z

Young Writers Society

Want to play a game?

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:26 am
Amnesia says...

They know your every thought so be careful of what you think and try to find out who "They" are and find a way out of their twisted game alive. From the twisted ways of doing a task to a safe zone you have to run to get to, you're fighting to survive. Oh and if you even think of turning to the police you will be terminated remotely because how else would they trust you to play the game outside a facility. Remember find out who they are and find a way out with your allies.

Rules: Typical rules

Spoiler! :
character name:
hair colour:
eye colour:
any special abilities:
backstory (optional):
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:10 pm
FallWolf says...

One second I was waiting for Jayson to catch up. We were on some uninhabited planet, and magenta blooms were exploding around me in the early spring weather. For once the malfunctioning Vortex Machine had brought us to a peaceful place with no brain games and evil (or sometimes not-so-evil) villains.

Then I was here.

It wasn't like anything I had seen or felt before. There was no flash of color, nothing, really. Just a fade... of everything.

I stare at the wall in front of me. It's grey, with tiny white lines criss-crossing about, just like the other five walls. No flora or fauna, nothing but the grey walls. I remembered something from a book I read long ago, when I still lived with my family on a starship that flew across the galaxies. Apparently, this is a torture technique. Apparently, people go mad after a while, staring at the criss-cropssing lines, trying to find the door. Slowly I sat, thinking hard.

I can't go crazy. I have to find Jayson.

He must be going crazy himself, wondering where I am.

Wait a sec, am I claustrophobic?

No, it's just the room.

"Hey, let me out of here! Actually, you may want to leave me in here until I cool down. I never said I came in peace," I yell at the walls. They don't answer, of course. Sort of duh.

I groan and flop back. I don't like the silence. There's to much time to think... to many things to think about....

I slam myself back to my feet and start pacing, studying/glaring at the wall. Just because I can't see it doesn't mean there isn't a door. I just have to be smart, be more than just a sarcastic Starbeast for a couple seconds until I can find Jayson again.

They watch the girls futile attempts to get out of the room. Little does the girl know, there is no door. There's no roof either, but no-one has figured that out yet. They snicker as she yells at them, her voice sounding tinny and scared through hidden speakers. I click away at my keyboard, monitoring the billion other cells full of other candidates. Some are still, cold. I send cleaning bots to go collect the bodies. Always, a line of text plays over the top of my screen.

"Do you want to play a game?"

Spoiler! :
Hola Amnesia, I hope I haven't stolen anything by showing a hint of "them"! If I have, just say and I'll delete that part of my post =)

character name: Winkleilia Bomade
occupation: Jumps through dimensions with her geeky friend, Jayson, while trying to find their dimension again.
education: About typical of a home-schooled 15 year-old who likes reading (That's me! =P)
hair colour: ebony/brown/black with hints of black gold, slightly wavy and thick.
eye colour: Grey-blue
any special abilities: Yeah, she's an alien. Starbeastian, a big black cat with feather wings, about the size of a pony, that can transform into a humanoid body and back again in a matter of seconds
backstory (optional): Wink's race was almost genocided by another alien race. She jettisoned out of her starship when it was attacked, and landed on earth near Jasper, Alberta, where she met geeky but smart Jayson. Desperate to find out what happened to her family, especially her younger sister, Wink enrolled Jayson's help in fixing her ship. Unfortunately, before the ship could be completed, Jayson and Wink were pulled into an inter-dimensional adventure (see Crossed Canons for some of that story =P) and finally ending up in the wrong dimension and a Starbeastian device called the Vortex Machine. Now they jump dimensions (aka stories on YWS) trying to get home.
Personality spunky and sarcastic, but with quite the bite (trust me, she has cat-teeth.) She can seem really strange because she switches between an angry, desperate teen far from home and cool-as-a-cat-on-a-freshly-frozen-iceberg somewhat crazy and sarcastic girl.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:59 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

Oliver Roberts:

Eyes opening. Head aching. Grey walls surrounding him, his body turned frigid by the cold stone ground. With a grunt, Oliver sat up and leaned his back against the nearest wall. He looked around. To anyone else, judging by his behavior, it would have looked like this was something he went through every day. However, he was panicking on the inside.

However, he didn't allow himself to panic on the outside. He stood. He looked around the room, searching for any exit. "Okay." He said aloud. He wasn't crazy by any means, but it helped him to think if he talked. "There is no visible exit. I am completely enclosed. "There are criss-crossing lines. They aren't here for no reason, which means that they're important."

He paces forward to the nearest wall, and pushes his palm flat against the wall. "But what do they mean?" He walked around the room, dragging his hand across the cold surface. He looked up. Another grey ceiling. He looked down his body. Grey jumpsuit. Except for his hair skin and eyes, there was nothing but grey.

