z

Young Writers Society

The Rift

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:28 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme2 says...

A rift has occurred in time in space caused by the natural entropy of the universe.

This world is strongly affected by your own perception, so it will look a little different to everyone but the general idea is a Garden Cottage in the middle of the forest. The world is very big, filled with swamps, random victorian buildings, mountains, valleys, paths that lead no where...or anywhere, but no matter which way you go you will eventually run into a "wall" like in a video game. Past the wall the world becomes terribly distorted and fades away into a blue mist.

Remember your own perception affects what you see and reality is very..."suggestible" here. For example: "Man I'm hungry, where is the food!" "What are you talking about, there is a table full of food right in front of you!" Table full of food will suddenly become clear to the person. The feeling is similar to realizing you were looking right at something and just didn't see it before. A little confusing.

People generally fall into the rift when they are trying to escape or hide from something, although if they are scared enough and stay scared they can create a "phantom fear" It can't really hurt you but it seems to be there all the same. When ever your character no longer feels the need to "escape" or feels ready to face their fears that is when they leave. (You can of course do this suddenly, please don't feel chained to the story).

The world itself imposes certain rules. If a character is too violent, they forced out. Demons and ghosts cannot enter the realm. Magic is "frozen" here, so normal magic users will have to adjust.
Last edited by Justlittleoleme2 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

40 Reviews

Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:51 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme2 says...

MickaPika Woke. He was still shaking from the fight but Terrarivk was gone. He sat up a looked around him. Tree's everywhere, not on the plain's where he had been, not gripped in battle with his best friend. Tears welled up and he brushed them away, cheeks burning with shame. Men didn't cry, Leaders didn't cry. He jumped up, agile as a cat...at least that is Victor would have said, Micka had never seen a cat before.

He walked through the forest until he entered a clearing. The clearing was full of hedges, small trees, and little ponds filled with lillies. In the center was an enormous Indian tent, the likes of which Micka had never seen before. Curious Micka explored the maze of paths until he found himself finally at the tents front. Cautious, but too curious to turn away he pulled back the door flap, which was twice his height. Micka had never seen such a tent. Inside were tables and chairs. A fire burned cheerfully in the center. There were shelves lined with scrolls and all the walls where covered in the most elaborate paintings Micka could have ever imagined. "Am I dead?" Micka asked, feeling himself to make sure he was not a ghost. He seemed solid enough, maybe he should eat something, just to be sure. "Hellooooo!" He called, "Anybody there?" He heard no answer. As he drew near to the fire he noticed that fish roasted on big flat rocks next to the fire.
He picked one up and tested it with his teeth. Perfectly cooked, warm and crispy. He ate happily but the taste of it left a heavy ache in his heart. Micka had not had fish like that since his mother had passed away.

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:35 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Joe Collins

The immense pain was still throbbing in my head. Using all my strength, I opened my eyes; the bright blue sky made me close them back quickly. Wait! Where am I? What on earth happened to that dreadful storm? Blinking my eyes several times I managed to adjust it to the light. I sat down on the grassy ground. Is this some illusion or something? I'm not in the Myth for sure! How long was I out? And how did that happen anyway? My head started to throb again. I let out a groan and stood up. My feet were pretty wobbly and they also seemed to be numb. What happened to me? All I remember was running through the woods with my teammates and bumping right into an Amarok...After that, everything seemed like a big blur. I was standing in the middle of a glade or something. I doubted whether I can find someone I know. My friends had disappeared. "Helloooo" I heard a manly voice coming from nearby. I limped to where the voice was coming. My throat was too dry, so I couldn't reply. "Anybody there?" The same voice cried out, much closer now. A tall Indian tent stood in the middle of the clearing. The voice was coming from there! I limped towards the entrance. It took me a while because my legs were numb and wobbly. Taking risks is my hobby, so without thinking twice I peeped in. A man was there. He seemed to be eating something, most probably a fish. I wasn't sure whether he's a good person or a bad one, but some company might be useful. "Hi?" I croaked.

Just keep writing, writing, WRITING! :D

40 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:40 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Me- Glad to have some company! ^.^ Just remember, the building doesn't have to be an indian tent. It just looks like a tent to Micka since that is what he thinks of when he thinks of a building. It might be, and can be, different for your character. :) Although it doesn't have to be. ;) )

40 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:54 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Micka jumped up, his face full of fish, his hand at his knife. A boy in a bright orange shirt was looking in. His face was pale, and his legs seemed weak but his eyes looked like the eyes of a warrior...at least they seemed to be. Micka thought this must be the boy's home, and suddenly felt sheepish for having already stuffed his face with what must have been his dinner.

He wiped the fish from around his mouth, cleaned his hand against his pants, and offered his hand in greeting. "Please forgive me. I didn't mean to intrude, but I seem to be lost. ...my name is Micka...do you understand?" He wondered if this boy could even understand him.
Last edited by Justlittleoleme2 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

151 Reviews

Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:17 am
View Likes
writerkitty says...

