Young Writers Society

The Last Runekeepers

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon May 29, 2017 10:37 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James was still evaluating the worth of the rumors and whether they posed a real and imminent threat. He usually always erred on the side of caution, but in their current position it actually might not be a terrible idea to go and seek out the source of the rumors to see if they were really true. Even if it was a trap, if there was a greater evil that was slowly emerging, if they could do anything on behalf of the whole of humanity to stop it, that might actually be the better thing to do. Of course, it would be much much harder in actuality to even achieve that.

"I too, am inclined to believe that the risk does not outweigh the cost. If these rumors are more than just a ruse to eliminate those of us who remain, then the consequences will be more than just a risk to our lives, but to all of humanity. And I don't say that to sound like I even possess the power to bring about change and push back any dark and evil forces easily, or even well. But if we sit back and wait for whatever evil it is - if such a thing exists - to draw itself from the mountain and threaten us, and we do not do anything in our power to try... then we will have to live with that crushing guilt, if we live at all, and if we have any semblance of a conscience."

"And as you said, most all rumors are based in truth. And while I know that none of us know each other, and this meeting is purely by chance, I have a feeling this may be our only deciding moment to call one another to join in action or to apathetically sit back and let the winds blow where they may, and either watch destruction come or act too late to actually stop it."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:25 am
View Likes
DragonWriter22 says...

Raelyn nodded firmly. "What we decide here may well effect the course of the future. While I hope the mountain threat is nothing, what it could be is terrible enough that I'm willing to investigate as soon as possible. I will go - alone if I have to. Luckily it seems that will not be the case. Our meeting is too perfect to be an accident. I have pledged myself to the cause. Who will join me?" Her eyes circled to each member of the group as she spoke. She spoke boldly, for at home she was used to reluctance and hesitance in response to her ideas. She was surprised here when the gazes she met were considering. There were reservations, as there was a great risk, but it was a refreshing change.
No. For the last time, I don't write on dragons!

I am the Night Rider! Wait, I mean the Night Writer! Ah, no. Well, I do write at night, but... I am the Knight Writer of the Green Room! There we go. :D

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:45 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James found himself quick to respond, having already decided in his mind beforehand that he would go investigate. Now, with the opportunity presented before him he had no qualms about saying yes, only questions of how to make the journey work.

"I will join you." He said decisively.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:09 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
bumping this,, if ya'll wanna keep going!!!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:00 am
View Likes
DragonWriter22 says...

Before the other two Rune Keepers could respond, a strange sense of foreboding suddenly fell on the room. Raelyn shivered and her eyes darted nervously around the chamber. The sun still shown outside and nothing had disturbed the protection runes that Raelyn felt still protecting the space, but there was a clear coldness that hadn't been there before. For something to have surpassed the protection runes, it would have to be really powerful, but it seemed still clumsy enough not to hide the feel of its presence from them. Unless this was a warning, of course.

Raelyn instinctively whispered several runes of shielding and felt the coldness retract slightly, but it didn't disappear completely. She looked around at her companions and saw many of them too had the words of power on their lips. "I don't know what just happened, but I don't think this Inn is quite as safe as it once was."
No. For the last time, I don't write on dragons!

I am the Night Rider! Wait, I mean the Night Writer! Ah, no. Well, I do write at night, but... I am the Knight Writer of the Green Room! There we go. :D

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:31 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James muttered a list of runes as he felt the ominous presence fall upon the room. He looked over to Raelyn, and the others in the room.

"We should leave. Now. Regardless if you're joining."

I am proud of my self, the reason why some of you might disagree with me a little with, but nevertheless I still proud.
— Oxara