Young Writers Society

The Rift

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Spoiler! :
@soundofmind You did fine. ^.^ Sorry I wasn't more clear. :smt016 They ran outside, toward an old spooky victorian esque building. That is the kitchen they are in now.

40 Reviews

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:51 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Micka

Micka was trying his best to catch up with everything that had been happening. Schadel, Ann, Knightare... who was really called Neodros? A grim reaper? The word was unfamiliar to him, but it sent chills up his spine all the same. Neodros certainly seemed terrified. He looked at Joe and Ann. They didn't seem troubled at all. Not really human? Magic? He tried not to let it trouble him. He looked at Knightare... Neodros? and hoped at least he might be human, but it seemed unlikely.

He looked at Schadel. He wasn't certain what to think of her, except for that she was trying her best to be kind, and was probably injured. He hadn't been certain at first, shadow creatures were hard to look at, but the more he looked the more certain he was.

He didn't know how comfortable he was with touching something made of shadow, or even how someone went about helping a creature made of shadow, but there was something almost vulnerable about her that made him want to help.

"Um... Schadel?" he asked, when a crash came from somewhere in the kitchen.

Spoiler! :
Hey guys, sorry for the enormous delay! I've been doing stuffs and stuff, but I would love to keep this going if you still want too. @Mage @writerkitty @soundofmind
Last edited by Justlittleoleme2 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

40 Reviews

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:25 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Ainismeira

Ainismeria noticed the confusion she had caused for James. He had walked right into an empty kitchen, expecting to find everybody there.

She was embarrassed to say the least, but it was understandable, seeing that she was unused to communicating directly with people. Wanting to remedy the miscommunication she wrote a letter and as discretely as she could delivered it to James.

For James it would have seemed as thought the letter appeared from thin air... or to be more precise, as though it had been there, right under his nose, and he had just then noticed it. The letter was written in very neat and eloquent script, on very fine and delicate paper that smelled lightly of jasmine,

"Dear James,

Please forgive my brevity. The others are not in this kitchen but an entirely different kitchen. If you wish to join them please leave this home through the door you entered, and look to your Right. You will notice an older building shrouded by the forest. That is where they are.

However, if you wish to rest here, you may. If you desire food you will find it roasting over the fire in the living room, and of course there is water in the pitcher on the table"

Spoiler! :
Sorry for the miscommunication @soundofmind

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:29 pm
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :

I have a character I'd like to put here, but she is a fallen angel and therefore demonic. Can she enter because she isn't actually a demon or not because she is demonic?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

40 Reviews

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:40 pm
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Spoiler! :
@featherstone9086 -

Hi,
Thank you so much for asking.
That would actually make me a little uncomfortable. I'm sorry. Of course, you are welcome to post here with a different type of character.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:43 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :

Alright, no problem. I completely understand- that's why I asked ^_^. I'll take inventory of my characters and might hop in later. Thanks for the prompt response!
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

40 Reviews

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:59 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James

In the corner of his eye James spotted a letter that he didn't remember being there when he walked in. Curious, he picked it up and opened it, noting the jasmine scent that flowed up to his nose. He nodded at the correction the letter had given, as if given orders. His eyes seemed to skip over the "you may rest" portion of the letter, although less on purpose and more on accident, as he had only read as much as he needed to know.

Following her instructions, he left the building and scanned the forest, looking to the right. Fortunately, this time, she was right - through the thick of the forest he spotted the roof of a building in the distance. He took in a deep breath, steeling himself for the walk ahead. "Ok."

It took him a good fifteen minutes to make it to the old building with the condition his leg was in. He entered the building with no hesitation, being a bit too careless in his exhaustion to presume that the people he was about to deliver the message to were anything but trustworthy. When he found the kitchen, he slowly opened the door, and looking in...

He saw a group of people and, well, some sort of being that wasn't quite human. He stared for a moment, eyes wide, before clearing his throat. T-that's nothing too unusual. He told himself, clearing his throat again as all of their eyes went to him.

"All is well, you are not dead, and you are here for a reason." He said simply, reciting what he was told to say. But it seemed they expected a little more, since they all seemed a bit confused. So was he.

"...Apparently." He qualified, having nothing else to say. With that, he felt his leg quiver with uncertainty, and he sat down, leaning his back against a wall.

Ok, that's done with. Now what? He hoped they'd let him leave peacefully after he rested his leg. Maybe he'd go back to Ainismeira's cottage.

Spoiler! :
@Mage @Justlittleoleme2 @writerkitty sorry I'm so late aghh,, I got sick and started school again and had to find time!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

Is that a carrot?
— WeepingWisteria