He surveyed his surroundings and found, barely noticeable, a black box in the corner. A camera. He stared coldly at hit, and hoped that they weren't looking for a reaction. He sat on the ground, leaned against the wall, and studied the wall in front of him. He would win this.
"When in doubt, improvise!"
-Winny the woodpecker

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:01 pm
Featherstone says...

Auryon Blackthorn "the Viper"

education: High School
hair colour: Auburn
eye colour: Brown
any special abilities: Very physically strong and agile.
backstory (optional): -unknown-
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:13 pm
Amnesia says...

Emma was surprised that no one had seen the camera in the top corner of the room, she watched them all wake up. She had to give them something to survive or this game would kill them. She looked around for the intercom,

"Do you want to play a game?" she said. She shuddered she hated sounding like her mother.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:30 am
Featherstone says...

I rolled to my feet, touching my throbbing head. Last thing I remembered I'd been walking along the alleyways back home at night. I felt a surge of pain, then...then...I was here.

A camera perched in the corner, watching me with its single glass eye. I glared at it and sat up, glancing around.

"Do you want to play a game?" A voice asked behind me. I spun.

"What kind of game?"
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:49 am
ellasnotebook says...

Spoiler! :
character name: Lola Peters
education: A well educated, smarter than average Junior in high-school. She's ditsy though. She's a real ditz.
hair colour: Black
eye colour: A very dark brown
any special abilities: She can play the piano and sing, and is generally good with music. She can defend herself in a fight decently for reasons that her backstory doesn't delve to deeply in.
backstory (optional): She lived with her Dad and her older brother Nicholas in a big city. They were very happy even though money was tight. Nicholas got involved with a bad crowd which ultimately ended in him getting arrested. Her dad sent Lola off to live with her (estranged) maternal grandparents until everything got sorted out and things got a little safer. She loves her grandparents (even though they strongly dislike her father), and has been relatively stable living with them.

I open my eyes in a daze, and the black of the back of my eyelids slowly fades to gray ceilings. That's odd. It isn't the cheerful yellow of my new room I'd only just gotten used to. I roll over. They must have just painted the walls while I was asleep. The few seconds it takes me to realize that that isn't possible is, quite frankly, alarming. It is also enough time for panic to take root in my chest. I jolt upright. I'm in a small gray room. One wall has criss-crossing lines on it, and the feeling they give me is enough to make me turn away from it. I look down. I'm wearing a gray jumpsuit. This isn't mine. I would never wear anything like this. I feel panic start to rise, like a knot in my throat. I press my hands against the cold walls, feeling for a way out.
"H-Hello?" I say, my voice scratchy after sleeping. No reply. "Can anyone hear me? Hello?"
No one answers. I'm completely alone, in an unknown place, with no idea of how I got here, or why I'm even here in the first place.
Think, Lola, I close my eyes, desperate to keep the panic at bay, What would Nick do?
Nick would probably start kicking the walls and threatening the very air he was breathing in. Still, though, he would be doing something. But he's not here. It's just me.
I sit down in the corner of the room away from the criss-crossing wall and sit. I wrap my arms around my legs, and bury my face in my arms. Little, hot tears roll out one after the other as I struggle to breathe. Suddenly, I hear a crackling noise. A woman's voice breaks the silence of the room.
"Do you want to play a game?" she says. I leap to my feet, spinning around wildly to find where it came from. It must be coming from some sort of intercom.
"What do...wha...What do you-err-mean?" I stutter.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:01 am
clarevelyn13 says...

Spoiler! :

character name: Beckland Red
education: senior in high school
hair colour: dirty blonde
eye colour: deep blue
any special abilities: physically fit, with incredible endurance (a track athlete); is also ingenuous, particularly good at inventing.
backstory: Generally pretty tough all-around, it's not very often Beck shows any softness. He has grown up without his mother and with a barely-present father. His greatest weakness is his little sister Aggie, who he will do anything for. He's gotten into trouble in the past, stealing from a local grocer.

Beckland opened his eyes, squinting at the peculiar light in the room. Well, he assumed it was a room. It felt like a small, enclosed space, as as he looked around he stared at the remarkable sameness of it all. It was empty, yet full of...something. White, crisscrossing lines everywhere, even on the ceiling, which seemed to bend down at the center. It was a bunch of nothing...but obviously a whole lot of something. He felt...watched.

Slowly, Beck stood, and felt the soreness of his muscles. He took everything in, including his...uniform. Everything seemed normal except - where was Aggie? Why couldn't he remember how he'd gotten here? More importantly- what was here?

A crackling voice distracted his thoughts momentarily as it asked, "Want to play a game?"

Beckland scowled, frustration overpowering fear for the moment. He become suddenly aware of the heat in the room. "What is this, Saw?" he called out to the something.

Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato