z

Young Writers Society

The Library

Reviews: 2
Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:22 am
ty7lucky says...

Lionel was not used to such physical contact. "My people need me to go to Cloud city, and I can't do that if I'm stuck here." He was calmer now no longer yelling.

Then he noticed a young boy advancing. He had not seen this one before. "Who are you?" He growled suspiciously at the young human.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:25 am
ty7lucky says...

"Do not worry your highness I am not working with the librarians my name is Preax, but I may be able to help you." He said this cautiously as though afraid the lion might bite his head off, which actually wasn't a very illogical fear. "I know how you can help your people in this library, there is still contact to the outside world."
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:50 am
Sujana says...

Preax had been a bother again. Generally speaking, S often ignored the story thief as much as she could--which wasn't much, considering he pried into all lives in search for the story. Perhaps he thinks it'll lead him to freedom. Perhaps he only wants to be entertained. Whatever it is, there was no point in telling Cal or Faerwin about it; not when Lionel is in his predicament.

"I told you, your Majesty," she said, calmly, "We all have a purpose here. We're here only because the Librarians want us to be here."
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

383 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:52 am
Sujana says...

S stared at Pheax, now somewhat concerned. "Pheax," she said, "You're not honestly thinking about what I'm thinking about?"

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:34 am
ty7lucky says...

Preax looked at S why did she always have to get the good stories first, it was downright unfair. He couldn't worry about that right now because there was now a raging lion counting on him. "It's dangerous," he turned to S, "Not that I care."
-Douglas Adams

383 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:35 am
Sujana says...

"You and I both know how hard it was to achieve our Library Cards--sorcerer or not, His Majesty isn't as familiar to this sort of business as we are. He wouldn't know how to get what the Librarians want." S frowned. "If he is clever for it--which I'm sure he'll tell me he is--he missed the point."

She stared at Lionel, examining the question mark in his eyes. "I don't doubt you can do anything, your Majesty," she explained, wryly, "But if you're as clever as you act like you are, you'd know the kingdom would be lost without you. As we speak, you've put both yourself and your land at great risk."

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:25 pm
ty7lucky says...

"There aren't very many other ways." Pheax sighed,"But we don't even know what the librarians want with your majesty." He looked around and noticed the librarians were getting closer, "We can't talk here."
-Douglas Adams

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:58 pm
Kelpies says...

I would prefer not to become involved in a raging temper tantrum. I decided to read a book- almost any book. I pulled one off the shelf that looked interesting. Portals, Wormholes, And Other Strange Phenomenon. it read in bold text on the cover. I opened it, allowing my mind to become completely submerged in the world of the book.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:06 pm
ty7lucky says...

Preax realizing he didn't know Flaerwin's story. "Hey S you can take King Lionel to...." He glanced at the librarians closing in."You know where."

"So my name is Preax." He stuck out a hand and put on his grin, "Do you got any good stories?"
-Douglas Adams

223 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:17 pm
Kelpies says...

"Good is a matter of perspective." I evaded the question. I didn't really want to shake his hand either- I didn't like people touching me.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:20 pm
ty7lucky says...

Preax sighed and lifted himself from the table. "Looks like I'm going with you S."
-Douglas Adams

223 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:32 pm
Kelpies says...

I was curious about these people, but I didn't actually want to deal with them. Talking to people was not one of my strong suits, and I had a feeling that I'd need a talent like that to actually interact with the people. My solution? I'd follow them, just listen to them. I learned more from listening to people than I ever did from talking to them.

I knew my logic was flawed- if I was caught the consequences would be worse than they probably would have been had I just spoken to the people.

Whatever.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:37 am
clarevelyn13 says...

A bit left in the dust, Cal held up both hands. "Ah, okay. To Cloud City then," he grumbled, and followed the group through the library, eyeing the librarians as he passed, which seemed to be both increasing in number and creepiness. "Yo."

383 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:40 am
Sujana says...

S led the group to the counter, staring at the gray-haired librarian there. "Hello, Marion," she said, as softly as she could, "Is Mr. Orville in?"

The old woman glared at her, and if she had blinked she would've missed the old woman's eyes turning an iridescent black, before flashing back to its ordinary blue form. She grumbled, pressing a button. A part of the counter pushed itself aside, leading in. "He's in the office," Marion pointed at the bookcases behind her, "The key is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe. "

S smiled. "Thank you, Marion," she pulled out something from her coat and slammed it onto the counter. A slip of paper, a snake shaped like an S drawn on it. It was stamped. "If any of the others ask, say that these people are with me."

Marion nodded, though she didn't look to S. She was too busy picking up the card, scanning it through some sort of device. S walked into the counter, pulling out the book Marion was talking about. The bookcase slid open, rock dragged against rock, leading to what looked like an abandoned tunnel. Torches lit, from the nearest to the farthest back, sensing the presence of a visitor. "Be sure not to touch anything," she said, staring at the people following her. She turned to Lionel, then, smiling. "And your Majesty? Pretend as if you aren't a king. The humble live longer."

383 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:24 am
Sujana says...

Orville was a dark-skinned man, not quite human, but almost. He had three eyes--two ordinary ones, with gold irises, and one on his forehead, with a black one--two hands, two feet, and thousands of books nailed to the walls of his small basement-like office. His footsteps sounded like a challenge, which never sat well with S. "Letterwoman," he greeted, standing up from his oaken desk, "Marion sent me your card. She says you have guests with you?"

"Yes," S answered, as laconically as she could--words were weapons when it came to Orville, and she didn't want to give him any knives he could stab her with, "One is in a predicament. He'd like to go back home."

Orville looked at her, curiously, before turning to the Lion Man behind her. "Lionel the Third," he smiled, walking towards him, "Good to see you, finally. I've been reading about what's happening in your country. You've come for Cloud City, yes?"

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream