little bump. Feeling it for a moment, she shook it off, thinking that she must have hit her head. Continuing to inspect the room, she head a scratching noise.

Scritch scratch. Scritch scratch.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:58 am
SirenCymbaline says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Adrid Lith

Appearance: Tall. Brown skin, black hair messily cut short. Long, pointy face. Pointed ears. Pale yellow eyes always engaged in a glare, or dormant in a weary gaze.
Found wearing a white headscarf, and a sleeveless black shirt with a big ugly bloodstain on the chest. Underneath are loose white pants, and short leather boots.

Personality:
Jumpy and suspicious. Angry and afraid. Desperate, and dangerous.

Don't let her come to think of you as a companion. She might get attached and start following you around.

Dislikes: She is annoyed by cowardice, and frivolity. She also doesn't like it when people point out her hypocritical tendencies.

Three Worst Fears: Adrid is afraid of magic, so lucky her, she'll probably be afraid of most everything here. But it's magic involving blood that really gets to her.
In the world she came from, there was a type of blood magic that could freeze or boil blood, and she still has a crippling fear of that.

She's also afraid of scorpions, and sandstorms.

Why The Demon Targeted Them:
She was once a soldier, a stoic upholder of the law. In a world that feared and hated witches, she was far from ahead of her times.

She sold her soul to a demon, in exchange for inhuman strength. With the demon's power she slew many of the witch rebels, and their leader, before she was cut down in the end. If she could remember any of that, she'd likely be glad of those victories.
Not that they'd do her any good now.

Adrid rose from silent and restless dreams, summoned by the clang of metal and the hiss of fire, sounds that seemed to come from under the floor and above her head.

She had woken in a cell, small and badly lit, with something that could be called a mattress, and a bowl in the corner.

Adrid frowned tightly, squinting at the floor. She was not supposed to be here.
She thought hard, trying to think about how she ended up in this cell, until she realised that she didn't remember where she was supposed to be instead.

Adrid kept her breathing calm and steady, and tried to determine what was real.
She was wearing a headscarf, and there was sand on her boots. So she was probably from a desert land. She was wearing a soldier's chestplate, which had a great ugly dent in the front. She ran a finger across it, and felt the line where the dent became a cavity.

Her skin prickling with goosebumps, she unbuckled the sides of the chestplate and took off the back piece, and then the front.
She dropped it in horror, letting it clatter on the floor, when she saw that her shirt was torn, and there was a bloodstain all over the chest.
Over her heart, the unbroken skin was covered with dried and flaking blood from a wound that wasn't there.

For what felt like an age she sat frozen, feeling the hard and heavy beating of her intact heart. She felt fear expand sharply in her tight ribcage, threatening to crack it open.

When the shock wore off, she felt confused, and cross.

She was stuck in a prison god knows where for god knows what, and she couldn't shake the feeling that she was needed for something very important somewhere far away.
Being unable to remember anything about it only irritated her further.

She decided then that whoever she met first would have some explaining to do.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

364 Reviews

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:02 pm
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
That moment when you realize you forgot to put in the character template for your own lol

Name: Kara Raina Stevens
Appearance: Asymmetrical short red hair, white skin, green flannel, brown eyes. Freckles, not super bad looking.
Personality: Intelligent; rude
Dislikes: Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows @Saruka
Three Worst Fears: Dolls; being touched; small spaces
Why Demon Targeted Them: After a severe accident involving the song "Sunshine Lollipops" and a prank, Kara would have died very painfully if she hadn't sold her soul to the demon.

She heard a clatter. What the hell?

She opened the unlocked door of her cell - why is it unlocked? - and made her way towards the cell on the other side where the clattering came from.

59 Reviews

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:35 am
SirenCymbaline says...

A short red-headed child was standing outside the cell door.

'You don't look like a guard. How did you get out there, little one?' said Adrid.

364 Reviews

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:42 pm
zaminami says...

"Little? I'm not little!"

59 Reviews

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:15 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

Adrid shrugged. 'If you say so.'

364 Reviews

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:37 pm
zaminami says...

