z

Young Writers Society

Papel

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:51 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Your first memory of this place is opening to eyes to find yourself in an open corridor with white walls, pitch black floors, and a roof that opens up to reveal an orange-tinged sky. Sturdy oak doors line both entrances to the space, opposing each other and glaring at you. The room is 10 meters long, yet not that hard for you to travel through. You pick a door, open it, and find a corridor that travels for a short distance before turning to the side. There are more doors than before - it appears to be 4 at first, but there is another 2 or so when you head around the corner. You walk to another door at random, open it, and repeat the process.

It doesn't take long for you realize this is a maze. However long you travel, and in whatever direction, there is always another corridor, or open space, or occasional closed room, attached to multiple others by an arrangement of doors. Your situation isn't too hopeless; the wall, as you find out, is made of stretchy and relatively weak substance. If you push your entire weight against it, it breaks apart, allowing you to enter yet another space. There does not appear to be an end to this maze, however. Too, you cannot fly overhead, as it appears invisible walls and ceilings rise a few feet above the tops of the walls, as you find out when you attempt to climb up and over/fly one of the white walls. No matter how hard you try, you cannot budge these barriers; they laugh at you.

Nevertheless, as frustrated and angry as you are, there is a slimmer of hope. You can hear the distance calls of equally irritated and concerned people as they struggle through this elaborate maze. All you need to do is find them, figure out what it was that brought you here, who or what nefarious fiend concocted this rat maze and perhaps may have summoned you, and perhaps plot some means of escape.

If you can.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

Reviews: 4
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:38 am
View Likes
rebelpilot says...

A Human male dressed in the uniform of an Imperial scout trooper walks through the maze. He is about 1.80m tall and carries a small blaster pistol. He walks over to one of the walls, draws his XJ96 Plasma sword and cuts through the wall. On the other side is another room. He sighs and continues on his journey.
Lover of star wars that gives the underrated characters the respect that they deserve 8) :D :D :D

The series that I am writing -> The Beginning - Prologue and Chapter 1

#JusticeforDicer

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kane peeked his head out of her pocket as she continued through the elaborate and endless maze; when he gave her a confused look, Ari was quick to admit, “I don't know where I'm going.” In fact, she didn't know where she was. She had awoken here an hour before. Her best friend was gone, along with Maya. That terrified her. They had all been together before...Well, she couldn't remember what exactly had happened, but she knew that they had been together.

The albino rat snake, who had been asleep in her pocket from the entirety of her time in the maze, looked around them with a surprised expression on his face.
“I'm sure we'll find other people,” she reassured the cursed boy. “Maybe we'll even find Maya and Zion! I bet the two of them would have an idea about what's going on-”

She suddenly fell silent. She was sure that she had heard something cutting through one of the maze's many walls, but was unsure of exactly what. As she rushed to its source, she quickly realized that it didn't matter what it was. It meant that they weren't alone, and that they had a potential way of getting out.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:01 pm
View Likes
rebelpilot says...

I stopped. I was sure that I could hear someone talking. "Who are you?" I called.
Lover of star wars that gives the underrated characters the respect that they deserve 8) :D :D :D

#JusticeforDicer

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:18 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I could ask the same of you!" I hollered back, my taipan, Apophia, giving me a death glare because of the loud noise. I ignored him.

Spoiler! :

She has short, choppy auburn hair and a reddish-brown eye. Her right eye is missing, covered by a white eyepatch with a red viper embroidered on it. She wears all black, with a long trench coat that hides any weapons she may have. A taipan (a gold-brown serpent) curls around her shoulders and arms. Over the bottom half of her face is a black mask, and her head is covered by a hood.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:40 am
View Likes
rebelpilot says...

"I am Mirkil Ashaster and I want to get out of this stupid maze."

#JusticeforDicer

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:46 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Hang on, keep talking. Coming towards you," I yelled, slamming through one of the walls towards the noise of this 'Mirkil'.

he/him/his

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:10 am
View Likes
rebelpilot says...

"Um, well, I like to play video games and have fun with my friends and I really hate this stupid maze."

#JusticeforDicer

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:21 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

I slammed down the door in front of Mirkil, stepping out into the hall. Apophis raised her head to eye the stranger as I sized him up.

"I'm Viper. Well, it's what most people call me, anyways," I introduced myself.

he/him/his

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:40 am
View Likes
rebelpilot says...

"Ok, do you have any idea how to get out of this stupid maze?"

#JusticeforDicer

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:42 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Not any more than you do, friend."

he/him/his

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:55 am
rebelpilot says...

"Do you have any idea what we should do next?"

#JusticeforDicer

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:06 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Well, I was wandering aimlessly through the labyrinth just like you, so not really. Find more people?"

he/him/his

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:28 pm
View Likes
rebelpilot says...

"No."

#JusticeforDicer

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:06 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Well, I'm out of ideas."

he/him/his

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor