z

Young Writers Society

PMD Craziness

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:28 pm
BrumalHunter says...

AstralHunter/Chase Forrester

"So you thought you could catch me with the cheapest ball on the market, huh? Good luck with that, Poopsie, but if it's really a battle you want, then let's get started." The Charizard grinned wickedly.

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

@AstralHunter dashed to the kitchen (the encounter was taking place outside his house, much to his brother's amusement), fetched the leftover popcorn from the weekend's movie night, and ran back to the arena, where a @Charizard821 was facing off against a @Poopsie Trainer. The latter had just attempted to catch the former in a Pokéball.

"Okay, hold on!" AstralHunter called, preventing the battle from starting. "All of us aren't present yet. @Robusto, @15253, @Tortwag, @Buggiedude2340, and @TheSilverFox still need to arrive."

"I'm not waiting for my roast pidgeon!" the Charizard exclaimed.

His words were barely cold before he reheated them by snorting fire. It was meant to be an intimidating action, but AstralHunter found it amusing.

"Fine, but then I need to lay down some rules first."

He pulled a scroll, quill, and inkpot from hammerspace and scribbled furiously. When he was done, he approached the wooden table outside the property - for the house was located in a sprawling grassland, and they therefore had ample space all around them - and literally laid the instructions down on the table. He gestured for the two combatants to come closer.

AstralHunter wrote:
RULES

1. Introduce yourself by your username, but employ a character name for yourself thereafter, e.g. "AstralHunter" will be known henceforth as "Chase Foresster".
2. Involve no-one outside the PMD cast; this is an in-house thing. Make use of NPCs instead, since they are more malleable.
3. Unless given explicit permission by the approrpiate SBers, don't control any characters that aren't you or don't belong to you. Even so, try to be reasonable in your actions; don't be invincible or anything like that, since it leads to boredom quite quickly.
4. You may transform into a total of three Pokémon - they needn't be of a separate evolutionary line. Legendaries are banned, of course. Oh, and no choosing Pokémon that have already been chosen."
5. In case you were wondering, we are the Pokémon, yes, but that means we can also be captured. International law says that capturing people is human trafficking, but capturing Pokémon is sport. However, there is a cooldown, so if you just transformed - from human→Pokémon or Pokémon→human (Pokémon→Pokémon doesn't work), you must wait five in-universe minutes before changing again.
6. Keep the posts relatively short and easy to follow.
7. You may still only carry six Pokémon on you at any time, but since each person can become three... well, connect the dots.
8. Colour code the text if it becomes difficult to distinguish the speakers. (I'll only give myself a colour for now.)
9. Oh, and write in the third person past tense.

"That's a lot of rules for something that started out as casual roleplay."

"This is casual roleplay."

The Charizard gave Chase, as AstralHunter would have to start calling himself, a sceptical look.

"Well, semi-casual, at least. By the way, I dibs Lucario before you claim him again. And Gardevoir. And... hmm, I want a canine, but which to choose? Manectric or Houndoom?"

"Lucario is a canine."

"Fair enough. All right, I'll leave him if you agree to leave him."

"I can't promise that."

"That's good enough for me. So, I have Gardevoir, and then... either Manectric or Houndoom. What the heck, I have a dark side too - I'll take Houndoom."

"You have one left."

"Right! Huh, this one will be difficult."

"Why am I being ignored?" Poopsie asked.

"Because you're a Pidove," the Charizard jested.

"You know, you're gonna belong to me once Astral is done thinking."

"How many times?!" Chase asked exasperatedly. ""How many times must I tell you that "Astral" is an adjective, not a noun, so it can't be a name? Besides, it's Chase, now."

"Whatever. Listen, I can choose your third Pokémon for you."

"No! Definitely no- Wait a minute. Sure. The third Pokémon has to be chosen by someone else."

"Who gets to choose?"

"Whoever arrives first, but you may only choose for one other person. Make it an uncommon choice, but not one so ridiculous, the person will never use it."

Poopsie grinned. If Chase hadn't known better, he might have been looking at the Shell Master himself.

Help.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:34 pm
TheSilverFox says...

TheSilverFox/Cerin Kassander

"Well, in that case," said Silver, who strode into the large grassland where everyone else had gathered, surprising all those assembled, "since I have been summoned here, and have arrived first, your third Pokemon will be a Granbull. That should be uncommon enough, shouldn't it?" He flashed a grin before asking, "And might I ask what this is?"

"Casual roleplay," replied Hunter, who regained his composure at once and gestured Silver towards a wooden table where a scroll had been laid down.

Silver scanned over the paper with an intently focused expression, reading the instructions for a minute. Afterwards, rubbing his chin in a minute of deliberation, he finally mumbled, mostly to himself, "Cerin."

"Excuse me?"

"Cerin." Silver restated in a louder voice, partly to himself and partly to Hunter. "I believe it means 'little dark one,' but I forgot where the definition came from. But that's not important. It'll make a perfect first name. And now, all I need is a suave last one. One that captures my...personality, so to speak. Yes, Kassander, that'll be wonderful. You may now all call me Cerin Kassander, or just Cerin, for short."

After a few more seconds of bewilderment on the part of everyone else, Hunter explained his character name. Cerin nodded, asking, while gesturing in the general direction of the duo of @Poopsie and @Charizard821, who seemed to be having some kind of an argument, "So, are we going to begin this battle? It seems they're both eager to start fighting."

"Not yet," replied Chase, "@Tortwag, @Robusto, @Buggiedude2340, and @15253 haven't shown up yet. Besides, you need to choose the Pokemon you want to transform into."

While, for a second, Cerin was going to ask Chase how he'd pronounced those hashtags, he chose rather to think of his options.

"Ah yes, I had forgotten. Well..." he began, after a minute of silence, "...Oh, what the heck, let's go outside of my comfort zone. My first choice is Golurk, and my second is...Alakazam."

"And let's just hope that the next person who comes is lenient," finished Cerin, smiling in a slightly unnerved manner, before waving towards the next person who entered the field...
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:28 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Buggiedude2340/Val-pal

Unfortunately for that person, she had absolutely no idea what was going on. Having been at band camp for the past three days, Buggie hadn't been briefed in any chatrooms or private chatbar sessions, and she wasn't expecting to be transported to another continent while working on her statistics homework.

"This doesn't look like the desert," she said, clicking the end of her pen. "And why is there a Pidove?"

"Casual roleplay," chorused the oddball group in front of her. Oh. Not only was there a Pidove, but a Charizard, too. How could Buggie have missed that?

Scratching the back of her neck, Buggie continued clicking her pen. "Okay? This is unexpected. How do I go back home? I have stats homework due tomorrow, and my mom doesn't approve of me hanging out with only boys. Besides, I have reviews to be catching up on."

One of the boys, the older one, shrugged. "You can probably delay for a short while. Did you read the rules?"

"Are you Hunter?" Buggie asked. "You look different from how I imagined. You too, @Charizard821. I was expecting someone taller."

"That's kind of rude," the Charizard said. "Also, he's Chase now, and the younger one is Cerin, a.k.a Silver."

Buggie stopped clicking her pen and tittered sheepishly. "Oh right, rule number one. Uh... I guess you all can call me Val-pal? No 'Val' though, and don't accidentally type my real name, Chase."

"That sounds suspiciously like a username."

"It's what this kid in my ecology class calls me. Just don't question it. Now I believe I was supposed to pick Cerin's third Pokemon?"

After some grumbling about having someone whose leniency levels were cloudy, Cerin offered a shaky smile and gestured for Val-pal to continue.

Making a show of the process, Val-pal scrunched up her face and pushed her glasses up her nose before striking a dorky detective pose. She squeezed her eyes shut and lingered there for a few seconds, only relaxing when her face muscles decided they'd had enough. (Her face was already dead from band camp, anyways, so this didn't take too long.)

"Alright," she finally announced. "I think I've got it. Cerin, you get Milotic. Now me, right?"

Though Cerin breathed a sigh of what was hopefully relief, the rest of the group, including the Pidove, only nodded in exasperation.

"Cerin literally already set a precedent for this," the Charizard groaned.

Val-pal considered going through the old thinking spiel again, but noticed the Pidove's glare (who was that, anyways, @Poopsie?) and decided against it. Speaking with her theater voice, albeit sped up a tad, she broadcasted her two Pokemon choices. "I pick Quilava and Amaura! Now then, out of @Robusto, @Tortwag, and @15253, who will decide my fate?"
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:42 pm
StupidSoup says...

15253 | Awesome Mc Better Than You

Astral, or rather Chase, glared furiously at 15253 as he entered the grassy field.

Apparently that person will be 15253

Said numbers smiled.

Hey. From now on you will address me as Awesome Mc Better than you. Follow the rules bro.

Astral glowered while both Char and Poopsie laughed hysterically. Buggie simply looked confused.

Hey. In any case, I'm choosing whoseywhatsits new pokemon pal or whatever. So without further ado. I choose Metapod.

Now it was Buggie's turn to glower at Awesome Mc Better than you.

