z

Young Writers Society

Hall of Written Words Bookstore

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:17 pm
View Likes
artsy says...

Welcome to the Hall of Written Words Bookstore! We buy, sell, and trade books, ebooks, dvds, cds, and video games. There might even be something here for you that can't be found on a shelf or a cabinet.

If you have any questions, please come see me, Penelope Collins, head manager here at HOWW.

Penelope Collins
The store was about as busy as it normally gets around the holidays. Today was Christmas Eve, which meant I had only had 3 more days until I could go back home to my family. My flight home for the holidays got cancelled 3 days ago, and there wasn't another one they could put me on until 9 days later. As soon as the big guy (my boss) heard about this, he scheduled me and a few other workers to stay here during the holidays for regular business hours.
I sighed as I made my rounds putting up books as the current wave of shoppers made their way out of the cashier lines.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:59 am
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

He fails to withhold an excited squeal when he lays his eyes upon the Hall of Written Words Bookstore. He's grateful that he's saved up enough money, but at the same time knows that he really should keep it to use later...
Screw it...He thinks. Knowing that his usual form would gather a lot of suspcion, he snaps his fingers. Standing in his place is boy in his early teens, with emerald green eyes and long messy blond hair in a low ponytail. He's wearing a black tunic, pants, and a pair of brown leather boots.
Schadel throws the doors open and rushes inside. The minute he does so, he's met with the smell of old books. He gives a content sigh. Schadel begins to make his way down the aisles, and is surprised to see that are things other than books on the shelves.
You know...Tomorrow is that day Chi talked about. The one where humans give gifts to each other. Maybe I should get her and Claret something? He begins to investigate the shelves for the perfect gift, one that isn't priced too high.

Spoiler! :
Hi! I just wanted to say that I died when I saw what this roleplay was about. Schadel may or may not have been the only one to squeal when the bookstore was discovered. :D
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

45 Reviews

Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:25 pm
artsy says...

Penelope Collins
I dusted my hands off from rearranging a set of books on a nearby shelf. Down the aisle I noticed a boy - teenager maybe? - looking at the shelves with a critical eye, but not really picking up anything to take a closer look. I walked toward him, and started rearranging a shelf close by him.
"Hey, welcome to HOWW. Can I help you find anything?" I asked him as I began to pull books off the shelf.

Spoiler! :
Glad you're excited about it! :D I haven't seen any bookstore ones on here, so I thought this might be welcome.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:46 pm
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

"Um..." Schadel awkwardly starts. "I'm not really sure. I was going to buy some books for myself, but then I realized that tomorrow is that day when human-" He catches himself when he realizes that it probably isn't the smartest idea to say that he isn't human. "when some of my friends give each other gifts." He puts his hands in his pockets and returns to looking at the shelves.
mage

queer and here.

45 Reviews

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:54 am
artsy says...

Penelope Collins
I nodded in response. "Well, let me know if you need any help!" I walked to the very end of the aisle to resort through a pile of books someone had knocked on the floor.
~
Will Review For Food

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:49 am
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

Though he still needs to find a gift for the other members of Schadel's Necromancy Agency, he walks over to the woman and starts to pick up some of the books. "Could I help you?" He asks. "I'm still thinking of presents to give my friends, so I have plenty of time on my hands." The blond haired boy grins. "I'm Schadel, by the way."
mage

queer and here.

45 Reviews

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:57 pm
View Likes
artsy says...

Penelope Collins
I jumped a little when the younger boy - Schadel? What an odd name - came up to me with a few books in his arms.
I thought for a second. "Unfortunately, we're not allowed to have non-employees help do work we're supposed to do." I finished putting up the rest of books. "Thank you though. I can help you find some things if you still need some ideas?" It came out as more of a question.
~
Will Review For Food

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:24 am
Kelpies says...

Flaerwin

Flaerwin's eyes widened, books! So many books! But there were people in there, and being the shy person she was, she tried her best to sneak in without causing a sound. Also being the clumsy person she was, she managed to trip on a bookshelf and almost toppled the shelf over, she quickly straightened the shelf and placed the books that had fallen out back. She avoided meeting anyone's gaze. She looked to be in her early teens, her hair was a light brown, and she had deep sea- blue eyes. She was relatively short, and was thickly built with apparent muscles. She was tan, and was wearing a coat that would have been judged too thin for the current season, and a pair of jeans, worn with holes in the knees.

When she was finished, she headed towards the fantasy section, hands in her pockets and eyes on her feet.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

45 Reviews

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:47 am
artsy says...

Penelope Collins
I saw another girl come into the Fantasy aisle and gave her a welcoming smile, before returning back to the shelf and the teenage boy.
~
Will Review For Food

223 Reviews

Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:08 pm
Kelpies says...

Flaerwin

Flaerwin looked up momentarily, catching the smile. She returned with a tiny, shy smile. She settled down with a book in the corner, sitting on the floor with her feet tucked under her. She looked around like she was expecting to be followed, she seemed to be slightly on edge. When she actually settled with the book though, one could have easily been mistaken for a statue, she sat so perfectly still.

The only thing that moved was her lips, silently reading aloud from the book.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

Reviews: 3
Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:21 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Jillian Kiland

I slowly walked into the bookstore. I gasped and almost fainted, I saw more books than I've ever seen before. I had to keep my cool, when I was . . . well . . . not a superhero, I used to LOVE books. I kept my cool and walked through the bookstore, it was definitely a memory for me. It was tiring to be a superhero, so I left Maxum and came here. . .

Spoiler! :
LOVE this topic! Here is a little background info on my character: My character's real name is Jillian Kiland, she was fourteen when her and 30 other people died from a avalanche. After she was found and cremated, She rose from her ashes as a superhero with fire powers. . .
Winterfell is cold.

45 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:35 pm
artsy says...

Spoiler! :
So cool!

Penelope Collins
Finishing shelving the last books, I began heading towards the front of the store to check on the cashiers, waving to a girl who had just walked through the doors. "Welcome to HOWW! Let us know if you need help."
~
Will Review For Food

Reviews: 3
Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:06 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Jillian Kiland

"Actually I have books to sell."

I pulled out books from my book bag.

"These are original copies of books that date back to the 1970's. Like 'Rules for Radicals'."

I hand them to her.
Winterfell is cold.

223 Reviews

Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:12 am
Kelpies says...

Flaerwin

Flaerwin jumped as someone walked in. She seemed to relax when she saw who it was.

Or rather, who it wasn't.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:56 pm
Remy020 says...

Siara

Finally! I thought. Normal people! After a month in Hawaii spending time with my cousins who only wanted to surf, it was nice to return to a much more normal life of reading. As a young author I had a thing for books. Stepping into the book store,I went straight to the fiction section. As I browsed, I accidentally bumped into someone. I turned to apologize and was surprised when I saw who it was...
To write is to write is to write is to write is to write is to write is to write is to write.
Gertrude Stein.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.
Audrey Hepburn.

http://www.brainyquote.com

If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there.
— George Harrison