Young Writers Society

Time for a Talk

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:52 pm
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

*gestures behind Sarah* There's a ghost behind you. She was the one who just told me. Sorry if I came out as stalkerish and creepy! I really should have thought of that before I spoke. *looks down at feet in embarrassment*

*finally looks up* Oh, I'm Schadel! Schadel Kueper of Schadel's Necromancy Agency!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:47 am
BellaRoma says...

Mercy

So wait, was that how you knew my real name as well? Ghosts? I don't usually tell anyone my name because, well, this body isn't a hundred percent mine...
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:10 am
Sujana says...

Kale Nei Li

Don't we all know our names here? I mean, there are names in bold right above the text. It's all quite obvious.

Cecilia

Be quiet, Kale dear, no one's interested in your mad talk.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:15 am
soundofmind says...

Amy

You're quite bold to say that, Kale. *smiles goofily to herself because of the pun and points finger guns at Kale*
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

383 Reviews

Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:18 am
Sujana says...

Kale

Am I the only ones who see them? I mean, they're quite evident. Nice pun, by the way, Ms. Amy. And why do you have a picture of a crying woman beside you? Are you sad?

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:34 am
soundofmind says...

Amy

Uh... *looks to her side and sees the picture* Ya know, I really don't know. I'm not sad, really... but hey, I could ask you the same question! Why do ya got a smokin' man profile by your name? Do you smoke? Are you always facing left???

383 Reviews

Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:39 am
Sujana says...

Kale

Huh? *looks to left* Oh my. Well, I don't know either! I guess that could be one of my cousins. They smoke a lot down in China. But then again, he is Caucasian, so that would be unlikely.

Cecilia

*stares at the left* I'm not sure if I have an eye problem or if you two are just plain mad.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:49 am
soundofmind says...

Amy

Or MAYBE you are the ones who are mad. You never REALLY know! *wiggles fingers and makes spooky "oooo" noises*

Kale, you and I are on the same page. Don't worry, bro, I got your back.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:14 am
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

I'm guessing that the bold names is how the ghost knew...And now she's gone. Weird. She didn't even say her own name. Wonder where she went off to! *keeps glancing about for ghost*

I call myself a detective and I didn't even notice the bold names...*sighs* Well, nice to meet you, Kale. I'm Schadel of Schadel's Necromancy Agency. *holds out hand*

So, what do you guys do for a living?
mage

queer and here.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:02 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Sarah

*sigh* My author is quite constricting. He doesn't allow me to see anything above this... paragraph. Despite me having superhero abilities like stopping time, replicating myself, and rapid healing.

Sunglow

It is called author's authority, Sarah. We are quite unfortunate to have one that is strong with it.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

383 Reviews

Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:10 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

Cyril

Sister, who are these people?

Cecilia

I have absolutely no idea. Go make us a kettle of tea, won't you, brother? I have a feeling we might be here a while.

Kale

Author? Oh, do you mean God? *thinks slowly* Well, my God doesn't refrain us from doing much. He--She-- They're very confused on what They're supposed to do after They've made everything. But I suppose They only give the ability to see past the fourth wall to a special few. *looks at Schadel* Well, I'm sure the ghost has something important to do. It would be wasting both our times searching for them. And while we're on the topic, a Necromancy Agency, you say? Didn't you mention you were a detective? Is it a part time job?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:53 pm
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

It's actually both! I mean....I haven't gotten a job yet, so it will be one...eventually....*coughs* Schadel's Necromancy Agency is the place to go if you have a mystery or a ghost problem that needs solving. It's really useful being able to communicate with ghosts if you're trying to solve a murder. Um, I think it will, anyways.
mage

queer and here.

102 Reviews

Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:27 pm
View Likes
BellaRoma says...

Mercy

What is this - a flash mob, since I've been gone?
I haven't gone anywhere! Whole conversations just keep happening without me!
Like I say, I give Layla's name 'cause the body is ultimately hers. She's the other person in here.

Neither of us do too well in a crowd like this one.... Who's coming? Who's going? Who's talking? You try keeping track when they're all wearing white, too! That's pretty much what it's like at - at -

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:57 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Amy

Yeah, I'm not really trackin' half the time either, Layla.

102 Reviews

Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:55 am
View Likes
BellaRoma says...

Layla

I try my hardest, but I always lose it as soon as a couple of people start talking. This includes Mercy (and I do wonder whether she realises that, sometimes), so you can imagine the ball I have most of the time.
Don't mind her snappishness. It's not you guys, it's her usual way. Manners weren't really a priority where I/we grew up. No one cared or noticed, which I understand is not their fault, but...

You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
— Uncle Iroh