z

Young Writers Society

The Grangor

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:32 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Seung," he replied. With his name, slight accent, and different appearance, he wondered if they found him strange.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:13 pm
soundofmind says...

"Mark," James replied, gesturing to himself. "How'd you get out here in the middle of a storm?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

81 Reviews

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:12 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Seung couldn't suppress an involuntary shudder as the memory of cold white everywhere around him entered his mind again. "I--I don't know."

He glanced at the woman and the other man, desperate to change the subject. "What are your names?" He sneezed, then blushed in embarrassment, though he told himself it was the heat of the fire.

"Tavis," said the man with a small, sympathetic smile. "Good to see that you're all right."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:14 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Agrona," she says.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:10 am
soundofmind says...

"So...where are you from, Seung?" James asked, curious because of the man's accent, and worried because the fellow couldn't remember how he got here. He really hoped his story wasn't the same as the others'. He was already at a loss for how to help them.

81 Reviews

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:30 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Seung sniffed, hoping his nose wouldn't start running too badly. "Well," he started, pausing to think. "I know my ancestors were from this place called Korea. But I was born in what used to be the United States of America, and I live in--the West."

Seung immediately questioned whether he should have said so much. He could be so naïve at times. He cast a furtive glance at his audience.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:35 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Oh, joy, yet another straggler," Tasha murmurs. "Looks like another one of us got lost on the wrong world. We're going to have a full squad pretty soon."
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:51 am
soundofmind says...

James let out a long sigh as he leaned forward and held the bridge of his nose. “What she means to say, is that you’re not in a world where this America exists. Somehow, you’ve found your way to my world, which has none of those places.”

81 Reviews

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:59 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"I-I'm sorry? It is common knowledge that Korea and the United States do not exist anymore. Everything was covered in snow."

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:13 am
soundofmind says...

“So you’ve heard of The Moonlight Kingdon, The Western Isles, Lettera, the Outlands, et cetera, et cetera? Because those are the places here in this world. Never has there been a Korea or United States.”

81 Reviews

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:53 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"No," replied Seung slowly. He felt panic rising in him but he tried to suppress it. "But there aren't any fantasies. At least, not anymore."

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:04 pm
soundofmind says...

James looked at Seung closely, sensing the panic that he knew only made sense as a response to being told you’re a completely foreign world. He attempted to speak more gently.

“I... have no idea what you’re talking about. Fantasies?”

81 Reviews

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:35 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"People used to tell stories before the Freeze, about kingdoms and magic. But that was a long time ago. They don't do that anymore. It's just . . . science, survival, and stark reality."

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:01 am
soundofmind says...

"Well I'm sorry to break it to you, Seung, but kingdoms and magic are this reality."

81 Reviews

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:42 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Hey, maybe we should hold back on the whole 'other world' thing for now," suggested Tavis, watching Seung with concern. "He doesn't look so well."

To Seung, the cave had started feeling like it was burning up. In a small part of his mind, he wondered if fevers started this fast or if he was just overly panicked. But mostly, Mark's words kept swirling in his head, faster and faster, like the snowy winds outside. "Another reality," he whispered.

Besides, if you want perfection, write a haiku. Anything longer is bound to have some passages that don't work as well as they might.
— Philip Pullman