Young Writers Society

A Chance Meeting 2.0

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

You are in the woods. Why are you in the woods? Maybe you were chasing after a stray cat, or a wizard so kindly teleported you here. Maybe you believe that the woods are haunted and you're having a stake out to catch that elusive ghost on film. Maybe you're doing something that no one should ever know about.

Whatever the case is, you are here for a reason - as are others you have most likely never met before. Though you may have once known the way through this forest, you've become hopelessly lost. Your one hope is the eerie castle you see in the far off or nearby distance. It is your only opportunity to find help. Despite your doubts, you are heading to that castle.

Who - or what - will you encounter as you try to find your way back home?

Rules

1.) No godmodding.

2.) Be polite to the other members of the SB.

3.) Use correct grammar and spelling.

4.) If you want to kill off a character, check with the character's creator.

5.) Sex is not allowed. Keep it T, please.

6.) Swearing is allowed.

7.) You can use whatever tense you want, along with first person or third person, as long as you use the same tense and point of view throughout the roleplay for that character.

8.) You can have as many characters as you want in the roleplay.

9.) Some people have said before to not control other people's characters, but since we're all collaborating here, you have to do that to a certain degree. So here's a compromise: Be prepared for their creator to correct you if their character was out-of-character (OOC). Also, to avoid possible OOC characters, try to talk with their creators or wait until you know their character better before making them say anything.

10.) Have fun, of course! ^_^
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

~Ryan Evans~

He had been walking through the woods for what he supposed was hours. Pulling the strangely familiar cloak closer to his body as a feeble source of warmth, he used his free hand to touch the slit in his neck. The blood crusted around it was dry, and easily came off. There was a raised scar in place of a gaping wound. With shaking fingers, he took his choker out from his leather jacket and fastened it around his neck to cover the cut.

The wind viciously bit at his bare skin. His ears were suddenly exposed to the cold winter air. As a last resort, he pulled the hood to the cloak up.

To his surprise, he suddenly felt warmth. It was an unusual warmth, akin to the feeling he felt when he was hit by the truck. He didn't have the time to pause and question it. He had to keep moving and reclaim his bearings. The possibility of being followed was very high, and the pain of his last death was all too easy to remember.

He made out a castle in the distance. Maybe he could find help there? It was his only hope; at a very least, it would provide a hiding spot from the woman who had killed him.

Spoiler! :
Hi, everyone! ^_^ If you don't know me already, I'm Mage - formerly Magestorrow and before that TheLearningWriter. I'll include a description of what Ryan looks like in my next post, but for now, all you need to know is that he currently looks like the Grim Reaper. To be more specific, what your character thinks of when they think of death.

I hope you all enjoy being a part of this roleplay! ^_^
mage

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:50 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Chessy

The woods smelled eerily unfamiliar- as if they were from another planet. My teleportation must have gone very awry in order to cause such a mishap. All was silent- unlike the chittering plants where I came from, and more silent than the woods before that- when I was familiar with Earth.

I teleported on top of a tree to see where I was- I wasn't much certain of which tree it was just that I was on top of it. I peered around, and down at the forest floor, and jumped at what I saw.

"Wraith!" I yelled, leaping several meters out of the tree. My hair and fur poofed out as it always did when I was startled. My claws shredded their way out of my hands, their silver shine apparent in the dim lighting of the woods. I landed on my feet in front of the figure, green-and-purple eyes wide.

Spoiler! :
She's medium height, and has black hair that reaches just below her shoulder blades on one side and just below her ear on the other, descending like a corkscrew. She has two cat ears at the top of her head. She's humanoid, and would look human with the exception of her black ears, tail, whiskers, and purple eyes that fade to green around the edges. She's wearing a corset with a purple stretch on one side of the laces and a green one on the other. She then has a skirt made of tutu-material that's black, purple, and green, and fishnet tights.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

Reviews: 3
Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:58 am
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

Jackie

Jackie ran through the woods, her heart begging her to stop,

Were they gone? She refused to look back, and possibly get caught. . .

