z

Young Writers Society

The Bad, the Worse, the Beardless

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:30 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

Hey, everyone! This is a role-play for your original characters. Here's the overview to help you get into the swing of things. :D

Your character(s) are sitting on the beach during a hot day on summer vacation. You (and your other character(s)) sit up, and see a ginormous pirate ship floating on the water! Your character(s) look around the beach to see if anyone else notices. All of the children on the beach are jumping up and pointing, but the adults just carry on as usual.

The ship begins to sail up to the coast. It stops half a mile away from the beach. Four rowboats paddle up to the shore. Two people hop up upon the beach. A dark-skinned girl with crazy curly hair who looked about thirteen years old, and a tall willowy redhead wearing a pirate hat, who couldn't have been much older. They stroll up the beach, the eyes of every child following them.

They step up to your character(s). The curly-haired girl gives your character(s) a friendly, confident smile. "Hey. Have you ever wanted to be a pirate?"

Now, every good thing has rules, so here they are:
1. Let's keep everything good and PG, nothing that you wouldn't find in a family movie, if you're catching my drift. Violence is allowed, but nothing entirely too graphic.

2. No more than three characters per person, if you please. Depending on how many people want to join, it could get entirely too confusing.

3. Don't be mean, basically just follow the general rules of YWs.

That's all, have fun!
"When in doubt, improvise!"
-Winny the woodpecker

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:26 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Brady Campbell squinted up into the seemingly friendly gaze of the curly-haired stranger with bright blue eyes. He glanced over to the redhead, then back to the still-smiling girl who had addressed him. Come to think of it, for as long as he could remember throughout his eleven-year old life, he had dreamed of being a pirate. Yea, a pirate! Like Captain Hook, but not as bad. And definitely not as grown up.

Thinking of all this, Brady stood up, sand still clinging to his knees, and announced determinedly, "Yes! I'd want to be a pirate!" His gaze remained on that of the curly-haired girl.

58 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:38 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

The curly-haired girl smiled, and nodded. "Anyone who wants to be a pirate, follow us!" She shouted down the beach. A couple children exchanged glances, a couple even took a step forward. But no one else seemed interested enough to join. She looked back to you.

"Well that's a bit disappointing," the red-head murmured.

"Agreed." Said her companion. She faces Brady. "What's your name?"
-Winny the woodpecker

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:37 am
clarevelyn13 says...

Brady took a swift glance back at his mother, who clearly had not even seen the newcomers or their ship. Brady was certain if she had she would not have been allowing him to chat with such strangers, especially ones inviting him to become a pirate. But hey, he figured now was his time to make an adventure of his life. So he took a deep breath, and looked back at the two standing in front of him. "I am Brady," he announced proudly, placing freckled hands on his hips, and grinning. Then he cocked his head. "Who're you guys?"

58 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:11 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

The redhead smirked. she bowed. "Lee Gillian, at your service."

Julia let out a chuckle. "Don't expect her to serve you, though." She turns her attentions back to Brady. "I'm Julia."

"But," Lee added. "You can call her captain." She turns around, and shouts at the boats to get going.

"She always says that." Julia said. "Just call me Julia. Now, come along. We have some swashes to buckle." She turned, and started back to the boats.
-Winny the woodpecker

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:52 pm
Kelpies says...

My mother wasn't happy when I wriggled out of her grasp to go with the pirates- it was like she thought the sea would eat me. It'd taken begging for almost a year to get me to the beach. She never told me why she didn't want to go- just that the sea was a scary place.

As if; the most scary thing I'd seen here was a mean lady in a swimsuit.

"I'm coming too." I stated defiantly, running after the curly-haired girl.
Last edited by Kelpies on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

58 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:57 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

Julia a smile. "Excellent! What's your name?"

Over in the distance, Lee watched the newcomer a little shiftily.
-Winny the woodpecker

223 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:04 pm
Kelpies says...

(Signed defiantly. Sorry, I forgot that she's mute >.<)

"Enis." I signed. "I'd better get out of here before mom catches up."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

58 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:11 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

Do not worry, Julia signed back. You will see your mother. come. Julia stepped onto a rowboat, and pulled Erin aboard.
-Winny the woodpecker

223 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:13 pm
Kelpies says...

You can talk, I'm not deaf, just mute. I signed.

58 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:17 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

"Sorry," Julia apologized aloud. "It's good to know that my sign language isn't too rusty, though." She thumped on the hard wood of the boat to the front. She turned to Brady and Erin. "Hey, everyone!" She greeted with a grin. "Lovely to see you, and I hope you're having a pretty awesome day. First and foremost, you will see your families again, so don't you worry. Just say the word, and you can sail on back."
-Winny the woodpecker

223 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:58 am
Kelpies says...

I gave her a thumbs-up, not technically sign language but it got the point across. I looked at the other person who'd come curiously.

Hello, what's your name? I signed.

58 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:13 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

@clarevelyn13, you're needed! :D
-Winny the woodpecker

58 Reviews

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:48 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

Final call for @clarevelyn13!
-Winny the woodpecker

223 Reviews

Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:41 pm
Kelpies says...

I sighed. Where exactly are we going?

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White