z

Young Writers Society

The Library

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:07 am
Kelpies says...

The Library... Such a misleading name. Yes, it's full of books, but it's also full of the kind of creatures most people only find inside books. These creatures range from real creatures like the tiger, the dog, even the pigeon, to creatures from fairy tales and fables, such as basilisks and dragons. And science fiction creatures such as aliens, zombies, and so many more. These creatures prowl the library, but it is possible that they will not find you. The only way to overcome the creatures is to use the books, and the knowledge within. Each book contains secrets in need of decoding, how to tame these creatures. There are only two of each creature, and once you learn their secrets you can tame them. They will protect you at all costs, even their own lives. Once both of a species is dead, they aren't coming back. Once you are dead, you have two choices, re-appear at a new location, or opt out of the role play. (PM me for other options.) Characters can choose one relatively harmless animal to start out knowing how to tame.

Rules:
1. Controlling someone else's character is OUT.
2. No content above PG-13.
3. Put your characters name in bold at the top of your entry. The code for bold is
Code: Select all
[b](Name here)[/b]
if you are being mysterious, question marks are acceptable, but discouraged after your character has introduced themselves.
4. Have fun!

Cassidy Greenowl

I Woke up on top of a book case. That wouldn't have been so bad, but I could hear something breathing. I usually woke up to the sound of breathing, but usually from my greyhound. This... Didn't sound like Honeybadger to say the least. It sounded bigger, much bigger. I peeked over the edge of the bookcase, and almost wet my pants at what I saw.

It was a ghastly creature, covered in slime and the air around it smelled horrible. It was like a great mound of ghastly things and... Death. I gagged, hoping it wouldn't hear me. It circled the shelf on which I was perched. I picked up a particularly heavy book from below me, maybe I could use it as a weapon. When the slime-creature was on the other side, I ran for it, book in hand.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:36 pm
ThatAndalite says...

???

I woke up in a pile of books. Seriously, a pile of BOOKS! Like that was even weirder than what I was used to - corpses, strapped on a table, surrounded by zombies. It seemed.. kind of normal, actually. Maybe the Game had just been a dream. Maybe she had been stuck in the Aoi High School library the whole time..

Looking around to confirm this, I couldn't find my friend from the game. The one who had always been there for me. I missed him. A lot.

Then I heard it. Footsteps above me, and breathing. Wicked, horrid breathing.. it was like I was in the Game all over again.

Then I noticed something really important - these books were nothing like the ones in Aoi High School. They were titled in different languages that I couldn't understand.. and some of them were just covered in pictures. I had no idea how to decode this.

I wasn't in any old library.
~the bab(thatandalite)

223 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:48 pm
Kelpies says...

Cassidy Greenowl

When I had put a decent amount of distance between myself and the creature, I paused to look at the book. It was scuffed and worn, but that wasn't part of the equation. The real question was; why was the title written in pig latin?

I opened it, still walking. The front page contained information about, of all things, garter snakes. I found this incredibly ironic, for reasons I hoped no one discovered.

I was too busy reading to look where I was going, and I ran into something. I looked up, only I could look away for a few minutes and come face-to-face with a zombie. My arms shrank two inches each, I could feel my bracelets becoming looser. Not knowing what else to do, I started beating the thing over the head with the book, and fear was setting in.

Oh god.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

25 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:58 pm
ThatAndalite says...

???

I walked around for some time, though something smelled awfully gross somewhere.. it smelled like Zed or whatever. But hey, it also smelled sort of delicious. Then again, I had a habit of eating Zed, just to become infected and torture other members of the Game..

So, if I couldn't find Jack, was this still the Game? After al-- what was that noise? It was like someone was beating something over the head with a book..

Wait, it was! Ahead, there was some girl doing just that. I nearly tripped over my floor-length pink hair as I ran over, and I pushed the girl away from the undead creature she was beating. It just happened to be a creature from the Game - a Zed.

"STOP!" I screamed.
~the bab(thatandalite)

223 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:40 pm
Kelpies says...

Cass

When someone pushed me away, I was just about to start beating it with the book as well. Was it-Human? Or was this some sort of trick? It didn't really matter, when she pushed me away a mirage swept over my body and then left. For the briefest moment, I had been covered in scales. Much longer, and I'd lose my mind.

"It's a freaking zombie!" I yelled. "Are you going to tell me to calm down now miss. Crazy?"

25 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:50 pm
ThatAndalite says...

???

"Yes, I'm telling you to calm down! It's just a Class 1 Zed, jeez!" I yelled at the other girl. Seriously, she was gonna tell me what to tell her?! No way! I am my own woman, lady! Or.. well, girl. Whatever she was.

"Just watch and learn," I stated, then turning to the zombie. It groaned, staring at me. Yep, it was definitely a Class 1 Zed. Otherwise, it would have already been on me. And so, I clenched my hand, and acted like something was in it.

"Here boy, here! Here ya go!" I pretended to throw something behind it, and the zombie shambled towards the imaginary object that I threw.

"Hah.. that always works on Class 1's.." I murmured.
~the bab(thatandalite)

223 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:58 pm
Kelpies says...

Cass

I wasn't going to calm down, I wasn't scared anymore, but adrenaline was in my bloodstream, and I had to use that energy. So where did it go? Now I was extremely mad, and drilled Miss. Crazy with questions.

"Where the hell am I? Did you bring me here? How do you possess such knowledge of these creatures?"

25 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:04 pm
ThatAndalite says...

???

"Why wouldn't I know about creatures I've been stuck with for five plus years?!" I yelled, leering at the other girl. "And hell no, I didn't bring you here or whatever you're talking about - I have no idea what this place is either!"

At this yelling, the Zed came lumbering back, black tongue hanging out of its mouth like a dog. I paid no attention to it, even as it reached out for me.

Once it touched me though, I spun right around. "What?! Go get the food!" I did the same thing as I did before, and the Zed tilted its head. Seriously, the dumb thing was just acting like a dog at this point..
~the bab(thatandalite)

223 Reviews

Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:13 am
Kelpies says...

Cass

I really wanted to argue, but quite honestly, it's hard to do that when a small snake slithers into your shoes. I yanked it out of my shoe, careful not to hurt the poor thing. It proceeded to bite me, latching onto my thumb with it's teeth.

It must have tasted something funny because it let go, and hid in my hair. I couldn't raise my voice with such a cute little thing around.

25 Reviews

Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:20 pm
ThatAndalite says...

???

"Seriously? What if that thing was venomous?" I asked, watching the other girl mess around with the snake. I turned back to the Class 1 Zed, and patted it on the head.

"Might as well keep it, since it won't scram.." I murmured. I couldn't believe the other girl. Snakes? Might as well be playing around with scorpions.. as for Zed, those I really like. They're not too hard to train or get around, unless they're higher than Class 1, of course, but still..! Zombies are cute to me. Really. I could ramble on forever about it, or whatever..
~the bab(thatandalite)

223 Reviews

Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:26 pm
Kelpies says...

Cass

"It's a garter snake, otherwise known as a garden snake. They're not venomous, and are quite harmless." She thought for a moment. "Hey, sorry about overreacting. I have a tendency to misjudge creatures. Like some people misjudge snakes or spiders, I misjudge people."

25 Reviews

Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:31 pm
ThatAndalite says...

???

"Well, people misjudge zombies, too, but they can really be quite tame," I replied, then waving my hand in front of the Class 1 Zed. Its eyes slowly followed, its tongue still sticking out.

"Anyways, my name is Akira. Akira Dokokashira. So, what's yours? And also, s'up?"

[Her last name was redacted, to those who didn't know yet.. I accidentally misspelled it in the groups that she's featured in.]
~the bab(thatandalite)

223 Reviews

Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:40 pm
Kelpies says...

Cass

"I'm Cassidy Greenowl, but I honestly prefer just to be called Cass. People who have seen all my pets sometimes call me Python."

25 Reviews

Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:40 pm
ThatAndalite says...

Akira Dokokashira

"You have a lot of pets? I deal with zombies every day.. or, well, pretty much every scenario.." I said.

"So, you have no idea where we are, either, right? Because this doesn't seem like the Game at all.. normally there's hordes of Zed trying to get a piece of action from me, not just one.."
~the bab(thatandalite)

223 Reviews

Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:54 pm
Kelpies says...

Cass

"You wouldn't happen to know what that big blob I saw back there was? Big, slimy, smelled like death? Covered in spikes?" I questioned. "Because I've never seen it before in my life."

ask not what u can do for ur bones but of what ur bones can do for u
— Carina