Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:51 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"What?" Was she not supposed to see it? "Uh . . . Yeah."

Li He hoped that this didn't blow her cover.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:32 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
What is Li He? Nine-Tailed fox, right?

Raven cocks her head, studying Li He.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:37 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

As James re-entered the hotel through one of the stairwells, he stepped out into a hallway, flipping down the hood of his raincoat, which was soaked. Apparently, he had entered the wrong hallway, because this one was full of people (it was only wrong because there were people). They all seemed to be guests here, which, of course, was expected. They were, after all, a service.

But these all seemed to be a curious bunch, talking amongst themselves quite a lot. He would have to pass them though, on his way back to the staff meeting. He hoped that, since his raincoat was covering his employee badge, that he wouldn't be pestered with questioning had any of them seen anything strange. So he simply approached in silence, avoiding direct eye contact and giving no more than a small nod to acknowledge their presence.

Spoiler! :
feel free to pester him, otherwise i'm just gonna have to write him going about the hotel by himself which, you know ; ))) isn't as fun ; )) as interacting
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:51 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
@FalconryGirl9086 yes, she is. And they still think her name is Lily. Technically, it's her nickname, since she uses it in place of her Chinese name a lot.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:54 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He could feel herself shrinking slightly under the pair's stare.

"Is something the matter?" she asked. It was too bad that she had chosen to associate with non-humans. That is, if they suspected her.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:22 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Oh whoops, sorry!

Raven chuckles. "Kitsune." Cornyx's eyebrow arches in surprise and intrigue.

"Kitsune? How curious."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hades was grateful that the attention had finally shifted off of him with the arrival of the newcomer, Lily. Now that people were no longer focusing on him, he walked over to the mirror and stared at it. He could see a woman inside of it.

He wished he understood why she had chosen to terrorize Jeanine. What could she possibly get out of it? Just as he was about to gently place his hand on the mirror's surface, he heard someone approaching. He turned away from the mirror to see a man approaching.

The man was oddly approaching eye contact. Hades originally attributed that to how strange the group of people all looked, but his opinion changed when he saw the badge peeking out from underneath his rain coat. It looked like he was an employee, and Hades guessed that he was just as confused as the rest of them about the events that had led up to this point.

He removed his cloak, and, folding it up, slipped it into his pocket. "Excuse me," he said with a friendly tone and warm smile as he grabbed onto the man's hand. "Could I please talk to you about this hotel? I'm really interested in it."

He fumbled around in his other pocket. When he found the small photograph, he removed it and showed it to the man. The original owner of the hotel and a man that looked just like Hades - for it was him many years before - were smiling at the camera in front of the first version of the hotel.

"My great-grandfather knew the original owner," he elaborated. "So I've grown up hearing about this place. But stories can only tell so much."

Spoiler! :
I'm sorry, @KaraStevens. Someone getting confused about suddenly seeing the Grim Reaper turn into a young man seemed like the natural response, especially since your story didn't seem to have anything like that.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:15 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He sighed. So things were finally coming to this. She would hold out for as long as she could. (Though she had heard the pair talking, and was a little irritated that they called her kitsune. Li He was Chinese. The kitsune's ancestors came from China!)

"What are you talking about?" She took a step back, the mirror woman forgotten. She wondered why in the world her parents had told her to go on vacation when they knew they could all be in danger.

Spoiler! :
Don't mind Li He's techinical name thing right now. She'll probably say something later about it.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:39 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"No...almost kitsune." This seems to confuse Raven a bit. "Not quite."

Cornyx turns his attention to the newcomer. "I can't say I've been here very long, friend, but it would be my pleasure to assist you if I can," he purrs.

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:31 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
No, it's okay. Everyone has done that sometimes.

JEANINE whimpers. "She can and will kill you!"

THE WOMAN laughed a shrill, evil, ear splitting laugh that sounded like nails on a chalkboard. Everyone would be able to hear this, except for any deaf people.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:34 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James stopped at the touch of his hand, and turned to look at the man inquiring about the hotel. Figures. His eyes flickered to his nametag, which had betrayed him by making an unwanted appearance, peeking out from his raincoat jacket. But James resigned to the interaction, and gave the man his attention. When showed the photo, he leaned in a little, looking at the picture closely and back at the man's face. He bore a very close resemblance to his great grandfather or whosoever he was, which made for a convincing argument.

His attention is loosely grabbed by the other man who addressed him... offering to help or something, but he answered the inquisitive man first.

"I mean, sure. What is it that you want to-" he stopped mid sentence as the young girl in the hall let out an eerie warning before an ominous and foreboding laugh filled his ears. A feeling of dread rushed over him, and he cringed and closed his eyes as the sound pierced his ears.

It took him a few seconds to straighten back up after the scream came to an end. His heart was racing and he could feel the sweat developing on his brow. But as if conditioned to ignore the haunting event that just occured, he picked up where he left off.

"I can answer whatever questions you have. Would you...? Walk with me down the hall?" He put a hand behind he man's back as if to re-orient him towards the exit, the direction that James had already been heading. But before walking, he looked at everyone in the hall and addressed them. "If any of you would like to follow, you can meet in the lobby. I know the scream, among other things, are deeply concerning. We're very sorry for the current conditions and I assure you Henry and our staff will do our best to accommodate you and make you feel safe."

Spoiler! :
james the janitor, doing his job and trying to clean things up :,)

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:34 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

JEANINE is pale. "Are there mirrors in the lobby?"
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:50 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"No." James answered with as comforting of a grin he could muster, but it was strained. "Only a seating area, a coffee bar, and the front desk."

81 Reviews

Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:06 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"Oh, that would be nice," said Li He quickly. "I'm up for that."

Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat