Young Writers Society

Valley of Unending Night

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:51 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

I actually laughed. The way he said it was like he was waiting for me to be shocked the existence of magic. Wasn't that priceless?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:01 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

As time passed, Darian began to stir, the burn of a sterilizing wound choking out his ability to tether to the unconscious. He woke with a start and gasped, smoke from the fire filling his lungs.

He coughed. He sputtered phlegm.

He nearly peed in pain.

It was then he realized, as he opened his eyes trying to support himself, that his left arm had been rendered completely powerless from the sundered muscle and tendon.

He fell to his back on the ground, eyes on the vibrant stars where shadows gathered like dark nebulae. He wondered if this place was purgatory. He wondered if he'd been forsaken. He wondered how much worse the pain would actually get because the pain was getting so much worse.

"?uoy no rouqil yna evah uoy fo eno oD"

It wasn't until the deafening silence that he wondered if something he said was wrong.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:10 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

I hurried over to him, kneeling by his side. He was obviously in much pain; I wasn't surprised. He might even lose the arm. "Would you mind repeating that?"

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Amazingly, although Amy couldn't understand a lick of what Darian was trying to say, she got the gist of it: he was in pain. Although, she probably didn't have anything strong enough to relieve the pain. Best she had was Tylenol PM, which might make him sleepy... in any case, maybe sleeping it off would be best?

She took out a few capsules and showed them to Tasha and Darian. "Is Tylenol ok to take with all the bleeding and stuff? I know ibuprofen's a blood thinner and I don't know exactly what's in Tylenol but I don't know like... what stuff helps?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:03 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Tylenol works." She takes some and gives it to Darian.

Spoiler! :

I honestly have no idea but let's say sure

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:30 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Loki watched as the others rushed to get Darian Tylenol, but Loki was still trying to figure out what he had said. He replayed the sentence over and over in his head. If there was anything Loki was good at besides lying and acting, it would be his ability to solve riddles and puzzles.

It didn't sound like a foreign language. Even though he couldn't understand a word of it, it sounded somewhat familiar. So that was a start. Was it a code, maybe? But Darian was trying to communicate with it, so he doubted that was the case.

He grabbed a stick and tried writing out what Darian had said in the dirt. The longer words looked like gibberish, mainly because Loki was writing out how they sounded, but the shorter ones made everything much clearer.

He grinned at his discovery and pointed at it with his stick. "I figured out what he said," Loki informed the others. "It was backwards. He was asking if any of us have some alcohol! Which, um, I don't. I'm guessing he wanted some for the pain, but the Tylenol should take care of that? But does anyone have any in case he just wanted something to drink?"

Spoiler! :
Part of the fun of this roleplay is how useless Loki is, but I thought this was a challenge he could finally handle.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:36 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"He's not getting alcohol in this state. The one and only thing that I'll be using it for is disinfecting his wounds. Sorry, Darian."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:14 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Amy looked over at Loki, with a look of wonder and surprise on her face. "Dang. You got all that from his mumbling? You should be like, a language translator or something man."

She grabbed her water bottle, which was about halfway full now, since the rest of the water had been put into the pot to boil. "If he wants something to drink though, water should help. Also with swallowing the pills." She held up the water for Darian, since it didn't seem like he was able to move with his really bad wounds. "We'll have to help you take them, I think. That ok, Darian?"

Spoiler! :
HAha, it's quite enjoyable to see how he approaches things and tries to apply himself! It's great haha

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:24 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Tasha hands the pills to Amy. "You do that. I'll scout around to make sure there's nothing that'll come after us. Night's coming fast."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:42 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Amy gave Tasha a wide-eyed nod. "Ok." She was glad that Tasha seemed confident and capable enough to scout out the area. Amy would never have even thought to do that. She was still preoccupied with the injured Dorian by her side.

She looked at Darian, lying on the ground, and looked into the darkness of the forest. Night might've been coming, but it already felt much like night was already here anyway. They'd probably need to like... prepare to get to sleep.

Amy looked over at Loki. "Hey Loki... could you um, grab my bag and bring it over? I have a sleeping bag and a blanket in there, and a little pillow. I figure we could make Dorian as comfortable as we can, you know? I mean it probably won't help much, cause this is all really sucky, but, it's better than lying in the dirt."

As she spoke to Loki she turned to Darian again, her brows furrowed, wishing she could do something more to help him escape the pain. "Can I try to move you a bit, Darian?" She didn't know where he was at in terms of being able to respond but she wanted ask before doing so, since he might be in too much pain to want to be moved. "Just to help you swallow the pills and get you on a blanket?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:50 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She double-checks all her weapons are in order and disappears into the nearby woods.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Happy to still be able to help out, Loki got back to his feet and went to grab her bag. It was easy to lift with his current body, but he knew it would be a bit tougher if he was in his natural body. The thought of his actual body made the sweat droplets sliding down from his forehead all the more noticeable.

It was only when he was right beside her that he realized how beautiful she was.

Blood rushed to his face, and he nearly dropped the bag in his shock. "H-here," he stammered, shoving it in her direction. But then their hands brushed up against each other, and Loki found himself even more nervous than before.

He sat down next to her. "Um...how old are you? And, uh, can I help with anything?" After a moment of what he perceived to be awkward silence, he hurriedly added, "Not with your life! With Darian. But, um, if you want to, you definitely could. If you were comfortable with it."

Spoiler! :
I love writing about Loki when he has a crush. :P
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:46 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

As Loki went to fetch the bag, and Darian wasn't really responding, Amy gently and slowly lifted up his head just enough to put the pills in, and gave him just a little water to help it down. She prayed that he would swallow and it seemed like he managed to, since he didn't sputter it up or anything.

As she looked down at Darian, she could feel her body beginning to calm down, finally. Her heart rate began to decrease and she could feel her muscles begin to relax a bit. That was, until Loki came up next to her and their hands touched for a moment, and she was staring into his red face. In her head, she tried to reason that maybe the stress was getting to him, and he was just nervous for Darian? Maybe it was just that? Wishful thinking, was all that was.

"Uh-thank you." She muttered, the words coming out a lot less confident than usual, and she too began to feel her face heat up. Oh my gosh this is dumb, I literally have a severely injured dude at my feet right now. Why this. For Darian's sake, she knew she had to keep her cool. I mean, it was hard enough with crazy attacking birds and stuff but now Loki was sitting next to her and oddly he seemed... really cute, now that he was sitting next to her. He was sweaty, but so was she. She didn't want to admit it to herself though because she knew that shouldn't be her focus.

"And no, uh, I think I'm good. Darian, though, I could uh, use some help getting him laid down on my sleeping bag, so just like, laying it out I guess uh... but... yeah, um, I just turned 17 like, a month ago? Uh, how... old are you...? I guess?"

Spoiler! :
HAHAHAah OMG THIS IS GREAT HAHA. ALSO @Lumi I hope it's ok that I had him swallow the pills and assumed some things here to move it forward. If that's not ok, I can go back and change it! Also I aged her down like,,
a year. Just thinkin where she's at in her storyline and stuff cuz when mage asked me her age it got me thinking.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:21 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
In the meantime, Tasha is oblivious XD

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

His gaze dropped down to his legs. He didn't think he'd be able to lie as easily as he usually did if his gaze met Amy's. "I'm twenty-one," he said. It was a far cry from the truth, but believable when his appearance was taken into account. He wanted to tell her the truth, but wouldn't that be a bad thing? Even Kane had been ignorant of his age, and they had been best friends! If the organization had found out how old he was, they would have surely realized that something was up and given him less tasks to do.

But now he was on his own, his time at Perseus a part of the past. Was there really any harm in telling Amy? If he wanted her to like him - as friends, not necessarily in a romantic way (though that would certainly be nice!) - wouldn't being himself be a start? That was why Kane had liked him and the others hadn't; only his best friend had known how he really acted when he wasn't putting up a facade.

But the thought of taking on the form he had used before the accident made butterflies appear in his stomach. He had done it occasionally to lower his body's temperature, but never because he wanted to show someone. He couldn't even remember the last time that he had acted as himself.

Even if he got over his doubts about changing back to his original form, Amy was new to the whole concept of magic. So he doubted he could just come out and say that this wasn't actually what he looked like.

He took a deep breath. He wanted to let her know the truth. He would just have to start with something, like the explanation of how magic worked. That would be good, right?

He glanced over at her. "Um, Amy? I need to tell you something, but it has to do with magic. And, uh, I know that you don't really know anything about it. So I'll tell you about magic too...um..." He wiped the sweat off of his forehead with his arm. "Magic causes things to heat up, and it can be used on people or on objects. That's why I'm sweating so much - I've been using magic since before we met. And, uh, I know this might seem like too much information, but my entire body is covered in sweat right now. So..."

He trailed off, hoping that she would see where he was going with his conversation. It would be much easier if the words didn't have to come out of his own mouth.

Spoiler! :
I relate to Tasha so much right now. :P
mage

queer and here.

Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.
— Ellen DeGeneres