"I am five foot four for your information!" Kara huffed. "And who the hell are you? Daenarys from Game of Thrones?"

59 Reviews

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:55 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

''Adrid Lith.'' She got up and stuck her hand out through the bars for a handshake, squinting curiously. 'Is this 'Game of Thrones' the mythology of your people?''

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:56 pm
View Likes
ellasnotebook says...

Spoiler! :
Is it still ok for me to join?
Name: Orion Sawyer (Goes by Sawyer, at all times, period.
Gender-- Female, Male, or otherwise: Male
Appearance: Sawyer is tall, slim, and has an overall shady vibe to him. He has a big nose, and while he's not the ugliest bloke around, he's not exactly pretty to look at, either. He has dull green eyes, and a permanent crooked grin dancing on his face. HE has a nervous tic that causes him to twitch every so often.
Personality: Sawyer, if we take away all the screwed up crap about him, is resourceful, cunning, and very caring, although you wouldn't guess it. If we add all the screwed up crap, he's nervous, a total stoner, self sustaining, and self destructing. He's also very cowardly and thinks very lowly of himself. He usually thinks of himself as the comic relief, and he's pretty playful. He has a lot of screwed up crap. He's a screw up, but needs to get some help and cut himself some slack.
Likes: Old romcoms usually starring Audrey Hepburn, his family, Chocolate cake, dogs, blondes, vulgar, but hilarious, humor that would make his granny roll in her grave
Dislikes: Himself, suicide, guns, failing his family again, the smell of hospitals, and spiders
Three Worst Fears: Killing himself, disappointing his family, his younger brother hating him
Why Demon Targeted Them: When the demon found Sawyer, he had been on the verge of committing suicide, but found that he couldn't do it. He'd come back from rehab again. He sold his soul in exchange for his younger brother getting all the money he needed to go to college.

Sawyer woke up to the sound of some idiots blabbing their mouths while he was trying to sleep. He rolled over, his head pounding like he'd been hit over the head with a brick. Jesus... he flipped over, clenching his eyes shut, This has gotta be the worst hangover I've ever had. He groaned. The voices still hadn't stopped.
"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, would you guys shut up! I have a killer hangover-" He stopped mid-sentence, still clutching his pounding temple. This was the point when he realized he'd been clean for a month. He lurched out of the bed, and, gracefully, flopped onto the floor like a swan having a seizure. He had some very select words for the floor. This was when he noticed he was not, in fact, in his bedroom, but trapped in a very small, gray cell. Automatically assuming he was in prison, he had a few more interesting statements not worth repeating.
"What the hell's goin' on here?" he yelled, still flopping around on the floor like a dead fish, "I've been clean for a month! I didn't do it, you lousy bunch'a'-Hey! Answer me you douchebags!" Actually, he didn't know what he did do, as he found he couldn't remember anything. He just remembered a very dark figure, and shaking someone's hand. A pit of unease began to take root in his stomach. What did I agree to?
"Hey! Anyone! Anyone else there?"

364 Reviews

Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:17 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
jap!

"No? It's a book," Kara says. "I don't know what you're talking about. Everyone knows Game of Thrones."

Kara hears some shouts. "HELLO?! WHO ARE YOU?"

59 Reviews

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:23 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

Shouts came through the left cell wall. She couldn't see the person they belonged to, but he seemed to be right next to her.

'Over here. You don't need to yell.' Adrid said with tired calm, rubbing her forehead.

364 Reviews

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:34 pm
zaminami says...

Kara wants to argue but doesn’t.

59 Reviews

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:39 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

She then turned over to the girl, squinting suspiciously.

'And you, how did you get out there? Why haven't I seen a single guard in this place? Something is very wrong here.'

364 Reviews

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:41 pm
zaminami says...

“I have no idea. I don’t remember anything. But yes, I agree. There is something very wrong. For example, what type of prison is made of obsidian?”

59 Reviews

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:49 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

'A prison made by an eccentric who doesn't know how brittle obsidian is. But that doesn't explain how you broke out.'

I don't think so alliyah, but don't quote me on that.
— TheBlueCat