Young Writers Society

The Three Dragon Inn

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:46 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo's perked up at the mention of dragons, and looked over to the man with curiosity. "Dragon's blood?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:25 am
View Likes
SacredPen says...

Sacred looks at the man with a confident smile as he casually explains, "My wife is a Sundragon; she's a horrific sadist and an even moreso masochist, and loves to spike every food item in the house with her blood, which is invisible in liquids, but smells powerfully like vinegar because of its acidity. Luckily for me, it acts as an automatic purifier, which lets me keep poison out of my system and stuff like that, but...it also buffs my alcohol tolerance, and makes me part dragon the more I consume, hence..." he gestures to his back and face, chuckling.
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Zogin stared at Sacred, a look of wonder in her dark green eyes as he finished speaking. She had never met someone even remotely involved with a dragon before; dragons were only myths from where they came from. Soul watched him with a similar wonder, though his focus seemed to be more on the fact that part of Sacred had just become a dragon.

Zogin opened her mouth to ask Sacred about dragons in general, but Soul beat her to speaking. "So that type of magic is possible?" he questioned, looking closely at the scales. "You can turn one living thing into another type of living thing?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:09 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Chris stares, but knows he probably shouldn't say anything- even though he looks so, he's not human.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:50 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo raised his eyebrows and nodded with a mildly impressed expression, awaiting the answer to Soul's question.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:04 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Spoiler! :
Hi! I'm so sorry for the very late reply. I'm back!

"Huh. The Den," Finn said under his breath, ducking the low ceiling of the tunnel as he followed Thuki into the depths of the tunnel. Before too long he felt a crook in his back from bending for so long, but it didn't bother him as much as discovering what lay ahead.

24 Reviews

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:18 am
View Likes
SacredPen says...

Sacred blushes as he answers, scratching the back of his head nervously,

"Well, I mean...no, not exactly. The consumption of my wife's blood makes me part dragon because of an infusion spell that I use constantly to ensure that I don't die of any sort of poisoned blood. I can temporarily merge the DNA in blood cells I consume with my own to become that thing, or an amalgamate of it with some of its features. Luckily for me, that only occurs whenever DNA must be replaced, so it happens whenever I cauterize wounds or heal them with conventional medicine. Be glad the base of my spine wasn't injured, or I'd have a tail and wings right about now!" he chuckles, righting himself in his seat.
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:42 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She pushes open a door that leads into a bustling tavern. Humans, halflings, and gnomes of all shapes, sizes, ages, and genders are working at almost any activity possible. Drinking, brawling, gambling, bartering, cheating, stealing, boasting, bluffing, observing, serving, sweeping, and arm wrestling all dominate the room as the lair of outlaws has its fun.

"Ja, y'all! Quiet, quiet! Get me t'e Cat, I got us a new 'un!" she yells. "Introduce yourself, Finn," she tells him in a hushed voice as the cacophony silences.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:33 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

"Woah," Finn says as they walk in, and it takes just a moment for his eyes to adjust to the glamour of the room. Dark, dingy, and full of dirty creatures, but glamorous all the same. Automatically he straightens and becomes his clever, smirky self. Taking a step to be even with Thuki, Finn meets the gaze of the crowd of thieves and speaks in a gravelly voice.

"I'm Finnegan. Finnegan Eld."
Last edited by clarevelyn13 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:10 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo addresses Sacred, gesturing towards him with an open hand. "So this merging of DNA blood cells... you can do that just for yourself? Or is that like, a kind of magic you can use on other people?"

24 Reviews

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:39 am
View Likes
SacredPen says...

"Well, I can technically do whatever I want, but I choose not to, because it's cheating. As for the DNA thing specifically, it's an infusion spell that I manipulated the ruleset of, so I can do it to other people, but I probably won't ever have to, and thus probably won't," he explains, gesturing this way and that.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:45 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo stroked his chin thoughtfully at Sacred's response. "Hmmm." He hums. "Hmmmmm." He hums again, before sitting up straight and nodding.

"Very interesting, sir. Haven't heard of magic like that til today but it's good to know stuff like that is out there."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:43 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Oh," Soul concluded, disappointed. "So you need DNA in order to make it work. It doesn't have anything to do with souls?" Even though Sacred had already answered his question, he asked it once again. He desperately wished that the man had just forgotten to add in something about souls.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:44 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"You haven't seen nothing yet," Chris mumbles to himself, just loudly enough that Bo could hear him.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:26 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Finnegan Eld," a voice echoes back to him. "We heard about your little performance yesterday. Thuki seems satisfied so that is in your favor, but how about you show us that catch?" His voice is smooth and purring as he stands, a tall, lithe man with short brown hair and startling blue eyes.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

You wake up in the morning and it feels impossible? Good. You do it anyway.
— Martin Scorcese