Young Writers Society

A Chance Meeting

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:40 pm
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

Schadel watchs with awe as Blanx, his long time friend, commands the skeletons to attack Jackie's father. The murderer throws his daughter to the ground as he attempts to protect himself against the skeletons' attacks. Though he manages to break apart several of his attackers, the skeletons reassemble and rise from the ground.
Jackie's father, surprisingly enough, is terrified. He doesn't scream or run, but Schadel can see the fear in his eyes.
Schadel's gaze travels to the side of the clearing where Margaret is standing. She's frozen in fear at the display before her, her jaw dropping as one of the skeletons knocks Jackie's father to the ground.
Claret appears at Schadel's side. "I got the big guns." She says. "There's only so much a ghost can do with a pair of pans."
Schadel grins. "I thought you left me." He admits, still watching Blanx.
"I would never do that." Claret replies.
Jackie's father pushes a skeleton off of him and rushes off into the dark cover of the woods. "That will teach him a lesson." Schadel comments. Unfortunately, that lesson isn't enough to make up for all of the murders he committed. There is nothing that can make up for loss of life. Even sending someone to prison can't.
The skeletons sink back into the ground, and Blanx walks over to the terrified Jackie. He holds out his hand. "Hello, beautiful." Blanx says.
Schadel sighs. Blanx, ever the gentleman, he thinks.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Reviews: 3
Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:18 pm
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

Jackie ?

Jackie heard a soothing voice,

"Hello beautiful."

She uncurled and saw a man, she took his hand and stood up, still shaking in fear. His eyes calmed her. But she was still pretty terrified. But she calmed herself down.

"Uh hi?"

She decided to let her defenses down and fell against a tree.

"Ouch. Thanks Schadel. I really appreciate it."

She nodded to the man too,

"Thank you too."
Winterfell is cold.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:42 am
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

Schadel looks away. "I didn't do all that much..." He admits. All that he did was stand up for Jackie. He didn't have the genius idea of getting help-that was Claret. And the one who terrified Jackie's father was Blanx.
"You are welcome, my dear." Blanx grabs Jackie's hand and kisses it with cold lips.
His gaze shifts to Schadel, and the comfort that he had in his voice when speaking to Jackie vanishes as he says, "Are you alright, Schadel?" There's genuine worry in his voice as he watches Schadel.
"I'm okay." Schadel replies. "Thanks to Claret's quick thinking, and you showing up. And because of Margaret throwing that rock." He feels something bump up against his leg. It's the cat that dragged him into this entire mess. It stares up at him expectantly.
"And the cat jumping at that guy's face." Schadel finally adds. The feline gives a satisfied purr. Maybe cats aren't so bad after all.
"Who are you?" Margaret questions, staring at Blanx. She turns to Schadel. "And why were those pans floating?"
"My name is Blanx. I am a Grim Reaper, just like Schadel is, but most know me as the owner to a shop called Blanx's Magic Shop, beautiful." Blanx introduces himself, giving a polite bow of his head. He takes Margaret's hand and kisses it.
Schadel rolls his eyes at the older Grim Reaper's actions. He then points to Claret. "There's a ghost right here, though you can't see her. Her name is Claret. She was hitting those guys with some of her cookware earlier..."
mage

queer and here.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:44 pm
View Likes
LadyEvvy says...

Margaret:
Margaret had slipped off earlier to try to get her bearings, but now that she's returned they've been pulled right out from under her again. Yet another stranger has arrived, some crazy wizard Grim Reaper character with purple hair and a crazy amount of jewelry.
She's still confused about the whole ordeal, but glad that everyone's alright. At the very least, she had managed to sic a cat on that other creep.
The other Grim Reaper, Blanx, takes her hand and kisses it. It takes all her willpower not to rip her hand away immediately. Blanx doesn't seem like a bad person, but Margaret is having a crazy day and doesn't really know any of these people.
She stares around the clearing, trying to take it all in. "Alright," she begins. "So, at the moment, we have two Grim Reapers, one ghost, a cat, Jackie, and myself. From what I understand the ghost just ran off to find this Blanx guy. So, does that mean she knows some way to get out of this forest?" Margaret looks expectantly at the direction Schadel had indicated, hoping that something was actually there and feeling a bit stupid, talking to the air.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:57 am
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

Hope fills Schadel. Maybe, just maybe, Claret knows the way out.
The ghost's gaze shifts to the ground underneath her floating sandaled feet. She wrings her hands, and bites her lip. "It was that thing again, Schadel." She quietly explains. "The whole being-your-assistant thing. I just knew you needed help, so I was brought to Blanx because you needed me to get him. And when we came back, it was like I was tracking you. I was too worried to notice any major landmarks."
His heart, which had been soaring moments before, divebombs. "She doesn't know." Schadel admits. "Claret doesn't know."
"So we're lost." Blanx says. "Lost in the middle of the woods near Drey."
Schadel gives a dismal nod as he picks up the cat. "We have to find the way out, and have to hope that Jackie's father has been given a taste of his own medicine."
mage

queer and here.

Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:46 pm
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

Jackie ?

"Thank you guys so much! I really appreciate it! But I think I know a way out of here. But . . . It's a LONG walk."

She guides them through the trees. And they come up to a road fairly quickly.

"Well . . . Nevermind, I think we should head we-"

She heard gunshots. She had been shot so many times, but this was the worst. It hit her in her heels, and in her back. She screamed out in pain.

"GO NOW!! I'LL BE FINE!!"

She was shot again. Schadel looked terrified.

"GO NOW!!"

CLIFF HANGER!!!
Winterfell is cold.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:29 pm
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

"I thought that Blanx scared them off-" A bullet whizzes through Claret. Her form flickers for several seconds afterwards. "Hey! If I wasn't dead, that would have killed me, you jerk!"
While Claret is yelling words that should not be repeated to young children, Schadel stares at Jackie with horror. She's injured yet again, and is unable to move like before. "Do you have those pills?" Schadel questions, struggling to keep his voice steady. "The ones from earlier?"
Her face pales as she searches her pockets for one. "No." Jackie whispers. "I don't."

@LadyEvvy-Your turn!

Spoiler! :
This is the 50th post, besides the explanation. Awesome job so far, you guys!
mage

queer and here.

41 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:26 pm
View Likes
LadyEvvy says...

Margaret:
Margaret stands, staring in horror for a moment at Jackie bleeding on the ground. Without the medicine, what are they supposed to do?
So much for magic... What good is it to learn wizardry if she can't even protect a friend? Well, she decides, she has to try something, even if it doesn't work.
She kneels next to Jackie and puts a hand over the wound. She thinks she remembers seeing a wizard do that while treating her father once.
She looks at Schadel. "Um... cover me, would you?" He just nods and turns to the woods.
She closes her eyes and focuses on the wound, putting all her power into it, willing it to heal. She feels something shift under her fingers, but doesn't open her eyes to see what's happening. She can feel the strength draining out of her, and a ringing in her ears.
After what feels like an eternity, she feels someone shaking her shoulder. She opens her eyes and looks down at Jackie. The bleeding has slowed and some of the color has returned to Jackie's face, but the wound isn't completely healed. Margaret turns her head to look at Schadel, but the motion almost makes her sick.
She hears a voice, fuzzy and distant. "Are you okay? Margaret?" She tries to reply that no, she's not okay, and could someone please bring her some water, but all that comes out is an indistinct groan.
She feels herself being lifted by the shoulders as black spots appear in her vision.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:46 am
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

He stares at Margaret as Blanx lifts her off the ground. Jackie unsteadily gets to her feet, wobbling slightly as she does so.
Margaret just did magic.
Magic.
She doesn't seem to be all that experienced in it, but she obviously isn't as helpless as she seems. Schadel, though he hates to admit it to himself, is envious that even she can do something. This entire time, Schadel has been relying on the help of others. He wants to show that he can be strong, even though his intelligence is the only thing that he has going for him-The idea suddenly hits him.
"We need to head back into the forest." He says as the bullets rain down upon.
"Are you out of your mind?" Jackie questions, Margaret's magic having returned some of her strength. "We just finally got out of there!"
"Look," Schadel says, ducking as one of the attackers throws some sort of projectile, "it's dark. The woods will hide us, and it's a lot harder to hit someone when they're ducking behind trees."
The cat gives a meow in what he hopes to be agreement.
"So, do you guys agree?"
Blanx nods, along with Claret. With Margaret having slipped off into unconsciousness, only Jackie is left to decide.

(Hey, @Deadpool and @LadyEvvy, I've gotten an idea to make this go a little longer. It involves a castle in the middle of the woods, with a challenge inside for our characters.)
mage

queer and here.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:04 pm
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

Jackie ?

It somewhat feels like I'm being revived. Then I realize . . . It's Margaret . . .

Afterwards I see her looking a little tipsy. I try not to fall down again, as Schadel's friend helps me up. I look towards my friend. She just save me, but now she's out like a light. I nod as Schadel tells us the plan. I slowly realize . . . I saw a black thing on my heel, everyone notices it too.

"I've seen these before . . . They are tracking devices."

I rip it out of my heel screaming in pain. Wait . . . My father's men didn't do this . . . It was my anonymous friend, who helped me escape from insanity. . .

"Guys, We need to talk. And hurry."
Winterfell is cold.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:13 pm
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

Schadel stares at Jackie as she pulls that strange black device out of her foot. What could it possibly be? It doesn't seem to be a weapon, but she does seem to be in pain as she takes it out.
"Guys, we need to talk. And hurry." Jackie says.
Blanx shakes his head, purple strands of hair slipping out of his ponytail as he does so. "I think we need to get out of here first." He looks expectantly at Schadel. "What do you think we should do?"
Schadel thinks for a second. He decides as a bullet hits the scythe has on his back. "We go into the woods first, and then talk. I think I saw a castle awhile back. If we can get to there, we should be safe."
"I saw it too." Claret says. "But didn't you get a feeling that something was up with that place?"
"We can worry about that later." Schadel says. As they rush into the cover of the trees, Margaret awakens.

@LadyEvvy-Your turn!
mage

queer and here.

41 Reviews

Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:05 am
View Likes
LadyEvvy says...

Margaret:
Margaret groggily shakes her head, but the action makes her want to puke so she stops. She peels open her eyes. The world around her is blurred, but she can make out the vague figures of trees and her companions.
"I saw it too, but didn't you get a feeling that something was up with that place?"
"We can worry about that later."
Margaret takes a moment to process the words. She feels someone dragging her to the treeline, and she struggles to get her feet under her.
"Where're we goin'?" Her words slur together as she's half-dragged, half-carried into the woods. She can only hope the others understand.
Schadel turns to her. "There's somewhere in the woods that we passed. I think we'll be safer there."
Margaret finally finds her footing and stumbles along as fast as she can, still leaning heavily on Blanx. The cat trots along at her heels, and she almost trips over it. Somewhere safe, huh? She heard the banging sound from earlier again, and a chunk of wood exploded off the tree next to her. I hope you know what you're doing, Schadel...

Spoiler! :
Using magic in front of Schadel because I'm EVIL, mwahahahaha! You're characters are so cute, though, @Magestorrow!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:01 am
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

Schadel keeps his eyes trained on the shape growing in the distance. They finally reach the large castle. Schadel pounds on the door, and opens his mouth to shout out a plea for someone to let them in.
But the gates magically open instead.
"It's dark." Blanx comments as they walk inside.
Schadel glances at the walls around them. "I wonder who lives here..." He trails off, his gaze turning to the now shut doors.
"Lives?" Margaret questions. "This place seems abandoned."
Schadel shakes his head. "There's no dust on any of the decorations. If no one lived here, then it would be dusty-"
"Ah!" A young boy suddenly cries out. Schadel perks up when he hears the all too familiar sound of books hitting the ground. They all turn to see a suit of armor staring at them, books around its feet. "Humans! And a g-g-ghost!!!"
To all of their surprise, the armor shoots down the hallway, leaving the books behind.
"He saw me." Claret manages to get out. "He saw me."
"Maybe he's a ghost?" Blanx suggests. "I would say that he is worried about Schadel and I taking his soul, but he called all of us human."
"So I might be right when I said that something is going on here..." Schadel trails off, staring at the books that were left behind. "There is one thing about him that I noticed, which supports the whole ghost idea."
"What?" Jackie asks.
"That armor was hollow."

Spoiler! :
Yes, @LadyEvvy, you are very evil. :D Thanks! Wait until you meet Nex. He's hilarious. And the guy you just met is adorable! :D
mage

queer and here.

41 Reviews

Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:44 am
View Likes
LadyEvvy says...

Margaret:

Margaret was still feeling a little woozy when a suit of armor dropped a pile of books on the floor sprinted off down the halls. For a moment she thought she might be hallucinating, but the others seemed to have seen the same thing.
"A ghost? I thought your friend is a ghost, Schadel, and I can't see her, but I could see the boy just fine. Why would I be able to see one ghost but not another?"
She tried to think back to her time at the academy. She definitely hadn't seen any ghosts there, nor had she encountered any enchanted suits of armor. Still, almost anything could be enchanted with the right spell.
She straightened up, taking a little of her weight off of Blanx. "I need to take a look at that suit of armor."
The group looked at her in confusion, even the cat. "I dunno how much good that's gonna do." Jackie commented.
"Yeah, but if I'm right, we'll know what it was we just saw. If I'm wrong, we'll rule out one possibility, at least."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:19 pm
Mageheart says...

Schadel:

Schadel nods. "That sounds like a good idea." He says. He stares down the hallway for several seconds. "It might take awhile, though. The place looked gigantic from the outside, and I'm getting the feeling that it's bigger on the inside."
"Should we split up?" Blanx questions, scanning the halls.
Schadel shakes his head. "I don't think that we should. We don't know what lives here just yet." And on that note, they begin to head down the hallway that the hollow armor had gone running down.
mage

queer and here.

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats