z

Young Writers Society

The Library

Reviews: 2
Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:47 pm
ty7lucky says...

Preax turned to S. "He won't tell anyone what he wishes to do with the library."
Preax walked to a door at the back of the room where a large door sat. "Ervial, can the king go to cloud city while we help you?"

Ervial considered the idea. "Sure but If you don't uphold your promise than I'll have to banish all of you from the library, including your friend listening outside the door."
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:59 pm
Sujana says...

S never did acknowledge the people following her. She didn't think it was important, all things considered. And besides, when it came to Orville (and Ervial, in addition) she needed all the eyes and limbs she could get if something bad were to occur. "You don't have the power or the motives," she said, firmly, "Pardon my perspectives, but I've had my fair share of 'good men' turning out to be even worse than the Devil Himself."

Ervial turned to her. "Salem, you mean?"

And she remembered, again. She remembered the fire. "Orville may be mad, but I know where he stands," she said, clearly. "Good men don't matter, not if their methods are as vile as the bad ones. Preax can use his library card, if he'd like--I'm sure he can go on without me, if he's ever so clever," she glared at Preax. "But if that's your response, I suppose you ought to know mine."

She turned away, then, walking back through the tunnel. Faerwin caught her glimpse. "Go with the gang of heroes, little one," she said, calmly, almost morosely, "I know you want to."

Spoiler! :
at this point this is becoming a storybook without an actual plot that anybody knows about and it is both fascinating and exciting to see unfold i swear to you at the end of this we will somehow be far away from any actual library
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:32 pm
Kelpies says...

Spoiler! :
I know right! It looks so cool, we could start an SB on it if everyone wanted to.

I blushed. "I may as well be made of glass."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

383 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:40 pm
Sujana says...

"Your heart, however, is not," S said. She smiled, but her smile was not happy. Now that Faerwin thought about it, it never was. "I couldn't reason with them. I don't think I can reason with you."

223 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:07 pm
Kelpies says...

"What is reason to some is chaos to others. Try me."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

383 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:34 pm
Sujana says...

S studied the girl, closely, eyes lighting up slightly. She smiled. "I am a woman of Chaos, Miss Faerwin," she said, "because when I was a young age, I was the enemy of Order. You might think, now, that there is a dichotomy. That the rule of ethics apply to both--Order is always good and Chaos is always evil. But there is a reason why I don't believe in ethics. And there is a reason why I don't play games with anyone who won't tell me his basic principles."

She leaned in, closely. "Orville is a dangerous man. That, I do not doubt," she said, softly, "But his limits are known. You know he is dangerous. But what you don't know--the man without a side or a place--could be far more dangerous. Which path you take is crucial."

223 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:01 pm
Kelpies says...

I nodded. "Where there is a choice yet to be made, the stakes are higher because the risks have not yet been taken."

Reviews: 2
Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:08 pm
ty7lucky says...

Preax, Lionel, and Cal still stood in the room. Lionel stood deep in thought, trying to figure out which way was best for him and his people.

Preax had known Ervial for several centuries. He wasn't this perfect peace maker he was acting like. Preax wasn't even sure he could trust him any more than Orville. If he were of peace than Preax didn't know what peace was.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

223 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:31 pm
Kelpies says...

"However- I do think I'll remain with the heroes. Especially if it'll be dangerous. They're going to need all the help they can get." I smiled.

383 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:08 am
Sujana says...

S tilted her head slightly. "What do you have to offer, little one?"

223 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:04 pm
Kelpies says...

I shrugged. "I can come in handy in a fight." That was putting it modestly- I'd beaten more people into a pulp than I would ever admit.

383 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:14 pm
Sujana says...

"Good." S nodded. "Take care of yourself, little one."

She walked out of the tunnel, then, only once glimpsing back.

223 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:34 am
Kelpies says...

"You too." I responded, returning my attention to listening at the door.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:58 am
Featherstone says...

A red-haired woman with ice blue eyes is curled on a chair with a huge book in her lap. She wears studded leather armour and a silver sword rests next to her alongside a German Shepherd.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg