z

Young Writers Society

Assassins Child

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:52 am
MariaRowlands50 says...

Hey all! Been a while since I've been on here. So this is basically a refresher for me. My character is Caroline May Butler. Adopted by John Butler at age 4 after an unfortunate 'accident' involving her house/prison, fire and her abusive father and step-mother. She is not all she seems as she is the daughter of two assassins and John, while being on the police force, is really an assassin. Having trouble writing chapter one so I hope this can help me!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:30 am
MariaRowlands says...

This is my thing. I'm the same person. Different profile. I got my original profile back.
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:13 pm
FallWolf says...

Spoiler! :
Character name: Alysa Marq
Age, description, etc.: Alysa is fifteen, height 4'5, hair color white blonde (dyed black though) eye color violet.
Backstory: Alysa's parents died when she was just four years old. She was put into foster care, which she stayed in only six years before running. She lived in a "bad" part of town, and was put to use by the local gangs for small jobs. She is very good at disguising herself and was used for various reasons. Two years ago she ran again, and is now just wandering.

Alysa
I kicked the rock again, sending it clattering away, bouncing off a concrete wall. I walked to it, considered picking it up, kicked it again. My stomach growled, angry after being fed a sandwich only to be deprived again. Thankfully, water's abundant in the city.

You should have stayed. But I'm Runner. I don't stay, I don't make friends, I don't 'settle down'. And above all, I will never depend on someone else to take care of me.
You should have stayed. At least there was food.

The rock clatters into the shadows. I had been having this mental conversation with myself ever since the sandwich incident. But I couldn't go back, not to foster care, not to Black Gull and his gang.

People pass by me, like always. Who needs to be invisible? All you need are some dirty clothes and an empty stomach.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:53 am
MariaRowlands says...

Caroline May switches on the alarm system to the office. Last to leave. Again. She thinks with a sigh. Slamming the door shut, it locks automatically. Everyday has had the same routine since dropping out of high school and starting to do office work in 10th grade. Only, today her routine was thrown out of wack by a strange man, that only she saw, walking up to her desk and placing an envelope on top of a pile of paper work before leaving she tried to follow him out but he had disappeared the second he left her room. A room that is coincidentally full of people. She had stayed back over two hours going through tapes to see where disappeared to. But he never showed up on any of them. The only person she knew who could do that was her adoptive father, Officer John Butler. With his dark brown hair and sapphire eyes as well as his Brazilian skin tone, he would be easily identified. That and the officer uniform would give it away too. Nobody visited the petite little blonde at work other than her father. Lost in thought, Caroline failed to notice the young raven-haired girl standing in front of her until she had ran into her back, effectively, knocking the both of them over.
"Oh by the gods! I'm so terribly sorry!" Caroline scrambles to stand and attempts to help the girl up. The girl just glares at her in response.
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

To answer before listening—that is folly and shame.
— Proverbs 18:13