Young Writers Society

The Stranded Hotel

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:18 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"Wow. Is it dangerous?"
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:36 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"As with any walls, there are...rats, but so long as one avoids those..." she shakes her head.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:50 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James let out a small sigh, doing the mental math quickly in his head. "...Twelve years, since June last month." He takes them down a hall, noting the numbers on the doors as they passed. It wasn't very far, should be just around the corner.

Spoiler! :
@FalconryGirl9086 @KaraStevens @Mage @Lael ironically, i have a character with dragon-y fire magic who could just be working under the alias "Alex," unless you guys wanna make up an npc/anyone can play them character who chopped down the tree with fire, or you have a character of your own in mind
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:26 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"Oh gosh!" Jeanine says, worried.

Spoiler! :
Maybe we can... um.... have everyone do a bad guy? And all of them worked together? I'm good at dragon characters and demon characters so I can possibly do the one who chopped down the tree... then again I did do The Woman but that one is a freelancer more like.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:43 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
Yeah!! That would be awesome!! Go for it! :)

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:29 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Sure!

"What is it?" Cornyx asks.

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:45 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"No, I'm just worried about a dragon thing."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'd love to have all of us doing a group of antagonists as well! I just have to figure out which of my characters would work the best for this. They would probably be someone that Hades knows, but I'm not sure. Also, what would the motive for the action be? We need something to band them all together.

"So you've been working here for awhile," Hades commented, his gaze shifting from James to the hallway they were walking down. Twelve years didn't feel like it was that long when he looked back on how long he had been alive, but he knew that it was an impressive amount of time to be spending at the same job.

Which was a rather interesting thing to note, now that he thought about it. The hotel was a secluded place, and he was almost completely certain that the staff lived either on the premises or very close by. It wasn't like there was a shortage of janitorial work available. Why had James chosen to work here instead of somewhere else? Was he trying to cut himself off from other people? Or did he just like the location of the job?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:15 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
I would say revenge. I've already got a drakonic character picked out mwuahaha! Let's just say I have several BatIM AUs

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:33 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I suppose we'll find out, yes?"

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:53 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"That I have." James replied simply, before stopping in front of room 53. He looked over at Hades, bouncing his brows up and down twice before turning to the door and knocking.

"Alex?" He asked, waiting for a reply on the other side of the room. But he heard nothing. "Alex?" He asked again, a little louder. "Are you ok in there?"

He stood waiting for a moment, before pressing his ear to the door and waiting some more. He didn't hear anything. Finally, he reached into his pocket, pulling out a master key.

"Alex, I'm coming in." He announced, before unlocking the door and slowly pushing the door open. As the door opened James found himself staring into a dark, unlit room. Which, of course, made sense with all the lights out, but considering the situation, felt rather eerie.

"Are you here?" He asked, before pulling out his flashlight and shining it into the room. Suddenly, popping up from behind the bed appeared Alex's face, wide-eyed and surprised. James only responded by putting a protective arm in front of Hades, and tilting his head back defensively.

"God, Alex, what are you doing on the floor?"

"Better for my back than these old mattresses." He explains, getting up and 'dusting' himself off, though there may have not been any dust to rid of.

"Why didn't you respond?" James responded with yet another question.

"Same reason the ghosts don't talk to you." He said with a shrug, though his pleasant countenance turned to something more somber.

James simply gave Alex a sharp look, his eyes briefly flickering to Hades for a second to see his response.

Spoiler! :
@Mage I wasn't sure how much to go into the conversation yet cuz I want to give hades chances to jump in and say stuff if he wants to!!! SO IMMA STOP HERE FOR NOw. I'm just kinda making this up as I go so we can see how this develops.
Last edited by soundofmind on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:22 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Thanks for giving me a chance to reply with Hades! So what exactly is Alex again? Hades can see souls, so I thought I would include something about it in my post. He knows what the souls of humans and gods look like, but doesn't know anything more specific than that.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:47 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
hmm im just gonna have him be a human but he can see and communicate with supernatural stuff like ghosts n what not, but!! He is still s baddie and a meanie

364 Reviews

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:02 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
Like Jeanine

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:25 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'm sorry for how long this post took to write! Since I couldn't think of anyone who would want to harm Hades and do things that are mentioned in this storybook - his main enemy has an entirely different plot in mind - I'll just stick with Hades for now. I think we'll be good with the antagonists everyone else has! But if I think of someone, I'll say something.

Also I may or may not have forgotten about Sarah in my previous posts so now I may or may not be coming up with an excuse for why she wasn't mentioned.

Hades looked Alex over. He wasn't sure what exactly he was expecting, but the man appeared to be relatively normal - aside from laying on the floor when they entered the room. Even his soul seemed normal. It was the type of soul that belonged to a human, unlike the souls of almost everyone else they had encountered since the power went out.

But he couldn't shake the feeling that the man was hiding something.

Hades met James' eyes, quickly looking over at Alex with a look of suspicion to show him that he thought Alex was a good lead. When the brief exchange had finished, his attention shifted back out to the hallway. He wasn't an employee at the hotel, so he wasn't sure what exactly he was supposed to do now. The most he could do at the moment was listen and try to figure out where Sarah had gone. He knew that she had gone down another hallway soon after leaving the power room, but what could she be up to now?
mage

queer and here.

We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain