Young Writers Society

The World of Pokemon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri May 19, 2017 6:46 pm
Lumi says...

Welcome to the world of Pokemon!

As of the creation of this Open RP, there are seven regions in the world of Pokemon. We'll stick to those! However, your journey may begin anywhere in that seven-realmed world. Live out your Pokemon journey at your own pace! Be the trainer, breeder, coordinator you've always wanted to be! The fact is: no one's stopping you but you! Be in your journey where you wish, but remember: the peerless are called such for a reason, and with too much power you may have difficulty having fun here. Hence, I'm starting rather inadequate, and stuck at my first gym in Kanto with my partner Pokemon, Sneasel.

I can feel myself in Pewter City now!. The pewter streets are hot under my sandals, the gym walls are imposing, and there are Kakuna nesting in the nearby trees. A drop of sweat falls from my nose and into the puddle formed below from the day's anxiety.

"Hey kid," a janitor calls, locking up the gym for the day, "Brock left out the back. Said you were freakin' him out with that Sneasel on ya shoulder glarin' through the window." He laughed. "Betta luck tommorra, eh?"

(And locking into third person--) Lumi looks at the Janitor, then Wesley, his Sneasel. "I wasted another whole day here."

"Sneeze."

"It's not your fault, Wesley," I say. "I'm afraid of you getting hurt." The Janitor hands me a rag to wipe my sweat and I begin to walk back to the Pokemon center. "Perhaps what we need is a strategy..." Looking at Brock's home on the hill. "Or some recon!"
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:13 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

I stepped off the boat, taking in my first experience of the Kanto Region. I stared at the area around me, acknowledging that Cinnabar Island was a magnificent place. Nothing in all of Unova compared to what I saw before me.

I glanced down at the note. It told me now to find the boat departing for Pallet Town. I squinted and saw it also read "the boat for your ticket leaves 10 minutes after you'll have arrived", scrawled in messy print at the bottom.

My arrival had been delayed by five minutes. Realizing what that meant, I ran off to find the boat leaving for Pallet Town.

Spoiler! :
This exists and I didn't know?! *hyperventilates*

You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author