The Stranded Hotel

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:48 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
... i gotta b honest i have no idea what to do now hahaa i have no ideas right now
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:51 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I was thinking that Hades could run into a ghost in the power room! They wouldn't be the ghost that killed the lights. Someone else can make that ghost if they want to! Or maybe a ghost isn't the one who is responsible. >.>
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:54 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Well, it's likely Raven would be down there speaking to or looking for the ghost. I'm cool with whoever making it or whatever tho, I'm more along for the ride than anything else XP
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:44 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
Hmm... let's see if this works, then! Now I have some ideas!! hmm I hope @TheMaieuticMesmerist doesn't mind me... making the meeting happen. It's been seven pages of rp so I think it's ok haha. ALSO I REMEMBER YOU SAID THE POWER WENT OUT AND THEY DOn'T HAVE A WORKING GENERATOR so imma have james discover it isnt working soon!!

James made his way to the staff meeting and found that most everyone had finally gathered, there, each talking amongst themselves. The newest employees looked the most worried, naturally, since they'd never had to sit out a storm like this one out here before. As Henry addressed the staff he reminded them of basic safety codes, emergency procedure, and informed them on what to tell worried guests. All stuff James had heard before, but he sat through it anyway out of obligation. As the meeting came to a close, they were left with a rather warning and a "you know what to do." Although, to anyone else it might've sounded cryptic, but it was something they'd discussed individually with Henry and in groups over their history of working there. So James knew what he was talking about.

As James made his way to leave, one of the employees stopped him, grabbing him by the arm. Why can't people just say my name or something? Why the grabbing?

"Henry wants you to check on the electricity. Something about a backup generator. You've done it before sort of thing, right?"

"Hmm." James hummed in disappointment. "Yeah. Last time we lost power."

"Oh, thank god. I thought we'd have to stay in the dark until the roads get clear."

James gave pulled the ends of his mouth back and shrugged. "Don't get too hopeful."

And with that, he headed towards the power room where the generator was stored. As he approached, the light above the door began to flicker quickly, and he let out a low groan. Was this the same ghost that cut the power five years ago? He looked up at the light (the only one in the hall flickering).

"What upset you this time?" He asks with a sigh. At least he was familiar with this ghost, if only it wasn't so troublesome.

The light stops flickering, holding a steady brightness before slowly fading to black. James didn't speak lightbulb, so naturally, he had no idea what that meant.

"Cutting the power was really unnecessary. I can just help you again or whatever."

Spoiler! :
woohoo making this up on the go yeet lets goooo

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:03 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"Oh, I'm on vacation," said Li He. "My parents forced me. Said I was working too hard."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:14 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He chuckles. "What a tragedy."
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:50 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"It wasn't me," the ghost who had been leaning against the power room's doorway indignantly replied as she followed James into the room. She knew that she couldn't hear him, but deflecting the blame made her feel a little better about the situation. It wasn't even like she was trying to make the situation worse - she was trying to help! The culprit of the power cut, ghostly or not, would possibly come back to the scene of the crime. And she would be waiting right there for them, prepared to apprehend whoever it was.

But just as she went to walk over to where James was, a hand suddenly grabbed onto her arm. The feeling of actual contact alarmed her. She wasn't usually touched by the other occupants of the hotel, though she had heard stories about people who could touch ghosts. So, when she turned around to see who had grabbed her, she expected to see something.

But the one thing she had been unprepared for was seeing the Grim Reaper towering over her.

She tried to jerk her arm free of his hand, but his grip was far too strong. She tried to scream for help, but it was a scream that she doubted anyone could hear. "It's alright," the embodiment of death hurriedly whispered. "I'm not going to hurt you! I just wanted to talk to you-"

She suddenly kicked his leg. He gave a startled cry, letting go of her in his surprise. She stumbled backwards and tripped on her own two feet, heading straight towards James - who had his back turned - in the process. The Grim Reaper tried to grab onto her, but by the time he had extended his hand out, she had already gone through James.

Instead, he ended up grabbing onto James' shoulder.

The pinpricks of light in his eyes dilated, giving off a look of surprise or horror. "Oh no," he said as what had just happened set in.

Spoiler! :
In case anyone is confused, "the Grim Reaper" is actually Hades wearing his cloak again. So if James looked behind him, he would see Hades as whatever he viewed death as.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:28 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James felt a sudden chill run through his body, as if a cold wind has just passed through him. He froze in place, knowing the sensation as a familiar one he'd felt before. A ghost... just passed through me. But then, he felt a physical, tangible hand on his shoulder, and he felt his blood run cold. His heart skipped a beat - or several beats - either way, he felt as if he were frozen in time; mid-breath, mid-second. He very slowly began to turn his head toward the hand on his shoulder, hesitant, at first, to actually look with his eyes. So he kept them closed until half-way, he looked down at the hand.

"What do you want with m-" He began, but stopped once he opened his eyes. His eyes widened fully, and his gaze drifted to the face of the one behind him.

