z

Young Writers Society

Rome: An RPG

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:27 am
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Salvete, amici! I am glad you all made it to the grand city of Rome! Granted, all roads lead here, so I'm not surprised! Ha!

But where are my manners! I am Lucius Aemilius Merula, of the Aemilii who live over on the Caelian hill. I'm on my way to the Forum as we speak, where I hear Cicero is about to start his prosecution of Gaius Verrus, so I am very excited to hear what he has to say.

You don't have to join me, of course. Rome is full of wonderful places to explore and people to meet. The Republic has been very prosperous of late. Feel free to stop by my shop just off the Via Labicana; I'm always eager for news from the rest of the provinces.

(So basically this will be set in Republican Rome... I gave the Gaius Verrus case for a general timeframe, so Caesar is alive... However, this does not have to follow historic events
Rules:
- Characters' names can be either Roman, Greek or Old-Germanic. You can have a Berber/Pictish/Levantine character as well, provided you have a reason for your character being in Rome.
- Regarding Roman names, here is a link to help you with them ('cause I love stuff sounding legit: http://www.novaroma.org/nr/Choosing_a_Roman_name )
- Fantasy elements are not like dragons or a mage on every street corner, but more contained and simple "magic" if you want to go down that route)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:02 am
LittleLee says...

@TheMaieuticMesmerist
Hey, is this open? Can I join???
Tag me to let me know!
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
— Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid