z

Young Writers Society

Here There Be Monsters

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:28 pm
Featherstone says...

From seedy taverns to monsters, this party of adventurers - that's right, it's you - has seen everything from goblins to djinn to evil wizards. Everyone has their place and you all know one another (so please include personality/backstory/what the others would know when you describe your character) as you have been a party for many years after meeting each other for a job to kill some dark fae.

Now, you're facing the biggest challenge than ever before: it will take you overseas, underground, through the forests and swamps and mountains. What do you seek? What will you find? How will you succeed - or will you?

Thana

Spoiler! :
She has short black hair, dark tan skin, golden-amber eyes, and a tattoo on her face, curving around her eye. It's in the form of a symbol of a gryphon. Her right ear has three small burnished hoops in the cartilage and two more in her earlobe. She has a longbow slung across her back and is the archer/ranger of the party. Her familiar/mount is a gryphon (martial eagle/jaguar). She's brave and loyal, a fighter, but also has a good sense of humor and has hope, though she sees the dark side of everything, too.

She left the rest of her party at the inn where they were staying as she heads out to get her gryphon, Quetzalcoatl. The sun is high overhead as she wipes the sweat off her brow; it's hot out. She gets a few odd looks from passerby - she's out of place with her tattoos and piercings.

Shaking it off, Thana slips outside the gates and utters a screech, an imitation of an eagle's call. Her voice carries far and then there is an answering call as Quetz dives out of the sky, landing in front of her mistress with a churr.

"Hey Quetz," she greets and strokes the beast.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:57 pm
CurseofK4 says...

Starbird (Screee)
Spoiler! :
Starbird has dark hair and blue eyes, he appears tone of eleven heritage, but the group he is with has since discovered that that is not the case, he still refuses to talk about his past or about his 'sister' who he wields as a sword. His blade is a massive black greatsword with white runes on it. The few times he has been disarmed in combat a female form has been created around the sword, seeking to destroy Starbird and his companions (that's all you guys, she has been defeated each time, and Starbird has retrieved the sword from her. Other than that, he's the fighter of the party, and the sword seems to move of its own free will to block incoming attacks for himself and others.

Starbird looked around the inn, "I guess this'll be the last time I see this place, might make a good place to retire to if I make it." He waved goodbye to the innkeeper and went up to his room, he grabbed all his belongings: a cloak of bluish-white feathers that could apparently stop blades, a backup sword he used whenever he fought the lady in his sword, a set of fifteen throwing daggers which he wasn't quite skilled with, and a locked box about six inches by six inches by six inches with no visible keyhole or loch mechanism, he had only opened it once before, and that was when the party had just slain a dragon. The group had inquired about the box before, and he had told them that he would reveal all if they could open the box. Needless to say, even after all these years the box remains unsolved, and he lets everyone who wants to have a crack at it each night.

He walked back downstairs, leaving a large sum of gold on the counter for the innkeeper, and walked outside where he had hid his boots, they let him go at around the speed of a horse, and we're a lot cheaper to maintain, he had picked them up a few years back using his share of one of their hauls.
"'What are pancakes?' You've never experienced the wondrously wonderful wonders of pancakes?!"

-Sacred

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:08 am
Featherstone says...

The black jaguar/martial eagle gryphon roused contentedly, happy at her ranger's touch.

"Can I ride?" Thana softly asks in her native tongue. Quetzalcoatl bows her head and her rider swings onto her back. The beast shifts under her, spreading her wings as she leaps to the air.

Thana lets out a whoop as the circle higher. "You see Starbird?"

Quetzal shifts and twists into a dive in response, flying straight for Starbird.

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:45 pm
zaminami says...

ANNA mounts her beautiful Night Dragon, THYROS, and THYROS flies into the sky with the grace of an eagle. ANNA calls the rest of her dragon "flock"- called a ROAR OF DRAGONS- and they fly besides her, telling each other what to fly and how to fly and the winds and if they changed or not. She really needed to get away from the party; they were too rowdy for her.

Spoiler! :
Name: ANNA BIHUDR

Species: Amphiptare-human mix

Appearance, going from top to bottom: Short, dark brown hair that physically can't grow beyond her shoulders with down and eagle feathers growing underneath. Has it all braided to look like the feathers and down were intentional. Also has beads in her hair to make her look more savage. She is beautiful. Has black dragon eyes and scaled eyebrows, as well as red lips hiding fangs and a forked tongue. Looks almost Asian. Her ears are feathered as well.