After their yells faded, as she tried slowing down, it seemed her shoes were burning holes into the ground. She tried taking a good look of her surroundings. It was quite hard though since her helmet was so damn muddy. All she could see was trees. Damn, she was lost. She hated admitting defeat, but it seemed she had no choice.
Winterfell is cold.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:10 am
View Likes
AnarchyWolf says...

Adrian Chapradeur

I was well and truly lost. What had started as a frantic escape had melded its way into an ambling glide over thick woodlands. On the darkening horizon, a castle perched on a hilltop like a jewel adorning a crown. Finally. The gashes on my back were beginning to hurt too much to ignore - the castle would provide rest, shelter, and maybe even food.

I dipped a wing and angled my feathers into the wind to slow down, banking down to brush the tops of the trees. I plunged groundwards between two large branches, wings folded like a diving falcon's.

I snapped my wings open again - or, as open as the tree trunks would allow. I watched the flight feathers splay on their own, wondering at their knowing what to do. The feathers at the tips of my wings were bright white, as were the ones at his shoulders. The other feathers were greasy black with glosses of oily green, blue, and purple that shone when the light hit them. My hair was the same kind of black.

Pine needles, ferns, and brambles garnished the forest floor. I forced my wings faster as I dodged and rolled between the branches and trunks, looking for a clear patch to land on. I eventually settled for a mossy log and circled once around an oak tree before he landed. I grimaced as my left foot sunk into a particularly rotten section.

I yanked my foot out of the rank mush, cleaned it as best I could on the pine needles, and then froze as I heard a noise. It was the noise of a heavy, clumsy animal: a human. I pressed myself up against a tree, wincing when the sticky old blood on his shirt mingled with the fresh as the bark dug into his back.

My flight-weary heart began to thump harder. My head spun.

I glanced around the trunk. The spinning got worse. It's a hallucination. A patch of what could only be described as void was making its way up towards the castle.

Crap. Well, then. I'm going to have to get to the castle before that thing does.

"Wrath!" someone yells as they jumped down from the tree towards the patch of void. Said someone has cat's ears, tail, and whiskers - this someone was one of the assassins sent after me! They've found me again!

The gashes on my back sting harder. Revenge teases sweetly.

There's only one thing I can do - come on, what would you have done?

I surge forwards, revelling briefly in the power of my wings, and plough into the cat-person with renewed energy and anger, knocking it to the ground and pinning it there.

Spoiler! :
Hey, guys. I'm AnarchyWolf. My character is Adrian Chapardeur, the supernatural-or-magical-depending-on-how-you-look-at-it birdchild. He's from a WIP of mine. He was hunted and attacked by supernatural-or-magical-depending-on-how-you-look-at-it feline-like assassins.

One thing you all should know: he is wearing a colombina-style made with black leather and decorated with his own magpie-type feathers. He usually wears it for both style and anonymity.

@Mage questions, sorry:
1) Do the characters have to be human?
2) Can they have 'companions' that they have in the story? (e.g. can one of the characters from Void have their dragon with them?)
3) So, Adrian basically believes that you become nothing when you die (you cease to exist, because your brain has stopped functioning and thus your consciousness must cease, too), so he'd see Ryan as a blob of nothingness? Or have I taken this too literally?
Don't resist the water. Welcome it.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:26 am
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Don't worry about it, @AnarchyWolf! ^_^ The characters definitely don't have to be human, they can have companions, and technically that would be the case, but to make things more interesting, can he see Ryan as the grim reaper?

Edit: I reread your post and never mind what I said about him seeing Ryan as the Grim Reaper! I love how confused he was when he saw him heading towards the castle. ^_^
Last edited by Mageheart on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
mage

queer and here.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:31 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

Wendy Maddox

Walking in the woods had been a past time for her since she turned ten. It was a calming feeling. The hidden moonlight was peeking through the broken tree branches. Her mother and father died years ago, driving off into a river. Wendy lives her grandmother, an old lady who sells old cookies that could make your teeth break off. She doesn't mind Wendy or notice her absence, giving Wendy free time to talk around.
Tonight was extremely weird. The moon was still out, following Wendy like a lonesome crow. There was no wind and no movement around her. Her grandma, at this time, would be sleeping or closing up shop. Her white dress hung around her ankles and her wispy blonde hair blew carelessly as she walked. Her skin was "glowing" white from the moonlight and was bright enough to be considered a star.
Wendy moved around the in the dark, adjusting the sudden burst of cold that circled her. She blinked, looking closely at a fallen tree truck. There was a small cat, speckled black and white, licking its paw. The presence of the cat seemed to hypnotize her, dragging her along to the broken log.
Mud caked her feet as Wendy walked towards the cat. A fleeting memory of the same cat had found itself in her mind; on her fifth birthday, her cat named Pepper ran away. She remembered her mother crying, mumbling over and over again that she was run over. It was later found that Pepper died in the woods near her house. It was a week after her mother and dad died. It wasn't a fun month.

"Hello, Kitty," she called out to the cat. The cat didn't seem to notice Wendy. She held out a hand and whistled. This got the cat's attention. Green eyes peered bored at Wendy, staring into her soul. It gave her shivers. She tried to get the cat to come to her but instead, after countless attempts, it ran off. The next best thing Wendy could do: run after it.
The mud was slick causing Wendy to slide all over the place. The cat was impossible to find. She looked around her, the moon seemingly smiling at Wendy. She was deep in the woods with no means escaping. She walked over to a wet log and sat down. There was a faint wind, brushing through the trees. After several minutes, Wendy decided to give up. Until something shiny caught her eye.
Turning to the left, there was a clear cut path leading through the woods. Something inside Wendy to follow it. And so she did.

Spoiler! :
yaaay reboot! i'm excited for this tbh
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:21 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

~Ryan Evans~

Everything happened so fast; Ryan could barely comprehend the flurry of motion as the cat-girl jumped down from the tree and yelled, "Wraith!" seconds before being attacked by the bird-boy.

He didn't know who was the good guy - if either of the two were - but he did know that the boy could potentially give the girl a fatal injury. That one fact was enough to spur him into action, despite his confusion at exactly what the two were.

"Stop it!" he cried out. The boy froze in his attack as Ryan rushed forward and tried to pull him off the girl. "You're going to hurt her!" The strength he had gained after his eighteenth birthday suddenly kicked in, and the two went flying back as he roughly pulled the shocked boy off of the trembling girl.

He managed to slip out from underneath the boy. "I'll fight you if you try hurting her," he threatened the human-bird hybrid, though he wasn't exactly sure how he would go about doing that.

Spoiler! :
Ryan's voice also changes to match whatever he looks like when wearing the cloak - basically, whatever Death sounds like to your characters. I'll put his description here so you know what he actually looks like.

Ryan has shoulder length black hair that is a little on the messy side, and his eyes are black. He is wearing a black leather jacket, black tanktop, black ripped jeans and black boots. The accessories he's wearing is a pair of black fingerless gloves, a silver skull necklace and a choker that looks like a collar. He has olive-colored skin.

@Steggy: I'm glad you share my excitement! ^_^ I wanted to have Ryan be introduced to the world of roleplay, and I thought a reboot of A Chance Meeting would be a great way to go about doing that! ^_^
mage

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:58 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Chessy

I lept to my feet as soon as I had the bird-boy off of me. My claws were now sprouting from my toes as well. I glanced at the... Thing? Wraith? Person? Who had 'saved' me. "Him? Hurt me? You must be less sane than I am! And that's saying something."

I turned to the person who had attacked me. "From your actions I can draw only two conclusions- either you are extremely stupid or you're suicidal. Believe me there are easier ways to kill yourself."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:06 am
View Likes
LadyEvvy says...

Kou
Kou's march through the woods was utterly exhausting. He'd made a huge mess in the previous town, and now the Royal Guard was on the hunt more fiercely than ever. Supposedly, this forest was haunted by ghosts, which of course meant it would become Kou's hangout and workplace until things settled down outside.

Unfortunately, Kou didn't know exactly where in the forest these ghosts were, so he had spent a lot of time stumbling around aimlessly. It was too dark to keep walking, but Kou had nowhere to rest, so he kept on by the light of his lamp.

It was so dark in fact, the Kou didn't even see the girl until he was practically on top of her. The girl had already seen him, of course. He was easy to spot with his lamp in hand. The two stood an looked at each other.

"Hi," He finally said.

"Hello," she replied. She was dressed all in white, and the moonlight shone on her skin. She looked as though she was glowing from within. For a moment, Kou thought that she might be the ghost, but he quickly discarded that notion. She felt alive. This was a living girl, and these woods were not as empty as he had hoped.

"Well," he said. "I'm Kou. It's nice to meet you."

The girl nodded. "I'm Wendy."

"I see you've found a trail. Would you mind if I walked with you?" He held up his light. "We can share."

Spoiler! :
Okay, reboot. Sounds like fun!
I'm LadyEvvy, and my character is Kou, from a novel I'm working on. I'm hoping I can develop him a little more here and get some practice writing him. It'll be fun to see him interact with @Mage's character. Oddly enough, Kou finds death quite terrifying.

Kou is a necromancer, a mage who helps souls to move on to the afterlife. He has black hair and green eyes, and is very short. He wears a green coat over an off-white collared shirt, black pants, and boots.

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 am
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Meg Flynn

Meg's heart pounded in her chest as she ran through the thick mass of bushes blocking her path, bruising her hands during the process. The deep cut in her left shoulder was getting more painful than she'd expected.

Her hands were almost numb from the extreme cold, but she managed to press her hand against the wound, hoping it'd stop the bleeding.
Emmott had helped her to cover it with an old piece of cloth and some herb leaves which gave out a minty smell, but since she failed to immobilize her hand until it started to heal, the wound had re-opened causing more bleeding.
The right side of her pink tunic top was covered with blood, giving her a horrific appearance.

Her normally neat, straight brown hair which reached up to her shoulder was now matted with dirt and mud. Her black jeans were covered with sewage water and who-knows-what.
Her brown boots didn't look any better. Her feet could feel the cold muddy water inside them, giving out a ' chuck, thuck' sound every time she took a step.

How could he do this to me? After all, he was the one who saved my life in the first place...something has to be wrong with him

Her disturbed mind tried to search answers for his friend's sudden impish change. She knew he wouldn't have jabbed that dagger into her shoulder if he was being himself. Something must've been controlling him.

However, she'd been lucky enough to escape him before he could kill her.
She had no idea where she was. 'The dark alley would take people to unexpected places.' That was what Emmott had told her, and she didn't get to learn more about the alley from him.

After running for a few more minutes slowed her pace and scanned her surrounding for the first time after running through the alley. All the high trees and the damp environment around her proved the fact that she was in the woods. She sighed, at least it was better than a dark alley filled with corpses.

She came to a halt, feeling extremely weak and tired. She sat down on a cold rock which was lying on her path to gain strength. Turning back didn't seem like a good option. She might confront Jack if she did so.

Her wound was throbbing with pain, she needed to find more herbs and quick...
Just when she was about to calm herself down, the sound of footsteps made her heart skip once more. Someone was heading her way. Petrified by exhaustion and fear, she just sat there, unable to move a muscle.

Spoiler! :
Hi everyone! I thought to join this fun role-play. After all, I really need to improve my newest character. :D This is going to be really fun! Oh, and Meg's human, she doesn't have any special powers.

Just keep writing, writing, WRITING! :D

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:37 am
View Likes
AnarchyWolf says...

Adrian Chapradeur

"I'll fight you if you try hurting her."

I step away from the cat-girl and the void, staring incredulously from one to the other.

"From your actions I can draw only two conclusions - either you are extremely stupid or you're suicidal. Believe me there are easier ways to kill yourself."

"I'm not either," I growl. I can feel the downy feathers on my wings, neck, and back begin to stand up like hackles. "I thought you were someone else."

The cat-girl says nothing, just huffs and looks more than a little irritated.

