Young Writers Society

Hell in a Handbasket

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Sounds too cliche for the whole truth, but yeah. Hell, most of us here aren't full human, and then there's Lochy and god knows what else out here. Why do you think I told you not to go in the woods alone? Wolves?"
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:40 pm
Mageheart says...

"I guessed that something was going on," he quietly said, sheepishly staring down at the floor. "I thought that maybe it was wolves, but I wasn't oblivious to the way that the people here are acting."

He looked up. "You're not going to tell anyone outside of this town about this, right? There's, um, certain groups out there that might be a little worried about an 'alien' here. And if they find my ship..." He didn't like the thought of it. If they so much as suspected that he was a Goa'uld, they wouldn't believe a single word he said - no matter what their meaning was.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:29 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"No, the same way we don't tell tourists that werewolves are gonna get them if they're stupid," she answers. "There's a lot of people who don't like our kind. Where are you from, then, if not Earth?"

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:40 am
Mageheart says...

He sighed in relief. If he didn't need to worry about that, he was fine with telling her. He doubted she had anything to do with the Goa'uld. If she did, he would just have to revise his plan for revenge. It would be difficult, but he could make it work. "I'm from a place called the Other Place." He paused. "That's what it translates to in English, anyways. I'm kind of an alien, but not really. I'm from another dimension. I haven't been there much - I've actually spent the majority of my life here on Earth. It's only recently that I've been traveling the galaxy."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:13 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Huh, trippy. What's your real reason for coming here, then? Not Lochy I hope."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:21 pm
Mageheart says...

"I need to get some supplies to fix my ship," he admitted. He avoided mentioned the reason why it had been damaged in the first place - he had been outmaneuvering a Goa'uld ship - but the explanation didn't really need that information to make sense. "I was planning on swinging by a hardware and a tech store if I could find one. It's not the same type of technology, but it shouldn't be too difficult to rig together."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Out here you're unlikely to get the supplies you need, but I can drive you into the city if you want."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:00 pm
Mageheart says...

"I'd really appreciate it," he said with a smile. A thought suddenly hit him and, after a small moment of hesitation, he asked, "Are you alright with me changing my form? It's something that my kind can do, and it hurts to stay in one guise for too long."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:04 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Sure, just don't turn into something my animals will eat," she shrugs, heading outside towards the car. "Before we go we need to feed Lochy, though."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 pm
Mageheart says...

"Alright."

He thought for a moment; what guise did he want to use? He rarely had a chance to exercise this much freedom with his appearance. The one he eventually settled was one that he used almost as frequently as his current one. His black hair grew into a thick scarlet braid, and his figure became more slim. He adopted a different outfit than he usually wore with this guise. A black t-shirt and jeans, paired with a pair of leather boots, was more fitting for this town than what The Scarlet Lord would wear.

"Oh!" he suddenly exclaimed as he rushed after her. "I almost forgot. You can call me Maahes. Leo's just the last alias I used here."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:40 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She nods, opening the garage and flipping up a chest freezer. "Great. Maahes, get the hindquarters there, I'll get the forelegs." She gestures to the chopped deer bits and grabs the forequarters.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:28 am
Mageheart says...

He grabbed the hindquarters. He didn't flinch at the thought of a dead deer; after being around for so long, the sight of death ceased to shock him. It was only when it happened to sentient beings that it hurt. But this deer was not one of those types of creatures, and he had no hesitation when he followed her.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:09 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

They get in the truck and head down to the lake. Upon reaching it, Rowan takes the deer out and gestures for Maahes to do the same. She strides down the dock and takes out a pink tennis ball that she throws into the middle of the water. Almost instantly, a massive loch ness monster leaps up out of it like a dolphin before swimming over to Rowan, who pets it.

"You hungry, big boy?" she asks, tearing a leg off the hindquarters.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:21 pm
Mageheart says...

While he should have been terrified at the sight of the loch ness monster that had suddenly leapt out of the water and was now lovingly being pet by Rowan, his response was a large smile and a twinkle to his eyes. To think that something like this had been on Earth all along! He reveled in meeting creatures that were "abnormal", and this was no exception.

"Can I pet him?" he eagerly asked Rowan.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:35 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Sure, just be gentle. He generally doesn't bite so long as you're nice." Rowan tosses him the leg and he catches it mid-air, gulping it down in a bird-like manner.

he/him/his

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100