"Holy sh*t." His face went pale, and he began to turn, but it was then that his knees grew weak and he grabbed onto the wall for support.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:21 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

JEANINE ran down as she heard a ghost scream. Praying that there were no mirrors down there, she heard JAMES swear. JEANINE swore as well and decided to test something. She grabbed a mirror and stormed into the power room. She held out the mirror towards THE GRIM REAPER. "BEGONE!" She shouts as THE WOMAN is released out of the mirror. THE WOMAN wraps her hands around THE GRIM REAPER'S neck and squeezes, doing what JEANINE told her to do.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:50 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He grinned. Cornyx was quite a nice person to have a conversation with, all shady-ness aside. "Oh, it totally is. I--" She broke off as she heard a commotion in the distance. A distance probably too far for people without a fox's hearing to pick up on.

She cleared her throat and tried to pretend that she hadn't just awkwardly broken off her sentence. "So, how's that coffee?"

But she was perfectly distracted now.
Last edited by Lael on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He threw his hands onto the woman's and tried to jerk them off of him as his vision grew increasingly blurred. He had never been strangled before, but he knew that he needed to get her hands off of his throat. When realized that his attempts to break free that way were futile, he resorted to another way. He grabbed onto her wrists as tightly as he possibly could and used them to support to weight of his body.

Then he swung his legs back. He kicked her with all of the force that he could muster. Unable to withstand the sudden full physical strength of a god, the ghost went flying back towards the other side of the room. His hood fell back, revealing his actual appearance, as he started to summon up some of his magic. He couldn't harm her with it because she was a ghost, but he could at least create some sort of wall of darkness to protect himself.

He turned to look back at the other three occupants of the room; the girl and the employee from before, and the ghost girl who looked oddly familiar. "You had to know who I was," he said to the one who had set the ghost out on him. "You saw me in the hallway earlier."

And if I was a human, that would have killed me. As it was, I was only able to break free because death gods can touch ghosts.

But before the girl could reply to his comment, he heard the ghost girl say in a shocked tone, "Uncle Alexander?"

He looked back at her. To his surprise, he realized that he was recognized her as well.

The ghost was Sarah, the daughter of the original owner of the inn.

Spoiler! :
Yay for strangling! We needed some conflict.
mage

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:10 pm
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
@Mage again don't control my character

JEANINE pointed to THE GRIM REAPER again and THE WOMAN launched herself at him. "Don't let go," JEANINE said. THE WOMAN grabbed onto THE GRIM REAPER'S chest and squeezed to make a heart attack happened. Her fingernails dig into his chest hard.

JEANINE grabbed the THE GHOST GIRL, forgetting that THE GIRL was a ghost. "You are SARAH, right?" She asks. "What keeps you up here and not going to your afterlife?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@KaraStevens, I'm sorry. But you made your character attack mine. I didn't see my character defending himself as controlling your character when I wrote up my post. And I don't mean to be rude, but you're doing that with your character right now. If I was writing the post, Hades would have defended himself with the wall of darkness I mentioned in my last post (though I'm fine with what you chose to do in your post). I don't have a problem with our characters getting into a fight, but Hades needs to be able to defend himself.

"Why do you keep trying to hurt me?!" Hades managed to get out as his hands grabbed onto the ghost's wrist. Realizing that his previous attack wouldn't work again because the ghost would be prepared for it, he resolved himself to the fate of having to die.

Beside him, Sarah tugged her arm free of the girl's grasp and rushed over to right behind Hades. To his shock, she threw his arms around his stomach and pulled with as much strength she could muster. He let go of the ghostly wrist he had been grabbing and let Sarah and him go tumbling into the wall right behind him.

The two scrambled to their feet, prepared for another attack to occur. "I'm not going to tell you anything until you stop trying to kill him," Sarah informed the girl. "He hasn't done anything to harm me. I just got scared earlier because of what he looked like, and I'm sure that employee did too. And death never solves any problems! I should know - I'm a frigging ghost!"
mage

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:54 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"He's death!" JEANINE shouts. "And second, I'm trying to protect JAMES! Back off," she tells THE WOMAN.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hades breathed a sigh of relief. Now that he didn't have to worry about being attacked, he could focus on the situation on hand and figure out some sort of way to talk himself out of it. He guessed that simply saying that the cloak changed his appearance wouldn't cut it, so he decided to reveal the truth. Besides, from the look on her face, Sarah seemed very eager for why he looked exactly like he had decades ago.

He took the Artifact up and folded it up. Slipping it back into the pocket in the inside of his jacket, he turned his attention back to the other occupants of the room. "I'm not the death that you're thinking of," Hades explained, quickly glancing in Sarah's direction before he continued. "My real name is Hades. I was friends with the owner of the inn several decades ago - I was using the name Alexander Dixon then. This cloak makes me appear as whatever the viewer sees death as. And the reason that I came here was to see if I could help the ghosts of the hotel pass on. Then the power went out, and I thought coming here would help me find the culprit."

"Whoa," Sarah said when the words finally sank in. "When I used to call you old geezer, I meant it as a joke. I never thought you were actually that old."

He gave a sheepish smile in response.

Then he turned to the employee. "I'm sorry if I scared you, and I know that this must be a lot to take in right now." Apologizing to him only seemed like the right thing to do.
mage

queer and here.

Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley