z

Young Writers Society

The Stranded Hotel

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:22 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

JEANINE glares at them. "You don't realize the danger you're in. This isn't the real WOMAN. She is a fake one. I wouldn't be able to control her if she was real. So she's sending fake ones now somehow and I'm freaking out because SHE HAS A DIABOLICAL PLAN TO KILL US ALL! Sorry about attacking you. I was protecting JAMES."
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:19 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx looks towards the noise, hearing it clear as day. He recovers quickly but is still a bit distracted. "Well, it's quite cheap and a bit dark for my tastes, but it'll do the job," he smiles.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:41 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Mm."

She couldn't believe her ears.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:14 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He doesn't answer, distracted by the noise. His brow furrows as he tries to make sense of what's going on by sound only.

Raven. Raven, where are you?

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:11 am
View Likes
Lael says...

I don't like this. Li He felt unsettled by the voices from many rooms down. She felt that she should be doing something. What if someone was in danger? She had even heard some screams.

She stood abruptly. "I think I'm gonna go," she said, rushing through her words, and ran back into the hallway. She let her hearing and the scents of fear and hostility guide her towards the scene.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:36 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He sighs, setting down his coffee. "Then I will join you." He follows her, offering his arm, ever the gentleman.

Master, I am here. Why do you call?

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:42 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James had no idea how to respond. He just kneeled on the floor watching all of this happen, staring. The thing being thrown around, then the thing becoming a man, but not just any man, the one he talked to earlier. Hearing one sided conversations between the man and ghosts. Talk of ghosts, not-ghosts, the ghost of the founder of this hotel's daughter, a ghost wanting to kill them all. As the conversation continued and the man, Hades, addressed him, he finally managed to get off his knees and stand up.

"I don't know what the hell is going on. And thank you for trying to protect me... uh, miss, but I don't know if using the ghost of this 'woman' you say is coming to kill us all, even if it's a 'fake,' is... a... good idea?" He gave a strained, forced grin with brows angled upward, and before a pause for a reply could be made, cleared his throat and continued.

"And... Hades? Maybe like, don't do that again. Yeah. Ok. I'm going to turn around and check out the generator because that's my job." So he turned around and walked over to the emergency back-up generator stored in the corner of the power room and began to inspect it.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:41 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@soundofmind, I love the reactions of your characters when they're thrown into a completely new and strange situation. :P They never fail to make me smile.

Hades gave a sheepish smile, though the employee had already turned his back on them. He was completely embarrassed by the whole ordeal. He had interacted with living humans and ghosts many times before, but the results were never as catastrophic or as wild as these had been. He wished that he had brought his husband or Thana with him, but he had been sure that this little trip would be a quick and easy one.

He sighed.

He couldn't have been more wrong.

He crossed his arms and leaned up against the wall, thinking about the events that had transpired. "You didn't mess with the electricity, right?" he asked Sarah, turning to her.

She shook her head. "Nope. I came down here after the power went out to see who the culprit was. There's another ghost or two that hang out at this hotel, but both were off on the grounds when the power was knocked out."

"So," Hades concluded, nervously eying the mirror that the girl who he still didn't know the name of was holding, "unless that ghost in the mirror knocked the lights out, we're dealing with something that's very alive. And we also have the mirror ghost to worry about, but since we actually know what we're up against with her, I think our focus should be on discovering the identity of the person or people who knocked the power out."

He looked around at the occupants of the room.

"Assuming that any of you want to help, that is! I'm fine with taking care of both things on my own. Ghosts are something I'm very familiar with."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:53 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
hahah thanks, man x,D i try to make it as entertaining as possible, each in their own way of course

James had been busy inspecting the generator and trying to get it up and running, but as he inspected it, he found that not only could it not work, but it needed a part replaced that they did not have a replacement for at the hotel. His face took on that of a deeply dissatisfied grimace, as he found himself mostly disappointed in himself, for not noticing in his earlier checkup on the essential piece of equipment.

"The stator's busted." He remarks, not to anyone in particular, since he doubted anyone in the room knew the inner workings of a generator.

"But... I had checked this only a few days before the forecasted storm. And it was fine." He wasn't about to suggest sabotage, but if someone was behind it, especially a fellow employee, or one of the guests at the hotel, he wanted to get to the bottom of it. It was illegal to damage their hotel property, and if someone else could be held liable for the damage he knew he'd want to identify the person to blame. Though, with everything he'd just seen, he had no idea of knowing what kind of person (or if it was even a person) had done it.

Since he was willing to participate in solving this mystery, he decided to be more open about his knowledge of the supernatural in the hotel.

"I can't see ghosts, but I know the regulars in these walls... or, wherever they reside."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:14 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Haha, @Mage, I have a character called Thana, too XD Pretty different characters but still lol

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:17 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

JEANINE sighs. "No, this is the ghost of THE WOMAN'S twin sister. THE WOMAN is still in the mirrors. And you say that it could be my ghost?" She shakes her head. "No way. She only hates me, not anyone else." She chokes up a little, but clears her throat.

She looks at HADES. "Um, sir, I'm afraid that you can't get rid of her..."
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:32 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hades nodded. "Even though we can't get rid of her, I can hold her off for awhile. I'm a death god. I can touch ghosts and they can't go through any magic that I cast. I also can't die, so I think it'll be a pretty fair fight between me and the woman in the mirror if it comes down to it."

His focus shifted to James. He took a step over to the employee and then asked, "Do you have any idea about who might be responsible for messing with the power?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:34 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James looked at Hades pensively, still trying to process everything about this strange man who said he was a 'death god.' He supposed that, perhaps, it wasn't much of a reach from being able to see and talk to ghosts, or whatever other kind of supernatural stuff there was out there. But still, it did seem a bit... bizarre. Yet, there was no denying what he saw. If 'death god' was the explanation then he supposed that would have to do. The laws of science and human logic didn't apply. Apparently.

"Mmm, well, nothing definite. The ghosts here haven't acted up like this in a long time, and I don't know what could've triggered any of them to do poltergeist things or whatever by messing with the power. Normally, they're pretty tame. Flickering lights, sometimes things will move... or, float..." He stares out past Hades, furrowing his brows. "Ok maybe that's not normal or tame for most people but I've grown used to it. But I digress. There is one new hire who seems to be... problematic, at best? I mean, he's doing his job but, he's exhibited strange behavior. Enough to raise suspicion from me, but you can take that as is."

Spoiler! :
uhhh like, is it ok if i make this character the guy who messed with the power is that,, ok??

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:03 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:17 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He breathed in deeply, though she tried not to make it too obvious. She was rather grateful that Cornyx had decided to join her, though it forced her to be more inconspicuous about her senses.

Voices floated down as they hurried down the hall.

"I think they're in here," said Li He to Cornyx.

With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.
— Rick Riordan, The Heroes of Olympus