z

Young Writers Society

The Grangor

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:06 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Well, that sounds ominous, eh?" said Tavis, raising an eyebrow as he stared at Mark and Agrona. The corner of his mouth quirked up. "Well, it's your world. If dragons are my only option, then I'll take it . . . even if I have to die trying."

Seung shivered a bit. "It's as good of a plan as any." He still found it hard to believe that dragons did exist somewhere, but at the same time, it was a thrilling realization.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:06 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James only nodded, and looked over to Tasha, waiting for her reply.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:58 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
JUST REALIZED THIS RP HAS BEEN GOING FOR A YEARRRRR LOLOLOOL bless ya'll

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:11 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Fine," she says. "Fine, fine, fine, we can go find a f****ing dragon," she says. "But I swear to the gods if we all die I'm going to kill you."
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:15 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James hid an amused smile. "Well, we can worry about finding the dragon after Seung gets better." He looked at the boy. "It looks like you've caught something. How are feeling after last night?"

81 Reviews

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Seung replied, "Sick." He gave a small smile as he sniffed. "But I'll be okay. Thanks for asking, Mark."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:04 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Well, if you think you're well enough to travel, then we really ought to. And if... if you're sticking with me until we find a dragon, whatever the chances may be, I believe you deserve some frankness..." James stood up, brushing himself off.

"I want to get you back to your home, wherever that may be. But here, in my world, I am not well liked, and people may come after me with ill intent. You, by association, could be targeted. So we'll have to stay out of the way of towns. We'll have to keep moving."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:49 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
As promised over on Discord, here's Maahes! Like with The Rift (Reboot), I'm not going to link his character profile because he's younger in this. This is when he's serving a false god named Ra; he has been summoned by him for the past few decades and Maahes is slowly breaking down on the inside because of it. This Maahes tends to act distant and just a little edgy at first, but will be genuinely surprised when someone treats him with kindness.

His current guise is a man in his late twenties. His hair and eyes are the same shade of dark brown, and he has dark skin. His clothes are simple. They have hints of Ancient Egyptian style, but consist of a tunic, pants and sandals. He also is wearing a large cloak with an also large hood. All of his clothes are dark.

The man remained in the shadow of the trees, shaking off the snow that clung to his cloak when it proved necessary. It was impossible to recall how exactly he had arrived to this forest. He faintly remembered leaving the Ha'tak when arriving on the planet that had just been conquered; he had been ordered to investigate the civilizations currently there so his master could determine how to control them.

Even more faintly than the previous memory, he recalled reaching several of the small camps that the people had set up. They had Alteran in the blood. That was for certain - none of the Tau'ri had ever been brought to that planet, by Ra or anyone else. He had followed the orders to an extent, just as he usually did. He adopted the persona of a traveler who had just come through the Chapp'ai. None had questioned his arrival, though he suspected they had realized he was linked to the Goa'uld.

But no matter how hard he tried to remember, he couldn't recall how he had ended up in this strange forest. The weather was hot, yet snow clung to the ground as if there had just been some sort of winter storm. He didn't like the absurdity of the situation in the slightest.

He came to a stop at the bottom of a cliff face, peering up at the top to no avail. He was certain that there were people there. There had to be. He could smell a fire, and hear faint discussion. So he found a suitable rock to sit on, lit a Detonation to melt the snow, and sat down on the rock once the surface was uncovered and dry. Pulling up his hood to conceal his face even more, he waited inside the shadow of the cliff.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:07 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Tavis shrugged and remarked, "That's quite typical a day for me. No problem."

"Okay," said Seung in a small voice. He coughed.

Both were wondering if he was an outlaw, though Tavis also considered the fact that Mark could be in a similar situation as Rin, Tavis' queen and the leader of the Cynbellian rebels. Maybe not the royalty part, but of being innocent but framed or targeted by the enemy and being forced to live in hiding.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:11 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

“Alright... then let’s move out. We can start on foot. Seung, if you get tired or don’t feel well enough to walk, let me know, and you can ride my horse,” he instructed as he got up, and started packing his blanket on the back of his horse’s saddle.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:47 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The sound of people was beginning to grow louder. Whoever was in the cave at the top of the cliff had evidently decided to leave. He continued to sit where he was. He needed to observe them to determine who he was dealing with. If he was dealing with one of Ra's enemies - or, to a lesser extent, one of his own - he needed to be prepared. Waiting in the shadows was perhaps the best way to observe whatever possible foe he was about to encounter.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:32 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Tasha saddles up her own horse and strokes it on the neck, murmuring in some foreign tongue. Her dog sits at the entrance of the cave and suddenly stands with a snarl. She smells something.

"What's up, Bane?" she says, approaching her canine. The creature barks, hackles raised.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:27 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James slowly approached Tasha, with his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"Something out there?" He asked.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:23 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She nods and her eyes turn deep amber as she sniffs the air. “It almost smells human...but not quite. Not from here, that’s for certain...foreign. That’s the word.” Her fingers hover over the hilt of her sword.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:01 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James sighs. "Another person from another world...?"

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn