Young Writers Society

The misunderstood

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:43 am
Kelpies says...

Elly.

I shrugged. "You could call me that. However, I usually just go by Elly."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:48 am
clarevelyn13 says...

"Elly." Milo repeated her name, and smiled. "I like it." He just kind of stood there on the threshold once more, taking in her expression. Then he blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. He could feel the slightly raised portion of skin that he knew was marked with a special black ink. He dreaded deciphering it. He knew it didn't mean anything good. "Uh...can I come in, Elly?"

223 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:05 am
Kelpies says...

I nodded, stepping aside. I returned to my place on the floor, continuing to dig the bullets out of my back.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

18 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:18 am
clarevelyn13 says...

Milo gave her a curt nod of thanks and stepped inside. He followed Elly into the room with the others, and looked around. "Hello all. The name's Milo." Again he felt the patch on the back of his neck. His gaze went back to Elly, watching as she continued to de-bullet herself. "Need any hel--" Suddenly his knees buckled and his limp body fell to the floor, his head smacking the ottoman on his way down. Milo's world went black.

223 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:32 am
Kelpies says...

"Holy-" I started reviewing medical files- what should I do? I decided to wait for a little bit to see if his condition changed. He didn't seem to have any trouble breathing- and I didn't technically even have medical training... So...

Reviews: 3
Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:09 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Jackie

Wow another person! Although there were like 2 people, there were still too many. I didn't want them to notice my . . . Transformation.

"I'll be right back."

I run into the bathroom, lock the door, and look in the mirror . . . Uh oh. My makeup is smeared I can't go outside looking like- MY MAKEUP IS OUTSIDE TOO! I cover my face and walk out of the room,

"Everyone look away."
Winterfell is cold.

223 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:47 am
Kelpies says...

Elly

I did as I was told. "Why?" I questioned- genuinely curious. If she was about to slit my throat I'd rather stare and laugh in her face while she did it.

18 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:37 am
clarevelyn13 says...

It was then that the unconscious Milo began to have a "dream," or in fact, more like a nightmare. He could see so many faces on the backs of his eyelids, and every one of them was either unrecognizable or frightening...or both. Then he saw a black baracode - at least that's the closest thing he could compare it to.
Suddenly Milo's bright eyes flicked open widely, and he found himself sprawled out on the ground, sweating even more than before. He could feel a sticky substance trickling from a gash on his forehead - blood. Great. "Oh man," he mumbled with a voice like sandpaper, noticing Elly covering her face with her hands. "Am I that ugly?" he gasped.

223 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:08 pm
Kelpies says...

Elly

"If you were, I wouldn't be quite so blatant in my attempts to avoid looking at you. However, someone seems to not like being peered at."

Cogs never did cover her face- her curiosity always seemed to outweigh any morals she seemed to have.

18 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:27 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Milo

Milo slowly sat up, tenderly touching the spot on his head. He spotted Cogs peering at him, and smiled. "Hey there." Then he noticed another girl in the room, who was blatantly covering her face. He didn't say anything, sitting up and using his hands to lean back on.

223 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:41 pm
Kelpies says...

Elly

Cogs nodded at him.

"She can't speak." I told him. "I've yet to give her a dependable program for English."

Cogs meowed in annoyance.

Reviews: 3
Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:32 am
RedEyedRunt says...

Jackie

I sigh,

"If I show you, please don't run away."

I remove my hands exposing my white face, my lips curled up into a smile, and the dark shading under my eyes. A tear escapes my eye, I look just like . . . Him.

"I'm a freak. You can judge all you want."

I cover my face again
Winterfell is cold.

223 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:45 am
Kelpies says...

Elly.

"You may be a freak in some people's eyes- but isn't everyone? All the best people have something someone could see as weird or wrong- but it makes them all the better to be around." I removed the last of the bullets.

18 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:55 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Milo nodded in agreement. Although admittedly the poor girl's face was startling, he still managed to see a bit of beauty in it. "No judgement here," he affirmed, just as a trickle of blood fell down from his forehead. "Aw, rats. Anybody got some gauze or something?" He was not a quick healer.

223 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:02 pm
Kelpies says...

I opened a compartment in my leg, removing a roll of bandages. "Would these be alright?

Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard