z

Young Writers Society

The Garden

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:59 pm
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Okay!

So this is The Garden. Basically imagine a garden between the city and the forest. It is the center point of the story. There is a pond, a stream, trails, a forest, a city, a gardener and her children, their dog, cat, horse, and ducks. Wild animals cross through(like foxes, racoons, coyotes which scavenge in the city sometimes), and some, like birds and squirrels, live in the garden itself.

I will play the part of the gardener and her cat, Silky.

Your job is to create a character of your own. Either one the children, their dog, thier horse or ducks, any wild animal that you can think of(preferably north american wildlife), lets not all be bears, wolves, and mountain lions :p . Don't be afraid to pick something small. You can have you own adventure in the story, but try your best to interact with the other characters.

Try to REally get into the character.

No profanity, no magic please.

Current Limit is 8 or 10 people but that number may grow once things start moving along smoothly.

Picture from flikr commons by Nathan.

Under license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/
Last edited by Justlittleoleme2 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

40 Reviews

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:08 pm
Justlittleoleme2 says...

It was a beautiful misty morning, just barely daylight. A woman in pastel gardening clothes sat on an old wood bench, sipping a hop cup of tea and watching the sunlight burn away the mist. Her old bob tail cat, Silky, was curled on her lap, eyes sleepy but heart wide awake. Birds everywhere were beginning to sing, the noctournal animals were returning to their dens, and the squirrels were already dashing about playfully in the old oaks. The woman, Madeline, thought in her heart, "What a perfect morning to pick herbs," The cat thought, "What a lovely morning to hunt," .

Alright, now it's your turn.

Imagine a character and jump in.

40 Reviews

Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Silky stood and stretched then rubbed her head under Madeline's chin before leaping off her lap and trotting to the pond. It was spring so all of the flowers and lillies where blooming. The ducks were sleeping, waking, and preening themselves, making little happy whistling sounds. Silky always enjoyed watching them. Their quick little movements and quiet sounds were mesmerizing, but she never bothered them, ducks could be ferocious when they needed to be. A lesson she had learned when very young.
Silky moved on, trotting through the Rose garden, where the birds loved to nest. Rose thorns may be an excellent cat deterrent but Silky knew baby birds had a way of wandering. A big grey bird fussed at her then swooped down catching a bit of fur off of her tail. She growled, just her luck, a mocking bird. He swooped again, "Leave CAT!" he said and tried to steal another tuft of fur. She swatted, missed and growled, "I'm going, I'm going!" She skittered away and into the tea garden where she sampled the cat nip,to calm her nerves, then cut across the lawn to the creek.

40 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:05 am
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Silky loved the creek. The sound of the water was chattery and cheerful and the butterflies that flew their were fun to chase but what she loved most where the little silver fish that swam there. She had a favorite old log that lay out across the creek where she would wait patiently, one paw just barely dipped in the water. She usually didn't have to wait long before a fish became curious and she became fed. She stepped out on the log but a strange feeling crept across her shoulders and raised the fur on her back. The feeling of eyes watching her. She acted as though suddenly bored with the idea of fishing and walked nonchalantly back to the garden. Once in the cover of the roses she skittered back to the house like a scared rabbit, narrowly evading the angry beak of the Mocking bird again.
She never did see what had frightened her, "Nothing but nerves." she told herself, but for a cat safe was always better than sorry.

40 Reviews

Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:21 pm
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Silky decided to try the barn. It was getting hot now that the sun was up but the barn was still cool from the winter. Silky stalked in slowly, she never knew when she might catch a little mouse unaware. Today there were none, not even a sniff, so Silky climbed up the stall walls and looked in to see how the horse was doing. Horse was no where to be seen. Silky sighed, "Mistress must have taken 'em out for awhile, this is just my luck! No food, no friends, and nothing else to do." She twitched her little ball of a tail in frustration. "I'm not even sleepy enough for a cat nap!" She started to leave and missed her footing tumbling into the stall. Like any self respecting cat Silky landed on her feet. She took a moment to straighten her fur and tend to her damaged ego then pawed the stall door open and went to the house. "Maybe the children will be around?" Silky thought hopefully.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:33 pm
View Likes
FallWolf says...

-Cerria (a chickadee) (pronounced see-REE-a)

Stop, look. There's that cat, stalking towards the porch. Flit, quick, right out of the cat's reach. She gazes a pinched face at me, waving her silver tail, but I have no want to be her cat-fun today. Though, still, she looks a bit lonely. I bet cat's don't get many friends. Shake, quick hop to new branch. No way am I talking to some arrogant cat. Though, still... bob head, another swift hop to a lower branch.

"G'day, cat Silky. G'dbye, Silky cat." Fly, stop. The cat calls out back to me.

"Hey, wait a minute you!"

40 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:08 am
Justlittleoleme2 says...

The little bird actually stopped, landing just out of reach and turning it's head in curiosity. It had said hello, birds never told Silky hello and for good reason. Curiosity peaked, Silky sat and looked up, trying her best to look friendly. She tried to think of something to say... "I'm bored." she said, her tone very frank. "and you are the only living thing besides my mistress to say hi to me this morning." The little bird turned it's head the other direction and skipped a branch higher. "Please...if you tell me a story, just one, and spend just a moment more with me, and share your name perhaps, I will promise to never eat you if I should ever get the chance. ...but it must be a good one."

I am just curious-have I ever been on the bottom quote-thingy?
— foxmaster