The man seemed friendly. Despite the fact that his hand still had small pieces of fish, I shook it in a friendly manner. "It's a pleasure to meet you... Micka, don't worry...this isn't my tent...I'm lost too." My voice was still pretty hoarse and I really needed a glass of water. "I'm...going to have a glass of water if you don't mind," I said as I limped towards the table which was stacked up with glasses that were filled with crystal clear water.
Micka looked confused. I forced another smile as I gulped down the cool water. "Uh, you see, I don't really know how I came here," My throat felt better, but I still felt pretty weak, so I grabbed the ends of the table to steady myself. "I just woke up in the middle of the woods. I can't even remember what happened to me before I came here. I'm Joe Collins by the way."

Spoiler! :
I'll just tell a bit more about Joe's appearance so you all can get a proper idea about how he looks. He's a twelve-year-old boy with elemental powers (ice, fire, water, earth, water, and air). His brown bushy hair is always untidy. He has chocolate brown eyes along with a small round nose. He has normal Right now he's wearing his normal camp outfit. That is just a normal orange long sleeved t-shirt along with black cargo pants and black sneakers. And personality, he's not shy but he can be awkward. And he's human, half human at least.

40 Reviews

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:10 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Micka noticed that they boy was struggling. "Well, Joe Collins, You look like you've been in a fight." He said as he pulled a chair over for the boy, "You should sit," Then he thought for a moment, "I was also in a fight before I came here." He was not prepared for the rush of memories that clung to his heart like wet sand. He tried to shake it off, now was not the time. "I...uh, ahem, I also came here in a similar way. This country is new to me, but it does feel familiar...like a dream I've had...or that I'm having." He looked about him, "I wonder if this is a vision of some sort...or...," the thought made is heart race, "maybe we have died?"

151 Reviews

Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:51 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Joe
I almost jumped out of my chair. "What! We can't be dead...And this isn't a dream, let me just pinch myself to make sure." I did so and nothing happened. Micka must've thought that I'm crazy. "But...um, I also felt that this place is familiar to me...and it's kinda weird." I stared at the chair again. The chairs at the academy were a little crooked and they had a small 'M' symbol on each leg. I bent down to check whether this chair had them too. Surprisingly it had the same symbols.

"Something's wrong..." I muttered. " I was fighting with an Amarok...at least I think I was...I can't quite remember. My friends were there too...and then the creature pounced..." My voice trailed off. Was Micka right? Are we really dead? But this world can't be heaven or hell? Where on Earth are we?
My head started to hurt again and a few blurry visions of howling creatures and screaming people filled up my head. I closed my eyes tightly and the creepy images disappeared. when I opened my eyes again, Micka was staring at me. "Sorry...I just had this weird vision thingy again...I'm not human...uh, I am well, more like a magical human." I forced a smile.

40 Reviews

Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:45 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Micka frowned in thought. He didn't know what to think about magical humans, but he never took a vision lightly. "Visions are serious matters in my culture. Was it about where we are or where you came from?" He asked.

151 Reviews

Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:32 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Joe

I scratched my head, "I think it's about where I came from. The academy is in danger..." A chill ran up my spine as I said those words.

Can I trust this man? Should I tell him about the academy and about the Mythical forest? I'm not even sure whether we're from the same world.

40 Reviews

Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:39 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Joe paused, a question on his face. Micka could tell he was trying to decide whether to share something or not. He wanted to ask questions. For example, "What was an Academy?", but instead he waited patiently for Joe to make up his mind.

151 Reviews

Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:11 am
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Joe
Micka seemed to have read my thoughts. "Look," I said to break the silence. "I'm really confused right now and I don't know what to do...I'm stuck in some kind of a world with a dude I've never seen before, no offense. And maybe I'm dead...I just don't know what to do." I buried my face in my hands. "I'm the chosen one and the fate of two worlds lie in my hands."

40 Reviews

Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:45 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme2 says...

The fate of two worlds? For the first time Micka could see the weight that laid across the boy's shoulders. The fate of two worlds? How many worlds are were out there? For most of Micka's life he had only known one.

He pinched his eyebrows in thought. He understood Joe's frustration, yet he didn't know how to show him he could be trusted.
Finally he said, "Well...the best way I know to help them now would be to figure out the puzzle here. The puzzle being: Why are we here? and how do we get back to where we belong?"

He turned to look at the fire, then with a shock of revelation remembered the fish.
"Well, I do know one thing. I don't think we are dead. In my culture ghosts can't eat...at least, that is what we are taught." Of course that was only ghosts that walked the earth, not people in the after life, but it was the best thing he had to go on.

151 Reviews

Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:03 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Joe

"The puzzle here," I repeated, "You're right Micka!"
I took some quick steps towards the exit, "Sitting here doing nothing won't help us to get out of here! You're right!"
Right now, I looked like a mad scientist.

"And, about us not being dead, I think you're right. I don't know much about ghosts, but I think you're right, ghosts can't eat..." I scratched my head with confusion as I peeked out of the tent, "So, what are we going to do now? And I think I should tell you more about myself before we continue our journey."

40 Reviews

Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:43 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme2 says...

It was clear to Micka that Joe was bending a bit under the stress, but at least now they had a direction for that stressed energy to go in.
"That's fine Joe. ...I think maybe, if we want to get home, we should retrace our steps. Where do you fist remember being here?"

I hope everyone's safe and sound and has some potatoes in the pantry.
— Arcticus