Are you serious? Why would I need a Metapod?

Awesome Mc Better than you smirked.

Because I said so.

Both Char and Poopsie had been reduced to puddles of giggling hysteria. Astral had gone to his happy place to escape the sheer stupidity emanating from 15253's mouth.

Hey, look on the bright side. Now all we need is @Poopsie, @Charizard821, and @Tortwag to post.

Chase, who had mistakenly named himself after a bank, returned from his happy place, seeing as people were actually talking sense now.

Not necessarily. We still need you to choose your Pokémon.

Can I choose three of the same?

Chase simply glared at him.

Fine, fine. Ill take a Metapod and a Beldum. Now it up to those other fools I mentioned to give me a ClefableImeanwhat?

But Awesome Mc Better than You knew what he'd said. He turned to face the remaining participants and smiled what he hoped was a knowing smile and not a creepyewgetoutofmyfaceyoustalkerIfIknewwhereyoulivedyouwouldntwakeuptomorrow smile.

Its up to you guys now.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:46 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Chase Forrester

Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience...

The former 15253 seemed to have stopped talking, so Chase deemed it safe to exit his supposed "happy place". Gardevoirs were primarily Psychic, which meant reading minds was well within in their abilities. Sadly, Chase hadn't even tried to read the object of his irritation's thoughts - he simply left them around for anyone to hear. Judging by Cerin's contorted facial expressions, he had heard it too.

Chase wanted to ask 15253 to be more guarded with his mind, but he'd probably continue to do so, except with enthusiasm. Oh, and then there was the matter of his name...

"I'll settle for calling you McBeta, 15253, but only because it's a pun on the second letter of the Greek alphabet, in addition to satisfying your ego."

"What?"

"It's a paradox. I shouldn't expect you to understand. And by the way, my colour is navy, so you literally just type colour=navy in square brackets. Also, there is no way I'm memorising #00BF40 or quoting your post to find the colour each time, so I'll settle for another colour. Perhaps spring green. No, that's too light. Lime green."

"Bro, you can't change my colour!"

"In my posts I can. Besides, it looks almost exactly the same. VP, I'm not remembering #800040 either, so I'll give you crimson. Say something."

"Something."

"Now, say something else."

"Something else."

"No, medium violet red doesn't work."

"Really, Hunter-"

"It's Chase in here, but no, purple also doesn't work."

"#800040 isn't that difficult to remember. And there is no similar BBCoding for it. Stop being lazy."

"Fine. Oh, and McBeta, keep the language PG. I didn't think it was necessary to say that. And one last thing - according to rule number four, you may not choose any Pokémon already chosen, and you chose Metapod for VP."

"Does that mean I have to choose another Pokémon?"

"Either for her or for you, yes."

"Aren't you breaking the posting order?" the Charizard asked.

"Unless I specify anything - being the creator of this topic is McBeta's preferred first name - there is no posting order. Of course, it's ironic that you of all people should ask."

"I'd make up an excuse, but I'm not technically here, and you don't know my circumstances."

"Precisely."

"What do we do now? The battle's epic build-up went up in smoke yesterday already."

"He made a pun!" VP said, delighted.

"I'd like to claim credit for that. Anyway, since Cerin handed me a tomato (I actually eat lemons), I decided my first adventure will be to go on some daring quest to find a powerful item that will allow me to change my third and assigned form to a random Pokémon of the item's type."

"That's cheating!" Cerin exclaimed, his self-contented smile gone.

"Not really, since anyone can do the same. But hey, if you're the one who cursed me and I'm the one who has to go on an adventure to break the curse, that makes you the antagonist and me the protagonist." Chase grinned, hoping to provoke a reaction. He got one, all right, but from the wrong person.

"Pfft, you must all bow to my awesomeness. If anyone's the protagonist, it's me."

"You're more like the comic relief that ends up being killed at the end of the story. Or halfway through. If you even get to survive the exposition."

"Weeds don't perish, Astral."

"That's true, Pidgeon, though I'd wish you'd-"

"Not gonna happen."

Chase sighed. "I tried." As if remembering a forgotten topic, he suddenly exclaimed, "@Tortwag, I flashed your signal twice already! Where are you? I'm tempted to spite McBeta by giving him Klefki instead of Clefable, but I might have to save it for someone else. However, that means Pidgeon can give him what he wants if he posts instead. If you posted first, you could avoid that, and I could give you your third form."

"You know, I might give Numbers-"

"It's Awesome McBetter than you."

"You know, I might give Terrible McScrubbier than you something worse."

"We'll have to wait and see, I guess."
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor