Young Writers Society

The Stranded Hotel

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:29 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"At home I would, but not here," Cornyx answers. "Depending on the variety I might even be able to just tell it to get out of here, but...that all depends on what we're facing here. It may be even as powerful as I."
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:34 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James wasn't about to ask him how powerful he was, or what he even meant by 'at home.' If James learned anything it was that sometimes it's just better to ask questions later, or even, to not ask at all.

"Ah. Well..." James began, but trailed off for a moment. "Do you think the demon... or... whatever it is, might be in the hotel?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:42 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"We'll need to find it first," Jeanine says sarcastically. With a hand pressed against her side she flipped Alex off.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:46 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Yes... I would assume so..." James replied wearily, catching Alex send Jeanine a wink in the corner of his eye.

He sighed again. "I just hope nobody gets hurt in the process."

364 Reviews

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:47 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"We probably will!" Jeanine cries, openly flipping Alex off now.

((Is he hitting on me?! xD))

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:58 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Could I post next?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:59 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
@KaraStevens x') NAH he's just being a butt and messing with her, haha. He likes to send mixed messages and stuff just for the reactions.

And yeah, @Mage!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:58 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I love how James thinks that Hades knows what he's doing, @soundofmind. :P Because I can assure you that he's been internally screaming about his lack of knowledge the entire time.

"We're forgetting the reason that we're in this room," Hades pointed out when he realized that the topic of the conversation had shifted ever so slightly. He slipped his hands into his pockets of his leather jacket, though he was prepared to withdraw them quickly if the situation suddenly called for it. He took several steps forward - not so he was in front of James, but so he was much closer to Alex.

"As you can guess," he informed the suspect, "we think you're responsible for messing around with the generator - it wasn't just a tree that was cut down. According to James, you've gone to places in this hotel that you, a chef, shouldn't need to go. And, on today, you say that you're not feeling well and go up to your room, only for the power to go out."

He briefly paused before continuing, holding up two fingers as he spoke.

"Which leaves two options. You either did that on your own for your own personal motive, or you're in league with whoever took out the power outside the hotel." He gave the man a cold smile that didn't reach his eyes, and he made darkness come out of the ground. It didn't go too high, but it did add to the intimidating effect he was trying to achieve. "And, I may not be a police officer, but I do know that it will be a lot easier on you if just tell us all that we need to know."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:10 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Jeanine shakes her head. "It's the second one," she says. "He didn't for a personal motive... and the boiler room and the rooms are on separate sides of the hotel. Someone would have noticed him a) going the wrong way or b) running quickly across a room of some sort or c) walking across said room when he should be in his room. He got help, but we don't know who. I say the 'dragon demon,' which I suddenly want to give a cute name to infuriate. You know what? I'm calling the dragon demon DeeDee. No one stop me."

((Well that took quite a turn there. DeeDee is an embarrassing name though XD and it fits. DeeDee, dragon Demon. Hilarity ensues. Not really, but you get what I'm trying to do right?))

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:19 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Possession is always a possibility," Cornyx points out. He's idly flipping a black-bladed pocketknife open and closed in his hand. Anyone who can detect magical auras can tell that the item is extremely powerful and is pure shadow.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:36 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Alex listened to them hypothesize of his motives and his connections to the alleged 'crimes' with great interest and amusement, and an entertained smile on his face.

He put a hand to his chin, thoughtfully, "Wow, well I'm interested in your thought process, why you think I would do this, eh? Surely, you have your own theories. I would love to hear them."

James practically rolled his eyes into the back of his head as he rolled them so hard. "For goodness' sakes could you just answer the bloody question. Did you, or did you not intentionally damage and sabotage the backup generator?"

Alex pursed his lips and gave James a bored glance. He huffed, "You're no fun," under his breath before responding. "Yes." He gave an honest, straight forward reply for the first time since they came into his room. He had been eyeing Cornyx's knife, and the darkness emitting from Hades's feet. He knew when he was overpowered. "What, are you gonna fire me now?"

"Well I ought to. But that's for Henry to do, not me." James replied.

Alex grinned, and shifted his weight to one side, watching the others for their reactions.

Spoiler! :
I like the idea of Alex being in cahoots with "Deedee!" Haha. But there's also personal reasons mixed in ;)

364 Reviews

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:47 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

Jeanine growls and calls him a son of a female dog. "You did that for what reason? Give me a straightforward answer lest I send Her Twin at you."

((Phhh haha for what reasons? Also for Her Twin that's the one who attacked Hades))

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:57 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Alex's grin grew into an unsettling smile, and he pulled his hands out of his pockets, holding them out at his sides. "Because I wanted to. Most straightforward answer I can give you."

Spoiler! :
Idk i kinda was coming up with this idea that maybe his great grandfather was the co-founder of the hotel but ended up dying in some tragic accident on-site while it was still being built and idk u know all that revenge stuff maybe him and deedee have more havoc in store for the hotel peeps, who knows

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:49 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

His eyes sparkle with mischief. He likes this one; it is a mind easily manipulated to his own purposes. To cause trouble like this for no reason other than pleasure...why, it's more than the king of demons could have hoped for.

((Oh, @Mage! I suddenly realized that when Hades looked at his soul, he would have seen 2 souls! I'm so sorry I didn't mention it earlier, I just completely forgot :O One soul would seem to be dark/water, the other is dark/air. One is evil, the other is more neutral.))

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:34 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
I like that. Or maybe DeeDee was, coincidentally, his grandmother's name and the dragon demon tricked Alex into thinking that it was Alex's grandmother XD

Jeanine nods like she doesn't believe him. "Yeah, that's not true. I'm not stupid, you know. What wrote me off to be stupid?"

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
— Willie Nelson