z

Young Writers Society

The Library

Reviews: 2
Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:47 am
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

There is a library on the edge of every world. Inside people meet and stories are shared. There is a book for everyone and information on anything. You have found the library and you can meet any type of person, from a unicorn to a detective. Share your adventures and learn about each other. Welcome to the library.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:18 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

I quivered in my seat- So. Many. Books! To anyone else my eyes would have seemed to be the size of dinner plates. How could I resist this vast expanse of knowledge? I breathed deeply in the scent of old pages- there was no better scent on this Earth.

I may have been so preoccupied with the books that I forgot to look at my feet. I managed to trip over a bookshelf, almost knocking the darn thing over. I straightened it out and walked away, I would have been pretending that nothing ever happened except my cheeks were hot from blushing.

I quickly put my attention back on the bookshelves.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:11 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

"Hey- you okay there?" A voice from behind a tall pile of books spoke up, watching the figure who had just nearly created a domino effect with the bookshelves, and who was now blushing like mad. "My name is Cal," he grinned, sticking out his hand in greeting. His friendliness was only shushed by a few passing librarians, but he ignored their scowls and instead met the gaze of the blusher.

223 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:53 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"H-hi." Gosh darn it, I'm stuttering again. "I'm F-flaerwin, a-and I'm f-fine."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

18 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:24 pm
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

"Flaerwin." Cal repeated her name, testing it out. "I like it," he smiled, trying to be easy-going and ease the apparent nerves present. "So," he cleared his throat, and continued. "You like reading?" Well that was dumb, he immediately thought afterwards, and automatically slapped his open palm against his forehead.

223 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:40 pm
Kelpies says...

I chuckled slightly. "Of c-course. Why else w-would I b-be in a library?"

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:10 pm
Sujana says...

"Looking for answers to questions the untutored mind can't give, perhaps." another voice replied, behind the bookcase Faerwin nearly tumbled over. "You don't have to be literate to be curious, after all."

Faerwin and Cal looked at the bookcase, a stunned and amused look on each face, respectively. There was a sigh, and two books were pulled out from the case, revealing the face of a young woman with hair as dark as vice and eyes like a cliche. "Please, pardon my intrusion," she smirked, "But I'd wanted to see the woman who nearly dropped a six feet bookcase weighing God-knows-how-much on me."
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

223 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:16 pm
Kelpies says...

"Umm... Th-that would be m-me. That h-happens a lot."

18 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:18 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Cal scratched the back of his head. "Hey, it's okay though. No harm no foul, right?" His gaze flicked between Flaerwin and the newest addition to the conversation. More libraries hissed at the group to be silent.
Last edited by clarevelyn13 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:19 pm
ty7lucky says...

Lionel stepped into the library that he found at the end of the street, books and people seemed to cover every inch of it. His eyes widened and a grin crossed his face, if he would find the information he was looking for anywhere, it would be here. He shook his mane of hair and walked farther into the library. He stepped in front of the counter where behind an old lady with gray hair put in a bun was checking in books with some futuristic technology. He cleared his throat making a sound like a growl causing her to look up. "I am looking for a book." He announced in a deep voice.

She was about to reply when something caught both of their attentions someone had almost knocked over one of the bookshelves. Another person had gone to help the first.

Lionel turned his face back to the old lady and was shocked by what he saw. The lady he had thought was perfectly normal didn't have any hair on her face but the gray hair on top of her head. She seeing his alarmed look tried to calm him. I am a king I shouldn't be afraid of this creature.

"What are you looking for." She said in a wheezy voice.

" I am searching for a book or just information on Aehrth, or more commonly it is called the Cloud city."
Last edited by ty7lucky on Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

383 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:22 pm
Sujana says...

The woman studied her, blue eyes squinting slightly. A chuckle. "Well, you don't look like the type to assassinate," she declared, "Tell me, do you have any political affiliations? Interest in economics? Any religious or philosophical objection against the basis of witchcraft?"

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:13 pm
ty7lucky says...

The lady walked to an odd machine that reminded Lionel of a mirror. She did something with it and it brought up an image of a book with the words Aehrth a Founding and History.

"I'll be back soon, go meet someone, but be quiet." The wheezy librarian left the lion man alone.

Lionel walked towards the boy and girl that had almost knocked over a book case. Once closer he saw another woman peeking through a gap in the books she like the librarian didn't have hair apart from on top of her head.

"This is a most peculiar place." He muttered under him.

"Hello, where do you strange creatures come from." He said as he drew closer, his tail trailing behind him.

The three turned to look at the lion man with a crown on his head.
-Douglas Adams

383 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:20 pm
Sujana says...

The woman looked to the lion man approaching the three of them. Her smirk was perpetual, but there was an eerie eagerness to it when he walked in. "I assume we all come from different parallels of Earth, your Majesty, but I can only speak for myself." She pulled away from the gap, staring down at the book in the lion man's hand. "The Cloud City? Intriguing. What in God's honor is a being such as yourself doing looking for such a distant land?"

18 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:22 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Cal turned towards the newcomer. He had never actually seen a lion man before, and although this new face somewhat startled him, he was all the more curious to find out more about this man, who in fact seemed to be a part of a higher ranking.

"How do you do?" Cal tipped his head in a bit of a mocking bow, but he didn't mean any harm by it, no matter how amused the curve of his lip made his expression look. "I certainly am not from this library." His question and comment came just after the woman's, without giving the lion man much time to respond.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:33 pm
ty7lucky says...

"I would be doing quite well if there weren't a war about to start outside these doors." Lionel said sternly. "And you with the dark hair. I don't understand what you mean about parallels of Earth, but I wish to travel to the Cloud City to find a solution to this almost avoidable war, I have a duty to my people."
-Douglas Adams

I didn't know beards could do that ;)
— ShadowVyper