Young Writers Society

The Stranded Hotel

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:05 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

"I wouldn't be the first to escape either."

DeeDee doesn't make the first move, wisely.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:33 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Alex simply waits, not giving Hades and Perse what they want - which would be to make the first move.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:39 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

When he realized Alex and DeeDee weren't going to attack, he decided to make the first move. The consequences would be painful, but would get this battle over much sooner.

Perse seemed to come to the same conclusion. As Hades lunged at DeeDee with his darkness sword extended, Perse's vine shot towards Alex.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:32 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Alex, with agile swiftness, pulled back and dodged the vine reaching for him. Simultaneously he pulled out a long knife from inside his jacket, and made a slice at the vine.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:41 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

DeeDee grinned and disappeared in a pile of smoke. "Good luck Alex," her voice giggled.

Spoiler! :
OH PLOT TWIST
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:26 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Alex took advantage of DeeDee's sudden disappearance to pull back and send two knives flying directly at Hades and Perse. He had expected something like this from DeeDee. Though he'd played it off as an alliance, in his heart he was discerning enough to know that it was a simple relationship: he was using her, and she was using him. And he knew well enough that he was the weaker pawn, and that she would betray him eventually.

"Funny, you think that you must be the champions of justice," he muttered, with a smirk.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:33 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

While Perse, who had been expecting an attack from Alex, managed to sidestep the knife heading towards him, the still startled Hades failed to do so in time. The knife easily pierced his skin. It certainly hurt, but not enough for him to truly be distracted. The only thing weighing on his mind was DeeDee's abrupt disappearance. How could he make things right now that she was gone? He would have to put out something about her among the other gods, but he also knew how fruitless his attempts to find her would be.

So, instead, he turned his attention to the opponent that had now become his.

He removed the knife with only a slight grimace.

"We're not," Perse said. "But I think we're better people than you'll ever be."

He shot another vine in Alex's direction. Hades took the opportunity to dart forward with his sword raised in front of him.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:39 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Alex laughed, "That's funny. So does a person's moral standing determine whether they have a right to live?"

He clashed a long dagger against Hades's sword with one hand, and attempted to slice at the vine approaching him from the other side - but he missed.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:45 pm
Mageheart says...

The vine that he missed snaked around his feet and started to wrap around him. Perse gave his signature smirk. "I never said that killing you was our main priority. It's just the worst case scenario."

"We'll bring you to the police for setting off a bomb," Hades added. "And you'll be punished for your crimes that way. And, if something goes horrifically wrong, you'll face punishment in the afterlife instead."
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:50 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He immediately started to go help other hotel guests, but to her surprise and shock, her legs collapsed from under her. Unable to hold on to her human shape anymore, she could feel herself shrinking down into her true form, and she lay there, a limp nine-tailed fox coughing and wheezing weakly on the ground. She wanted to close her eyes but she knew that it wasn't wise to do so.

As she watched the others run about through bleary vision, one nearly delirious thought popped into her head: That was probably the worst fire I've ever been in. Is there such thing as gradual smoke poisoning?
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:05 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

In running around, looking for things to help Jeanine take care of others, James saw a girl transform into the fox who'd helped him get out of the fire - but she collapsed, on the ground. He stopped, and ran to her, somewhat disturbed by the multiple tails and the sudden transformation (though he'd seen equally strange, if not stranger, things), but primarily concerned that she looked to be in bad shape.

So she's... she's a girl. If he believed ghosts were real, and everything else he'd seen today was real, it wasn't a huge leap to say that a shape-shifting girl was real.

He shook her shoulders a little, and watched her eyes. It looked like she wasn't able to focus in on anything.

"Hey... stay with me. Can you talk?" Maybe it was a stupid question to ask, but he asked it anyways.

81 Reviews

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:39 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He glanced up at James and blinked slowly. She struggled to lift her head and shook it slightly. She couldn't speak human languages as a fox.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:01 am
soundofmind says...

"Ok. Can I carry you over to Jeanine?"

81 Reviews

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:17 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He blinked her consent. It wasn't like she could resist either way.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:24 am
soundofmind says...

James nodded and picked her up carefully, and found Jeanine.

"She collapsed on the ground," he explained briefly. "I know there are others, but I think this is urgent."

Writing is my soul made tangible on paper.
— bluewaterlily