I don't let memories of the other cat-people take over - though, it's hard. Every glance at the cat-girl sends them bounding and hissing into my head. Instead, I cloud my mind with indignation and spread my wings. I need to get out of there.

As soon as I do so, however, my head spins and I almost faint. Darkness invades my vision, and I immediately fold my wings back up again. Oh, blood loss. How I've missed you.

"So, I guess you two are going to the castle?"

The void makes a movement. A nod? Who knows.

"I'm just going to join you..."
Don't resist the water. Welcome it.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

~Ryan Evans~

"I was trying to help you," he muttered, crossing his arms underneath the warm cloak. His comment went unheard as they began to make their way to the castle. For some reason that he couldn't comprehend, the girl and boy continued to give him odd looks.

But then, rather suddenly, the boy faltered. Ryan turned to face him, and was shocked to notice blood seeping through the boy's shirt behind his wings. Eyes wide in horror, he frantically dug around in his pockets for the bandages he had taken to carrying.

Realizing that the boy wouldn't take kindly to any help he offered, he held out the bandages. "You're bleeding," he simply said. The boy gave him a look of disbelief. "You don't want to pass out from blood loss, especially not in the woods. So, please, suck up your pride and use these bandages."

Spoiler! :
Welcome, @LadyEvvy and @writerkitty! ^_^
mage

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:01 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Chessy

The person who attacked me smelled like blood. Not really much of anyone else's blood- just his own.

"I would offer to heal you but that would be illogical since my healing powers are dismal." I was really proud of myself- correctly diagnosing something as illogical. "By dismal I mean non-existent." I clarified.

I tried smoothing down my hair, it's poofi-ness was extremely embarrassing.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:35 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Terasu:

As woods went, this wasn't the worst she'd been in.

Still, it wasn't comfortable. She held her helmet at her side as she ducked under waves of branches from bone-white trees, ready to grab her and pull her into the air. Her suit of armor wasn't heavy, but it did prove inconvenient, and every step was impeded by those heavy boots of hers. Nevertheless, the girl thought it would be a horrible idea to take them off, as she didn't know where she was, how she'd gotten here, or who else might be in the area. Where her soldiers were was yet another mystery. All she could remember was being ambushed by a group of assassins and separated from everyone else, as her attacks proved futile against their quick maneuvers. They had chased her for some time, but she could hear them no more, and guessed that they had not followed her into these woods. Whether that was a good thing or not was yet to be seen.

It was irritating. Her suit of armor was being scratched and the branches were tugging at her dyed-blue hair and youthful face. Part of her wanted to set ablaze these trees, but she had the awareness that would only burn down the forest, and her with it. Not exactly how she wanted to go down. So the girl grumbled and persisted to wander among the trees, looking for somebody - or anybody - that might help her or at least tell her that she wasn't alone.

And then, in the distance, was the impression of a tall and foreboding castle atop a hilltop and rising above the surrounding landscape. That seemed to be the place to go, though it looked eerie and imposing. There would be no trees to pester her, and it was likely that anyone else trapped in the woods would head to this sole distinctive landmark. So, even if there was some kind of monster, creature, or madman within the structure, at least there would be enough people to have a fighting chance against it, if it proved to be threatening. In her mind, of course, Terasu though herself the strongest person in the woods at the present moment, and more than capable of handling whatever threat came her way. Given her prowess with fire magic, she wasn't exactly wrong.

As she looked upon the castle, the girl was struck by the thought that it would be appropriate with some eerie and haunting music. Which perhaps explained why she had disregarded the music coming from somewhere else in the forest. Now she felt hopeful that there had to be someone else in the woods, as who else would play a music but a living being, however haunting and appropriate for the situation the music might be? Mustering her courage, and preparing in her mind for any situation that might come of this (particularly if the source of the music proved less than friendly), she decided that she could head to the castle at any time, and began to make her way to the sound of the music.

Spoiler! :
I couldn't help myself. I had to join when I saw this was rebooted. :P
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known."
— Chuck Palahniuk