Wears steel armor with flowing, bright clothes over the top of them. Her feet are like a birds' and her hands are like a dragons', with black scales. She goes barefoot. She also has feathered dragon wings and is extremely muscular.

Familiar/mounts: A roar of dragons, otherwise known as a dragon flock. She has a dozen dragons, each their own different color and species:

• Purple Night Dragon, THYROS
  • Teal Sea Dragon, POSEIDON
  • Light blue Sky Dragon, FYLCON
  • Black Dark Dragon, SATINA
  • Rainbow-colored Flower Dragon, POINSETTA
  • Tan Savannah Dragon, LEONI
  • White Ice Dragon, PYLER
  • Brown Mountain Dragon, YETI
  • Green Plains Dragon, FLOW
  • Dark Green Tree Dragon, OAK
  • Red and orange Fire Dragon, FLAMYRE
  • Golden Enchanted Dragon - the last one in existence - DYOLA

Personality: She is brave, feisty, intelligent, crafty, determined, patient, and full of justice for her dead brother, full of perserverence, and loves to push her bounderies. Unfortunately, she is also rude and isn't exactly charitable, willing to switch sides if it means saving her life. Also really dislikes loud noises and is extremely badass.

Backstory: Born in a civil war, ANNA was put to work as soon as she could fighting and nursing. She has fond memories of her brother, but unfortunately he got killed in battle when she was 13. In the light of this, she ran away to another country and collapsed at the border, where THYROS found her. THYROS took care of her until they became best friends. Soon they started to go on quests, where ANNA discovered the other dragons and took them under her and THYROS'S care. They formed a famous dragon roar that became famous and imfamous around the galaxies. They fought many things, such as evil fae, dragons, minotaurs, and other creatures. Fighting the dark fae is just another day in her book, except it was years. ANNA is pretty annoyed by her party at this point, mostly because she considers them not badass and serious enough.

Reason for joining the party: She always looks for a new challenge and hopes to get more money and maybe another dragon to join her group. I mean, everyone wants more money or something in some way. She is also suspicious that the dark fae, who were on the opposing side of hers in the war, might be the ones that killed her brother...

((Blows up page))
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:49 pm
Featherstone says...

She can see the large roar of dragons congregating above her - Anna's, she knows - but doesn't have time to stop and look as Quetz spirals towards the earth with all the speed of a falcon. The wind whips at her hair and she lets out a whoop of excitement as the bird-beast breaks its descent and lands with a soft sound of thrill.

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:53 pm
zaminami says...

ANNA sighs and hears the whoop. THANA? She wondered. Probably.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:55 pm
Featherstone says...

"HEY ANNA," Thana yells up. "YOU SEEN STARBIRD?"

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:57 pm
zaminami says...

ANNA whips her head around, her eyes burning into THANA. ANNA brings her hands to her mouth and shouts, "NOPE! HAVEN'T SEEN 'EM! WHY?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:00 pm
Featherstone says...

"JUST FIGURED WE SHOULD BE HEADING OUT SOON," Thana hollers. "KEEP AN EYE OUT FROM UP THERE, QUETZ AND I WILL LOOK AROUND DOWN HERE."

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:03 pm
zaminami says...

"Why should I help you?" ANNA mutters. She looks around anyways, and sees a figure silhouetted against the moon.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:07 pm
Featherstone says...

She hops off of Quetzalcoatl and starts back towards the inn.

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:32 pm
zaminami says...

"I SEE SOMETHING!" ANNA suddenly shouts, scaring OAK.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:34 pm
Featherstone says...

"STARBIRD?" Thana roars back.

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:38 pm
zaminami says...

"I GUESS SO! BUT IT LOOKS LIKE HE OR SHE IS.... FiGHTING SOMETHING?" ANNA guesses.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:41 pm
Featherstone says...

"WELL GO GET HIM," Thana calls. "YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS. TELL HIM THAT WE'VE GOT TO GO."

Spoiler! :
@CurseofK4, you're up

he/him/his

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith